When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Special Thanks To All

UncleJay

I've been here steadily for a while now and have to admit I'm very surprised. The level of knowledge here is staggering. As I said in a prior post, you guys know you watches from the inside out. I've learned so much in such a short time and from so many, it's no wonder I've yet to see a question unanswered. I'm impressed by everyone's passion for the hobby and how infectious your spirit is. I've been humbled by some of the finest collections of rep, gen, and Franken watches assembled anywhere. But it hasn't been all mechanics and eye candy.

I've made some friends here as well. I regularly speak to several members and have even met a few. Now, I know that we don't always see eye to eye, but that all part of the fun. Many of you (and you know who you are, and if you're thinking ... he means me...I do!) have made me feel welcome and warm and fuzzy all over, so a VERY SPECIAL thanks to you all. This is a special place and should always be just that ... special. I was lucky enough to come in during the POTR auctions, and I was honored to lend a hand. I feel that it was part of my attraction to this site, the bond of the members.

Well, I've rambled enough. I just wanted to share some thoughts and give a big THANKS to everyone who's given me the pleasure of their company or conversation, or the honor of their knowledge, business, and friendship. I'll just keep trying to bring as much as I can to the table and contribute anything I can. Thanks again everyone.

I don't know if this belongs here, so Mods feel free to move it if necessary.

Jay:

We are truly glad that you've become a member of our little community...

You not only have a wealth of knowledge, but your level of participation adds in ways that can't be quantified...

Thanks!

Double T

:) Kind words TX2. All this because I googled the words "End Of Days Replica" and got a link for one of the great reviews here.

Jay:

We are truly glad that you've become a member of our little community...

You not only have a wealth of knowledge, but your level of participation adds in ways that can't be quantified...

Thanks!

Double T

I agree UJ, glad you are part of the community and have enjoyed your participation immensely

You've got me looking around at 195's Unc, and I came across this thread in the process.

I have met some great and unique people here (including you UJ). This forum has a soul about it like no other I've been a part of.

Its been a pleasure meeting all of you, and I only wish I'd have found this place sooner. :drinks:

Guest porsche356a
It's great to have you here (as well) UncleJay! A true watchlover with admiration and pashion for mechanical wristwatches is always more than welcome... especially if he/she becomes a contributing member of our little community :tu:

Agreed. :bye1:

UncleJay,

I really wished to have to hope to meet you had I known about the Tri-State GTG. Though I'm no longer living in Manhattan, I am still considered part of the "Tri-State" (well, according those dealerships in Englewood). I'm sure you and the others who have attended would have been a lively bunch to be around. And according to the now ancient GTG you went to on TZ, you would have been entertaining.

I keep on laughing to myself when I see the caption of that GTG reading, "My offshore is THAT big!"

Thanks V, I've learned quite a bit from you. It's been an honor.

It's not just the participation but the positive participation. Your enthusiasm is infectious and your whole attitude towards the hobby gracious...the way it should be. It's nice to be reminded of the passion that is at the heart of the hobby and your posts do that.

It's also nice to see the really rare items side by side with the rep stuff too. :)

Yes this is a great place, we are a great people, and this why this is the right place for a great guy like you. :D