When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Heritage Brown Dial with Kona Beans

lanikai

thanks A and Ham .... sorry to hear you cannot be addicted like the rest A.. save more coins for the addiction.. coffee is ridicu l o u s .. in price now so you're not missing out on much..

Ham I am diggin your new avatar.. the other one kinda got me nervous..... like looking at someone with too much thorazine and prozac.. never know what their capable of.. this is more relaxing :huh:

thanks mj .... we used to drink homemade Lilkoi (passion fruit) juice as kids.. when the fruit was plentiful alongside the roadside .. no more ... that was sooooo delicious .... Wailua Bakery still has the best pastry .. in the middle of pineapple fields no less.. that will dissapear soon too.. better make Hawaii your second home already ;)

We were just on the Kona side late march / early april. We didn't find any lilikoi on the side of the road, but we did pull over and chop some sugar cane to chew on for awhile.

There is a restaurant in Hawi called Bamboo that claims to be the largest consumer of lilikoi in the state. They have a chicken cordon bleu with a lilikoi sauce that uses kalua pig instead of ham that is outstanding. They also have lilikoi margaritas that are delicious!! They have live local traditional music on fri and sat nights. It's kind of pricey, but well worth it. Neat story about the building too. It used to be, among other things, a brothel during Hawi's sugar producing days.

We'd love to make it our first home, but I can't seem to convince my bosses to let me work remotely (sonsabitches!!). The thing that really sucks is that my brother that lived in Hawi just moved back to Colorado last week. No more free room and board. :cry:

We were just on the Kona side late march / early april. We didn't find any lilikoi on the side of the road, but we did pull over and chop some sugar cane to chew on for awhile.

There is a restaurant in Hawi called Bamboo that claims to be the largest consumer of lilikoi in the state. They have a chicken cordon bleu with a lilikoi sauce that uses kalua pig instead of ham that is outstanding. They also have lilikoi margaritas that are delicious!! They have live local traditional music on fri and sat nights. It's kind of pricey, but well worth it. Neat story about the building too. It used to be, among other things, a brothel during Hawi's sugar producing days.

We'd love to make it our first home, but I can't seem to convince my bosses to let me work remotely (sonsabitches!!). The thing that really sucks is that my brother that lived in Hawi just moved back to Colorado last week. No more free room and board. :cry:

New studies have found that the chemicals they use in the cane.. now make you impotent ... takes effect after 1 year.. :o .. not really.. it used to be our candy when we were hanabada day's.. ask Ham what that means.... the adults would slice it in sticks and then freeze it and that was our candy...

you can make kalua pig in the oven.. using liquid smoke.. I'll get a recipe for ya...pork butt is all you need..

thanks A and Ham .... sorry to hear you cannot be addicted like the rest A.. save more coins for the addiction.. coffee is ridicu l o u s .. in price now so you're not missing out on much..

Ham I am diggin your new avatar.. the other one kinda got me nervous..... like looking at someone with too much thorazine and prozac.. never know what their capable of.. this is more relaxing :huh:

Glad you like it, kind of an eyeful as it were...

BTW...."hanabada" = boogers

I'm leaning on keeping the Blue dial .. since I have browns in the IWC's enough.. who knows once I start all Hell might break loose and I may start liquidating ma cases... sheesh then I can really go nuts with the genuine parts for my vintage projects..

The day you open your watch case up in the for sales, I will be scrambling to the front of the que ^_^

*Whispers*

"Just give me a heads up first" :p

About diggin the Nikon... YA THINK ??? :g: .. with all the tropical baeches you think it would be a no brainer to get shots next to the ocean.. with the thongs walking around.... ya think people will believe me when I tell them I'm just shooting pics of my watch :whistling:

HAH.

Stop using your yoga mat as a prop and get that camera into the yoga class to ummmm...take wrist-shots...yeah...lots of wrist shots.

About diggin the Nikon... YA THINK ??? :g: .. with all the tropical baeches you think it would be a no brainer to get shots next to the ocean.. with the thongs walking around.... ya think people will believe me when I tell them I'm just shooting pics of my watch :whistling:

I yet have to see the pictures! When is that going to happen, brah? Post them already!!!!

New studies have found that the chemicals they use in the cane.. now make you impotent ... takes effect after 1 year.. :o .. not really..

Well that explains a lot...must have been the sugar cane I ate last year... :shock: (not really)

you can make kalua pig in the oven.. using liquid smoke.. I'll get a recipe for ya...pork butt is all you need..

Thanks for the offer, but not needed. We have it about once a month, except we cook it in a slow cooker. I even have a online source to order poi!!

Interesting side note - My brother used to be one of the front desk managers at the Waikoloa Marriott (old Outrigger) on A-Bay. He became friends with the guy who prepared the food for the luau they had at the hotel twice a week. The guests think the pig they are eating is from the pig they see being pulled out of the imu. It might be, but that pig doesn't produce enough for everybody, so they also prepare additional pig in their ovens.

And if you are ever in the Waimea/Kamuela area on da big island, the guy who did the luaus owns a restaurant called Hawaiian Style Cafe that is excellent. It's a local favorite. TONS of great food for little money!! But bring your appetite!!