When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MidWeek Wrist Check

By-Tor

Got this last night from ZTECH! He said it came from Silix with Asian 6497.........., well I opened the watch and found the following:

The watch have no rubber o-ring on the caseback and the crown o-ring was very dry!

I put a new O-ring in and greased it and the crown.......but the biggest surprise of all????????

The movement was Swiss 6497. I can't believe it at first, so I opened my PAM036 with Swiss in it, and lo and behold......

it's exactly the same! Z! If you're reading this, thanks Bro! I guess Silix gave us a free upgrade!

Water Test came out to 10ATM! I will be swimming with this beauty!!! Here you go!

Pam113I.jpg

Put a BOB Shark on it for the swimming!

Pam113J.jpg

Hike,

Wow! That's great. It actually came from Ruby and I had no idea that it was Swiss movement. Well, honestly, I wouldn't know the difference if it came and hit me on the head with a bat, but I'm glad she's in good hands now. Oh and your picture taking skills are making me regret the sale! :( Enjoy her my friend.

z

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That 1665 is bad a..

My mind is wrought with vintage fever; or is it RDD.

Have you done anything to change the date font or the crystal?

Vly,

Nope, stock datewheel. A Watchmeisters overlay wouldn't fit -not enough clearance.

This is a Gen tropic 116 crystal and I'm not 100% sure why the mag is off and seems greater than 2.5x. I think the crystal sits at a different height on the rep compared to a gen case, which is changing the magnification.

Vintage!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: