When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question For DSN Owners

UncleJay

OK, sent all but one DSN watches back. Was in love with the dial, didn't care about the stripped lug screws and just used the spring bars it came with. Today I'm finally ready to start the CC Polishing and I notice the case, WTH? Is this normal for his cases? Check where the crown meets the case.

210.jpg

210b.jpg

210c.jpg

No.

Looks like maybe they started drilling/tapping the hole for the crown tube too large? Definitely not normal. Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear, since this was your one watch that you thought didn't have any QC issues...

Edited by peepshow

hard to tell from your picture UJ -- is there essentially a 'dent' or portion of the case carved out where the crown meets the case? :blink:

if so, i think you may have the worst luck ever with regard to receiving reps from DSN (especially given previous experience) :o i can't imagine that this is what his cases are supposed to look like....the only watch i've had from DSN was a 232 (which i eventually sold); it was in fine shape when i received it.

good luck getting this resolved :victory:

deltatahoe

What a shame, such a good looking watch. It sure looks like a gouge in the case, and though it is not to noticible, it should not

have been sent to you in that condition. It is really a battle with yourself to buy or not buy from Davidsen, because on one hand, it seems that the quality of his Panerai reps are the best available, if you are lucky and get one with no faults or glaring QC issues.

I have wanted to get a number of watches from him, and have only one, because of so many rerports of issues. It is almost not worth the anxiety of wondering if your purchase will be ok, and if it is not, going through the hoops and hassles of getting it right.

Davidsen has so many fundamental things wrong with his cases that I'm surprised anyone buys complete watches from him at all. The crown/stem positions are all too high in the cases but this one seems extreme even for him. It would appear that this particular c*ck-up happened prior to the PVD process so should have been rejected at that stage, unless he has touched it up with paint afterwards, which wouldn't surprise me with his sloppy workmanship.

These boards were originally set up to help people avoid being ripped off and we now have someone who rips members off 'big-time' and still so many people think he's great. WHY?

Sorry, but he just produces tripe and creates nothing but hassle.

I can understand how dealers keep sending crappy watches to their customers. That is the reason why i have not buy anymore watches since last year.

Dealers think that we are stupid and we will not noticed something like that. A chuck missing from the case.

Good luck with that. QC- BS there is no QC at all is about the money

Hmm I canceled my 177 due to crown dissatisfaction - however I thought that the PVD was fine.... just checked the pics and cleverly photographed to hid this... I wasn't even looking for this and the PVD helps the mystery but it is likely it will have this divot... Will see when it lands - not super happy tho...

wow Uncle, what the h*%^*&ck is that?

See the gen 113, it doesn't have that huge chunk out of the case...

wonder why you decided tokeep this one?

210cUJ.jpg

113gen.jpg

gen 113 ,pic from Timezone

Btw, I love the yellow dial , would look great with a TIcase