When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Moonwatch with date

FxrAndy

Just read about it in the new chronus, 44.25mm powered by a 3313 movement and now with a date, That is the one thing i realy miss on my rep speedmaster moon type is the date and the extra mm would be nice too. Enamel dial so they say.

moondate.jpg

Now i am not a subdial spacing expert so the question is could this be powered by a tricompas 7750 and keep the right spacings.

Interesting...

In some ways I find too close to the original Speedmaster, "messing with an icon". But then again it has been made a great number of variants on the Speedie over the years so this is not out of place.. A big watch, in line with the trend.

I think i would like one, not sure if it is an auto though, 3313 i am pretty sure can be an auto but it does not say it on the dial and that would be a big departure from the original, I cant find it on the omega site, and the closest case size is the legend with date @ 42mm using a 3301 auto

I think i would like one, not sure if it is an auto though, 3313 i am pretty sure can be an auto but it does not say it on the dial and that would be a big departure from the original, I cant find it on the omega site, and the closest case size is the legend with date @ 42mm using a 3301 auto

Hmmm, the c.3313 is an auto alright (used in Constellations), but a crappy one, and keeps the OSC's occupied as they are prone to unreliability.

Odd though that the promo shot shows the chrono secs as the running secs hand, and the subdials all zeroed. Hmmm.

Now i am not a subdial spacing expert so the question is could this be powered by a tricompas 7750 and keep the right spacings.

I don't believe so...I have a gen SMP chrono and the PO chrono rep, both using a 7750 and it pushes the dials to far out from the center....if you try to increase the radius of the subdials to give them the appearance of being closer togther, they start to impinge on the main dials minute markers... :mellow:

The 7750's chronos are a lot wider than this configuration.. ex. Have a look at a corum admiral's cup competition, a monster at 48mm. The running seconds are all closer to the edge than the center of the dial...In this "moonwatch", inspite of its smaller size it looks like it is squinting :p That should give You an indication.

Two notes:

one more iconic watch goes past the 40mm mark..sign'o times.

Enamel dial? Yuck..one thing I loved on the moonwatch is the velvet dial.

First the seadweller sees full plastic surgery and changes its name to hollywood stanards(deepsea), now the moonwatch goes on HGH and gets bottoxed..what is next? How about a daydate getting year-month-moonphase displays and 44mm bezel?

+1 Sacrilege for THE moon watch :icon_sadangel2:

This model was waited for a long long time from moon watch enthusiasm due to the fact that the original moon watch don't has a date fonctionality and for some it was a pre-require for a watch.

I own the see through case back double sapphire edition, and I can tell you this, if you are a PURIST, you will NOT be happy with this one, even if a date fonctionality is a must for you.

Still away from the original moon watch...there's one and only one moon watch, the acrylic glass, solid case back, without date. Sometime, I think I made a mistake when I bought mine :unsure: ... I don't regret it, but I know that mine is a "fantasy" model that come from the real one...very nice, but, still, not the original one.

Not sure how that makes it stupid........Its perfectly possible - running seconds hits 60 seconds, the chronograph seconds hand is making its first minute, therefore the minute tracker hasnt shifted.

hmmm.......

Pedant :p

Hardly normal configuration though is it with the chrono running. Gives a false impression of how the movement works. Some numpty will think it's a quartz and then take it back to the AD saying the 'second hand has stopped', hey it's moving in the pic on their website'. ^_^