When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New IWC reps!

eunomians

I went to an AD the other day and I saw this one in person, WOW! Are there any reps yet? :D My favorite of all time, the lovely IWC Portuguese #5445

iwc5445ch5.png

I saw this one, too! Classic Aqua brought back to life! Gotta have it!

iwc3231iu8.png

Another classic that I must own!

iwc3233vv1.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope these are available soon!

How big is that first one. Very classy.

I think 45mm. It does not look like a clock on the wrist, it fits very well (even if you don't like big watches). I tried it on and thought about selling some vintage Rolex for this baby.

No don't do that. Keep your vintage and sell your body organs instead.

You're right. I did go crazy at the store. I've bought quite a few genuine beasts there over the years. The thought of coming home with a true Portuguese made me go nuts.

I'm hoping that these will be offered. But I am afraid that simple things are the hardest to redo. Such has been the lesson thus far with IWC items. To this day, there still is no Mark XV that is perfect. Wow. Now I'm getting pessimistic.

• 3 weeks later...

These are part of IWCs Vintage Collection - Jubilee Edition. They were introduced in Jan 08 to the press. They've got six new versions of vintage lines. They include: Portuguese, Pilot, Ingenieur, Aquatimer, DaVinci, and Portofino. They are starting out with 500 of each in platinum. The first 140 of each will be sold in six piece sets. After that they will be run in non-limited production in stainless steel. I don't even want to think about how much a limited platinum set will go for. I'm certain it's well beyond the price of my house which is about 400k usd. :o

Now, the coolest thing would be if the rep makers got ahead of the game and introduced them in sets. Oh the irony...reproductions of reproduction watches in a commemorative set of a commemorative set. If these things come out as reps, I'm right there.

Well, I've got one! just received the pilot version from TTK. A few flaws, such as the seconds at 6 is too high,lume is weak. It is one beautiful watch and was very inexpensive with the asian mvment. I bought it as a lark for under $100. I'm putting a better strap on it and will post pics hopefully this weekend. Turns out the closed CB is accurate!!??

BTW, it's 44/45mm. Haven't measured it exactly.

Also, picked up his vintage Longine. Another very nice $100 rep.

IWC Vintage Ingenieur Automatic is my favorite

(whats the price range of the gen?)

but I also like the other models:

so rep makers I would suggest a "buy 3 pay 2 bundle" ;)

I have ordered the Aquatimer for myself from the vintage line. A little pricey but worth it IMO. Price is in the 7's. These watches are just beyond cool...

Oh - just FYI, the Aquatimer in Steel is unlimited in production. I just checked th exact list and it is $7300 but it can be had in the mid 5's from most discounters. Typical 20-25% off pricing. Most AD's aren't discounting them though as they are still too "new". I know some AD's are still just getting them in this month so they are trying to get full price where they can...

I have ordered the Aquatimer for myself from the vintage line. A little pricey but worth it IMO. Price is in the 7's. These watches are just beyond cool...

Can you please post pics here when you get the watch? I fell in love with it at one of my ADs and I'm trying to decide whether to jump on it or wait for more saved money for another OEM watch.

Cheers