When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Titanic DNA now available

andreww

I know that a lot of guys didn't like this one, but I appreciate the historic relevance of this one, having been interested in the Titanic for the better part of my life. Josh has posted the rose gold version and a rather terrible tourbillon version, so hopefully the SS or "Rusty" version will be coming soon.

19.jpg

:nonono:

Appreciate this is a 'new rep' thread, but there must have been half a dozen threads over the last year or two about this abhorrent watch.

Gen or rep, I would not be seen dead wearing it (pun intended to illustrate my point). Proof positive that we live in an increasingly soulless society.

What? No special caseback with a Cousteau-esque little ship silhouette? Think of the creative possibilities. A jaunty little angle to the hull maybe? Offending iceberg in the background? Some peripheral bobbing 'heads' in the water even? A limited edition series of 1513 would be perfect. You could even give each one a name. Literally. The marketing boys must be kicking themselves.....

<_<

:nonono:

Appreciate this is a 'new rep' thread, but there must have been half a dozen threads over the last year or two about this abhorrent watch.

Gen or rep, I would not be seen dead wearing it (pun intended to illustrate my point). Proof positive that we live in an increasingly soulless society.

I understand your feelings on this DBR, but IMO the Titanic stands as much more than a monument to the lives lost. The Titanic is a symbol of man's mortality. Man was too cocky. Unsinkable they called it. The Titanic is a reminder that we are helpless against the forces of nature, and that we must never feel that we have become to superior to ignore those forces. That is a lesson that should never be forgotten.

I understand your feelings on this DBR, but IMO the Titanic stands as much more than a monument to the lives lost. The Titanic is a symbol of man's mortality. Man was too cocky. Unsinkable they called it. The Titanic is a reminder that we are helpless against the forces of nature, and that we must never feel that we have become to superior to ignore those forces. That is a lesson that should never be forgotten.

I acknowledge your take on it, and a very valid argument it is too. However, sadly it is not one shared by, or in any way reflective of the ethos behind the production of this watch. There's nothing noble or even poignant about it. Just a soulless marketing idea in extremely poor taste designed to cash in on consumers' morbid fascination with the subject.

I guess you won't be buying their new Hiroshima DNA watch then? :(

This is a case where I would rather have the rep than the gen. The gen contains materials obtained by desecrating a grave site. It is every bit as tasteless as the fictitious watch Andreww refers to above. The rep is a pretty watch with none of the objectionable material contained in the gen.

The gen contains materials obtained by desecrating a grave site.

Shhh. You're putting me off my Metta Catharina

Guilty people, please PM me with your now unwanted Metta straps.

(Oh, okay, nobody died on that ship, but it was worth a go. A lot of reindeers died I guess. Rudolph's Mum perhaps? PM me with your guilt wracked offers all the same)