When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New GMTII-C GEN or Rep?

jot9011

Member "Watcher" has removed and reinstalled cyclops on his reps, but I've heard it's extremely difficult to take off without damaging the crystal. Is the cyclops AR such a big deal, really?

The non-symmetric engraving gives it away immediately (if you know what to look). In my eyes, that's much bigger flaw.

Member "Watcher" has removed and reinstalled cyclops on his reps, but I've heard it's extremely difficult to take off without damaging the crystal. Is the cyclops AR such a big deal, really?

The non-symmetric engraving gives it away immediately (if you know what to look). In my eyes, that's much bigger flaw.

Yes it's difficult, but no damages on crystal guaranteed! ;)

BTW, does somebody know if AR is possible to make on a date lens (because the small size)? To take it off and glue it back on right position again is no problem... ;)

Ziggy has done this for me .. removing the cyclos and installing chieftangs cyclops .. it involves heating the mag to remove it .. then glueing it back on.. a lot of watchsmiths either don't know the method or have had bad experiences with it,.. that's why Ziggy is Ziggy :lol:

The Zigmeister has done this for me .. removing the cyclos and installing chieftangs cyclops .. it involves heating the mag to remove it .. then glueing it back on.. a lot of watchsmiths either don't know the method or have had bad experiences with it,.. that's why The Zigmeister is The Zigmeister :lol:

And Chief is AR-ing some PAM cyclops now...

youpmelone is correct, Rolex24h.com is a scam..... There was something about this in another GMTII thread. I suspect that the guy may also try to steal your banking info. Shoot him some emails from different addy's and see how many US account #'s he gives you with different names, probably stolen accounts that he's adding some $$ to before he pulls it all out. BAD NEWS