When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying a Gen PO Chrono or Seamaster Chrono

M5Man

Im really torn on this one, but im going to buy a gen P/O or a Gen 2225.80 Seamaster chrono. Which one do you guys think is the better watch for long term collectability? I really love the Seamaster - it feels so heavy and nice on the wrist but I don't know if it's the more collectible of the two long term. Any input from the board would be greatly appreciated!

Seamaster Chrono = you are better off with the rep.

As for Omega PO Chrono.. Yes, go for this model. It has coaxial movement and to date, the movement has not been repped yet. Subdial spacing posses a challange to the repmakers too (I should say that it's close to impossible that this movement will be duplicated properly).

I would definitely go with the POC...it is a great watch and you can always change that bezel to orange or black...it is a solid piece. I would love to have one as I think they are gorgeous.

I have a gen Seamaster in Ti and a rep PO chrono. I wear the rep more as it's just a visually more impressive watch (even if it is hilariously inaccurate).

Bernardwatch.com has a couple of gently used ones on his site for about 3,500 w/ box/papers /warranty.

post-12933-1213042367_thumb.jpg

Edited by asiparks