When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JayTech II Test

UncleJay

I had a little (very little) time to play with one of my projects. This one represents the first watch I build myself, so no jokes about my sloppy jobplease. The hands aren't quite sitting correctly and there are smudges on the inside of the crystal, but this is just a test fit. My first JAYTECH was the same but a Marina. Hope you enjoy the pics, let me know what you think.

Case/Case Back/CG: Gen A series

Hands: Gen Proto

Dial: Gen C series Tobacco Base

Movement: Gen Unitas Base

1-6.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-6.jpg

4-5.jpg

5-4.jpg

6-3.jpg

7-2.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

WOW Jay.. :drool: You have the coolest stuff laying around!

I will cry myself to sleep tonight. :mellow:

I wonder how it would look like if you use a fat hour hand. Like the one on the mini fiddy. Wouldn't be gen though. But then again who knows what you will find when you dig deep enough in the 'Panerai stuff' drawer.. :D

Same again - the watch looks awesome, but gold & tobacco don't do it for me. Black hands are tried and tested - they look great, but have you got any silver hands to try? They could look really nice, and they'll keep the distinctive appearance you're going for.

Looks very nice Uncle. Great job putting that one together. You have come a long way in a hurry. Just a few weeks ago you were asking how to remove case clamps, and now you have assembled this beauty like a professional watchmaker. Great work my man.

I am in love with that dial.

It gets my vote. I like it a lot! (and I suppose you would expect it, Jay). :)

It looks as we think together. By coincidence, I was just preparing to post pics of my Surftech 003, that also comes with brown sandwich dial (aged bronze rather than tobacco, though) and gold hands...

It gets my vote. I like it a lot! (and I suppose you would expect it, Jay). :)

It looks as we think together. By coincidence, I was just preparing to post pics of my Surftech 003, that also comes with brown sandwich dial (aged bronze rather than tobacco, though) and gold hands...

I really don't expect it, tastes do vary. I'm getting good feedback and input. We must think alike :D , here's a set of brass hands from JAYTECH I.

BHS1.jpg

Guest porsche356a
thas funny....

uncle surf.........uncle jay...........uncle rolli.......

and surftech............jaytech..............rollitech............hahahahahaha......

great............we are really a community........LOL

rolli

Agreed, this is an awesome community, and there is a camaraderie here that I cant see in other forums. to quote UJ,

"One Community, One Passion ............... [WATCHES!] :bye1: "

Thanks for all the feedback guys, lots of great ideas. I know some weren't crazy about the gold hands, what about blue? <_< I have a question for the lume experts. I can't figure if the gold hands are luminova or tritium. They don't light as much as the dial, but I can't tell. What do the experts think?

jt4.jpg

jt2.jpg

jt1.jpg

jt3.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback guys, lots of great ideas. I know some weren't crazy about the gold hands, what about blue? <_< I have a question for the lume experts. I can't figure if the gold hands are luminova or tritium. They don't light as much as the dial, but I can't tell. What do the experts think?

The lastest pics look excellent, congrats on the results. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Tritech Super Luminova glows once charged. When in the dark the strength of the lume dies down significantly say the first 1/2 hour, and reduces to almost no lume power in a peroid of about 5 hours. The longevity of the SL properties is said to be permanent.

Tritium is lightly radio active and does not need a source of light to enable it to emit light. So if you would like to test if your hands have been tritium lumed, store the watch in the dark and check out the lume in say 12 hours or much longer, if the hands are glowing and the dial is dead, then your hands are highly likely tritium. Tritium has a radioactive half life of 12,5 year, so in other words its radioactive properties halven in a period of 12,5 years.

Further more you should beware with touching tritium objects/dials/hands or inhaling tritium dust particles, doing so could be hazardous for your health.