When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Heritage Brown Dial with Kona Beans

lanikai

Offering for viewing: Pics of the Breitling Heritage with one of my favourite Brews.. no not Beer... Coffee Beans ....

The Brown dial is so rich and deep in colour I thought it apropos to shoot some pics with the deep colour and oils of the Kona Bean

Hope you enjoy the view..

dsc0001yd6.jpg

csc0028pb4.jpg

csc0012et9.jpg

csc0016zy5.jpg

dsc0013ig3.jpg

dsc0025uu7.jpg

Javalicious!

I can almost smell the coffee brewing, I love it too - in the morning, it's my companion while I browse the forums.

rek001 Posted Today, 04:21 PM

Javalicious!

I can almost smell the coffee brewing, I love it too - in the morning, it's my companion while I browse the forums

I just busted open this bag so the aroma was distracting.. definately Coffee and RWG .. great way to start the morning !!... I chew on a few beans .. it is a super caffine rush .. just a fiew beans and yeowWW :rolleyes:

thanks Samu .... only problem with the brown dial is I start thinking too much of Chocolates... :lol:

Wow, chewing on beans, is that how you get your fiber for the day?

I buy a pound of Viennese roast (lightest of the dark roasts) from a ma & pa coffee & tea shop up the street from me once a week, as soon as they see me walking toward the store they get the beans and start grinding, I'm too rushed in the morning to fresh grind. hey told me I wouldn't like hawaiian coffee, way different taste than what I drink.

I use a Krups drip maker, the coffe is sooo smooth, rich and strong.

BTW, gorgeous pix, mai ka i! (What my uke teacher sez when we play good).

Wow, chewing on beans, is that how you get your fiber for the day?

I buy a pound of Viennese roast (lightest of the dark roasts) from a ma & pa coffee & tea shop up the street from me once a week, as soon as they see me walking toward the store they get the beans and start grinding, I'm too rushed in the morning to fresh grind. hey told me I wouldn't like hawaiian coffee, way different taste than what I drink.

I use a Krups drip maker, the coffe is sooo smooth, rich and strong.

BTW, gorgeous pix, mai ka i! (What my uke teacher sez when we play good).

Off topic but I started it :rolleyes: .... I like the darker roast Kona... if you ever get to try "Jamaica Blue Mountain" very small amount released to the public .. it's the official coffee of the "White House" 60 usd a pound.. very nice.. light but very flavourful..

Mai ka i .. means "Good" .. i think I have one more CD from the late .. Bruddah IZ Kamakawiwaole.. if I can find it . it's yours.. his Falseto voice and ukulele are euphoric.. "Over the Rainbow" .. his rendition that is used by a couple of Movie Hits..

thank you for the kind words..

Bruddah Iz...amazing man, both in talent in what he tried to do for his people.

A partial playlist of songs my teacher (hawaiian born but now living in US) has taught us (there's 5 of us):

Island Style

Ka Na'i Aupuni

Queen's Lullaby/He 'Ala Nei E Mapu Mai Nei

KHBC

Kaimana Hila/Kapiolani Paka

Koali/Kipahulu

Henehene Kou Aka

Green Rose Hula

Ulupalakua

and about another 150 songs. We've had to memorize hawaiian lyrics to about 20 songs, the basis for our kanikapila set.

Also she made us learn the ancient chants, oli, ask the ancestors for permission to perform the music.

Anyway I've been learning from her for 5 years, demanding teacher, old school hawaiian, "you must follow the path, learn by watching and listening" but she is phenomenal musician. It has enriched my life so much...hard to express.

She's also a kumu hula, we play for the dancers during performances, she insists on live music.

Thanks so much for your offer, if you find the CD I'd be most honored to receive it from you.

I'll PM you my deets.

Those are all very traditional "never will die" mele's ,..good you are learning.. in the "Old Hawaiin Style" .... one of my favorites from Bruddah Iz ... "Kamalani".. it happens to be my Brothers name also...the limu Kohu mele.. is one of my all time favs too..

My Brother did work .. Hooponopono with A Kahuna Lapa au .. healer .. with the Native American Tribes .. very spirtual..and metaphysical

anyway ... wayyyyy off topic here so .. better save this for another thread..

Aloha Ke Akua

R

Wonderfull pictures Lani - should be in a Breitling ad! Kona makes me want to visit Hawaii again, one of the greatest places I have seen. :rolleyes:

Lanikai, you are right, nothing like a cup of Kona coffee in the morning while listening to Izzzz's "over the rainbow" ;) I also want to try "replicate" loco moco for my morning snack ^_^ liked it so much. Btw, have you been to hamura saimin stand in Kauai? that place rocks!!!! damn, all this food talk...i am SO hungry now!!!

btw, im running out of my Kona!!!!! need to get more somehow ..

Edited by mil_sub

Lanikai, you are right, nothing like a cup of Kona coffee in the morning while listening to Izzzz's "over the rainbow" ;) I also want to try "replicate" loco moco for my morning snack ^_^ liked it so much. Btw, have you been to hamura saimin stand in Kauai? that place rocks!!!! damn, all this food talk...i am SO hungry now!!!

btw, im running out of my Kona!!!!! need to get more somehow ..

I think Hawaii has the most ethinc foods per capita... walk down one block and you have Sergio's.. (from Sicily) he cooks himself... 4 stars... to vietnamese.. Hawaiin... Chinese.. Japanese.. Greek ....

I buy the Kona only on sale .. 18 usd a pound .. otherwise it's 25 usd a pound .. how much do you pay ??? I just bought 3 lbs. .. I'll pm you lata...

@Mickey,... the asian eta is actually running spot on since last week on the Blue dial.. need to see the Brown after a week on the winder .. I'll let you know buddy !!.. it wears "BIG" due to the crystal size..

Toadtorrent Posted Today, 03:06 AM

Very nice pics Lani. It's always a challenge finding a good theme for a pic, and you got a good one here.

You're diggin' that new DSLR aren't you?

About diggin the Nikon... YA THINK ??? :g: .. with all the tropical baeches you think it would be a no brainer to get shots next to the ocean.. with the thongs walking around.... ya think people will believe me when I tell them I'm just shooting pics of my watch :whistling:

@TMG>. thanks S. .... 1655 truding along... got the second hands coming in this week .. vlydog may need an assist with them .. so I reordered.. he can have the first one for his upcoming appointment..

@surpur... We're nice to visit.. but people usually freak out when they learn the cost of living here..

Very nice pix Lani.

My favorite brew also comes from that region...Kona brewing Wailua Wheat. It's brewed with passion fruit. It used to be that the only place you could get that particular flavor was at the brewery. Imagine my delight when I found it at my local Liquor store in Colorado last month!! $24 a case...I'd pay double that!!

Morning Lanikai, you are up early today, must be all the coffee! ^_^

Thanks for considering a deal, sounds good to me! B)

:o .... what deal ... :bicycle: .. let's see... which onnneee ... btw I've been "up" since 12 am Hawaii time.. it is now 8:48 am .. my afternoon

mjmurphy926 Posted Today, 08:30 AM

Very nice pix Lani.

My favorite brew also comes from that region...Kona brewing Wailua Wheat. It's brewed with passion fruit. It used to be that the only place you could get that particular flavor was at the brewery. Imagine my delight when I found it at my local Liquor store in Colorado last month!! $24 a case...I'd pay double that!!

thanks mj .... we used to drink homemade Lilkoi (passion fruit) juice as kids.. when the fruit was plentiful alongside the roadside .. no more ... that was sooooo delicious .... Wailua Bakery still has the best pastry .. in the middle of pineapple fields no less.. that will dissapear soon too.. better make Hawaii your second home already ;)

:o .... what deal ... :bicycle: .. let's see... which onnneee ... btw I've been "up" since 12 am Hawaii time.. it is now 8:48 am .. my afternoon

My bad, I know you hate parting with your watches! ^_^

I'll let you know buddy !!.. it wears "BIG" due to the crystal size..

I just thought I saw a little glimmer there :p

My bad, I know you hate parting with your watches! ^_^

I just thought I saw a little glimmer there :p

I'm leaning on keeping the Blue dial .. since I have browns in the IWC's enough.. who knows once I start all Hell might break loose and I may start liquidating ma cases... sheesh then I can really go nuts with the genuine parts for my vintage projects..