When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT II Ceramic ETA from Josh

Master Chief

Just received mine today from Andrew-Asian version. 0ne week from order to receipt in US Midwest! Beautiful watch, great service from Andrew and a terrific value. I can't wait to show my watch repair guy and get his opinion, especially on the movement.

I'd be interested to read his impressions.

Have they solved the rehaut issues from past rolexes or does it look conical.

I believe the GMTIIc comes from the Noob factory. Rolexes from that factory have never been conical. The rehaut on this rep is excellent (including the thickness). The only thing that they screwed up is the non-symmetric rehaut engraving.

I believe the GMTIIc comes from the Noob factory. Rolexes from that factory have never been conical. The rehaut on this rep is excellent (including the thickness). The only thing that they screwed up is the non-symmetric rehaut engraving.

Besides the wrong hand stack you mean? I have (as you have By-Tor) a correct hand stack previous version GMT and the stack position of the hands has always been a highly disturbing fake screamer for me... As others say everyone of us has his own problems with replicas... :animal_rooster: Well I really can't stand wrong hand stacks and hour hands passing above GMT hands! :bangin:

Besides the wrong hand stack you mean? I have (as you have By-Tor) a correct hand stack previous version GMT and the stack position of the hands has always been a highly disturbing fake screamer for me... As others say everyone of us has his own problems with replicas... :animal_rooster: Well I really can't stand wrong hand stacks and hour hands passing above GMT hands! :bangin:

Personally, for me I would rather have the wrong hand stack and a watch that works vs a watch that is likely to implode -probably at the most inopportune time - talk about screaming fake! From what I have read on the boards if you have the correct hand stack it is only a matter of time...

As far as wearing a watch with the hour hand passing above the GMT hand - it only happens once in a 24hr period! - Set the watch so that it happens at 3 in the morning- nobody will ever see it take place and if they are awake at that time in the morning it's likey they would be to wasted to tell anyway :victory:

If you have eyes that can tell the order of a hand stack by looking at someones watch on their wrist - you might want to pursue that job with the circus as "Lazer eye man" right next to the guy who reads minds :)

Edited by jake48

Personally, for me I would rather have the wrong hand stack and a watch that works vs a watch that is likely to implode -probably at the most inopportune time - talk about screaming fake! From what I have read on the boards if you have the correct hand stack it is only a matter of time...

As far as wearing a watch with the hour hand passing above the GMT hand - it only happens once in a 24hr period! - Set the watch so that it happens at 3 in the morning- nobody will ever see it take place and if they are awake at that time in the morning it's likey they would be to wasted to tell anyway :victory:

If you have eyes that can tell the order of a hand stack by looking at someones watch on their wrist - you might want to pursue that job with the circus as "Lazer eye man" right next to the guy who reads minds :)

I can assure you that no laser eye is needed: the stack is very visible indeed for who knows the issue of course (read: all GMT II, gen or fake owners :rolleyes: ). I do not believe we should trick anybody... it is only a matter of how you personally feel your watch, and what you can or can not stand. I think I do not deserve a "circus" status for this :thumbdown:

More, I can personally witness here that my correct hand stack GMT is my daily beater since 2005: I wish it a LOOOONG life despite your kind post :clapping:

Personally, for 350-400$ I would buy only a CHS, and if they don't have it right now I can wait, and if they don't have it in the future I can stay with the other reps I own.

Probably, most people don't notice and don't know what is correct or wrong HS, but I would not buy a watch with such a substantial flaw when I know that there is a correct one. About the issues with the movement I am sure that a good watchsmith can fix it to be long lasting.