When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Travel

kuiksilver

Lads, Ladettes,

I'm in the EU and would like to know if you travel with your Rep within/outside EU.

My suspicions is that if you have a Rolly or Omega, customs might be more sensitive to check it rather than if you have a BR for example?!

Did they really check still?

Tell me your thoughts.

Cheers!

I've wore my Steelfish around Europe without an problems. I think the only time a prblem may arise is if you were to take 6/6 reps with you in your travel bag, and for that to get checked. If you have one on the wrist, you'll be fine!

Gen or rep, I never travel internationally with more than 2 watches (one on wrist) and it's never an issue. There's actually a funny comment in the midweek wrist check since the pic I took is in an airport...not sure if that was a serious comment or not though.

If you really are concerned about it than stick with one watch on the wrist. Everyone does what they are comfortable with. I always bring three with me on multi-day trips - one on the wrist and two in a nice leather carrier. In many years of travel I think I have actually had my luggage looked at briefly twice. And I received nice comments from both customs officers. It is all about presentation. :lol:

Gen or rep, I never travel internationally with more than 2 watches (one on wrist) and it's never an issue. There's actually a funny comment in the midweek wrist check since the pic I took is in an airport...not sure if that was a serious comment or not though.

... I posted the comment and I am quite serious.

I thought you couldn't get away with wearing one !

... I posted the comment and I am quite serious.

I thought you couldn't get away with wearing one !

I've traveled in EU and Asia with 1 on the wrist and 3 on my Laptop bag all the time! No Problems! Same here in the US!

I've gone with 2 (one on each wrist) and it's more quizzical looks going through customs and never any problems. One time it was interesting when one of the girls liked one of the watch and all the other girls came to look as they'd never seen it before!

Otherwise I have a bunch of straps (if I take a PAM) and a cheap Timex for jacuzzi/swimming pool/sauna. I don't take more than 2 because I'm worried of it going missing if it's in luggage! Worried enough with some of the straps going missing because I always need a choice!

One holiday, I only took 1 watch :o It was an Omega GMT though, and did the job it was designed for :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Im travelling from the US to Italy and Greece next month without one rep. To avoid custom worries, theft or damaged to a prize rep, gonna bring an Invicta and a gen Tissot.

If you bring more than one or two I would have customs confirm their arrival into the first country. I usually print out the watch details and serial numbers on a sheet of paper and have customs stamp it. It has saved me a couple of times. If I'm traveling with the little lady (Internationaly) I actually fill out Certificate of Personal Effects taken Abroad (Form 4457). It is a bit of a pain but better than a crazy tax bill for the combo of my watches and her ring. It is only needed in the total of all watches, jewelry and cash is more than the amount allowed into that country without declaration. All it takes is one over achiever in customs to mess up your day. I have actually only had an issue once, in Canada of all places, but it taught me to start using the form. It shuts them up in about 2 seconds flat.

I have traveled all over the world and usually have at least 2 if not 3 watches with me... I have never had a problem, except one time coming back from Hong Kong and going thru US customs at LAX I had an officer ask if I bought any fake watches in China and asked if the rollie I had on was purchased on my trip... luckilt my PT LV was used and I pointed that out..

I was a wee bit worried because I had a few spanking new reps in a suitcase from Nathan St dealers for friends...

so out of 60 trips only this one issue..

Mac

I'm sorry to High-Jack this thread, I'm traveling to the U.S. back again to college, I have 8 watches (7 reps here and one gen), I have bought a travel watch case for this purpose (and to store them here at home), you think I'll have problems if I take all of them all at once? Can anyone give me some info. Regarding this please? Thx!

I would not travel with that many watches, especially, if you are (or look like) a student. You are just begging for trouble. I would wear 1 (preferably, the gen) & ship the rest to yourself. Insure the package for a small amount, no more than $25 or $50 (total), since you are unlikely to get anything more than that if the package is lost & higher amounts tend to trigger postal inspectors' inspection reflex.

I would not travel with that many watches, especially, if you are (or look like) a student. You are just begging for trouble. I would wear 1 (preferably, the gen) & ship the rest to yourself. Insure the package for a small amount, no more than $25 or $50 (total), since you are unlikely to get anything more than that if the package is lost & higher amounts tend to trigger postal inspectors' inspection reflex.

Thanks for the advice mate! :)

Would you think traveling with one on my wrist and 3 on my watch travel case would work?

I was traveling from geneva to berlin, and custom took my watch from the wrist, that the story , now i will never travel with replicas

Oh, what went wrong? I read on the german customs website that you are officially tolerated to import one replica watch (value limit for that is 175€) personally when coming into country...

Edited by Fish