When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Reps that are either Swiss ETA 2836-2 or Swiss ETA 2824-2

neozzr

Anyone know any Super Reps that are either Swiss ETA 2836-2 or Swiss ETA 2824-2...

besides sfso and UPO??

got an asian movement 7750 and it kinda screwed up on me... So this time I think I only want SWISS ETA...

According to many senior members there are no true Swiss movements available with CN rep watches. Your best bet is to get a rep with a good CN clone of a Swiss movement...

Day by day I believe them more and more.

Athan

Anyone know any Super Reps that are either Swiss ETA 2836-2 or Swiss ETA 2824-2...

besides sfso and UPO??

got an asian movement 7750 and it kinda screwed up on me... So this time I think I only want SWISS ETA...

SSD (Rolex Super Sea Dweller ver 2)

According to many senior members there are no true Swiss movements available with CN rep watches.

Day by day I believe them more and more.

Athan

False.

All rep watch sold with a Swiss mvt are genuine Swiss mvt NOT a Clone mvt. If you pay to have Swiss 2824-2, you will receive a gen Swiss mvt (well some had bad experience and receive Clone, but that is another thing). If you ask to receive a Clone 2824-2 you will pay for a Clone (that is less about $90 to $100).

False.

All rep watch sold with a Swiss mvt are genuine Swiss mvt NOT a Clone mvt. If you pay to have Swiss 2824-2, you will receive a gen Swiss mvt (well some had bad experience and receive Clone, but that is another thing). If you ask to receive a Clone 2824-2 you will pay for a Clone (that is less about $90 to $100).

Maybe True though =@

Do you honestly believe that the Chinese rep factories actually import gen ETA movements from Switzerland, in order to put them inside replicated swiss watches?

I don't.

And how would the gen Swiss watch manufacturers, like Omega, would react to that?

These could be some informative threads:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry465835

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...e+eta+movements

The Zigmeister confirmed that the swiss eta movements were in fact genuine swiss eta movements. He's the guy who's torn down more than a few hundred of these things.

The Zigmeister just put the last nail in the coffin of my SUPER SEA DWELLER VERSION TWO "SWISS" ETA.

I would love to see what you are talking about. Here is what I am talking about: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=478633 - that is a 2836-2 and the tell that The Zigmeister SPECIFICALLY points to (the KIF spring) is WRONG on my SSD just like it is on the movement in that thread (which was sold as an Asian by the way).

I don't see The Zigmeister saying that all movements sold as Swiss ETA are in fact Swiss ETA. Am I misunderstanding your post?

Just to be clear - my SSD VERSION 2 shows ALL of the tells listed by BOTH EuroTimez AND The Zigmeister in the post above. At this point is it HIGHLY unlikely that it is a Swiss movement (which I paid for and which was advertised).

False.

THIS post I REALLY don't understand.

Let me paraphrase: All movements advertised as Swiss are Swiss... unless they are not Swiss.

Am I going crazy?

What's up with you guys?

Swiss- Smissh

I have a 2824-2 eta movement in my PPN. The Zigmeister affirms that it is a true eta.

Since servicing I have a power reserve of up to SIXTY hours. I take it off 9:00pm Friday night, and on Monday morning it is still running.

Doesn't miss a beat.

Perhaps it is a TW eta, not SWISSMH, but who cares?

Get over the Swiss/Asian thing. ETA is ETA - not 21J Asian thing.

That being said, if I were to purchase a new CN watch and it could be serviced with 21J Asian, who is to say that it wouldn't work just as reliably?

Servicing your favorites only makes sense. ETA or 21J Asian.

What's up with you guys?

Swiss- Smissh

I have a 2824-2 eta movement in my PPN. The Zigmeister affirms that it is a true eta.

Since servicing I have a power reserve of up to SIXTY hours. I take it off 9:00pm Friday night, and on Monday morning it is still running.

Doesn't miss a beat.

Perhaps it is a TW eta, not SWISSMH, but who cares?

Get over the Swiss/Asian thing. ETA is ETA - not 21J Asian thing.

That being said, if I were to purchase a new CN watch and it could be serviced with 21J Asian, who is to say that it wouldn't work just as reliably?

Servicing your favorites only makes sense. ETA or 21J Asian.

I care - I paid for a "Swiss" ETA - The Zigmeister himself said the following speaking of a clone ETA 2836-2 in a GMT-Master II, YESTERDAY:

I have had a few of these in for servicing, they are not the best and I have had problems getting them to run well after servicing. Never ever had any problems with an ETA following servicing.

Trying to get the beat and rate adjusted was a frustrating experience when it should be simple.

Maybe I just had a few lemons of these new copy models, or maybe they are simply lemons...

My experience has not been good.

RG

Swiss mean made in Swiss, but might still be assembled in China. In other word, they are better made, but doesn't mean it's not dirty or unoiled since it's still a Chinese in a small dusty place that makes the watch.

Any movement, if serviced, could be as good as "genuine swiss". (if not modified)

Btw, I have many Asian 7750 and they all run perfect.

I always understood the swiss eta in a rep to mean the movement is made in and ETA factory in Asia, i have neve had false hops of my movement being made in the land of swiss chease then shipped to Asia, and assembled in a rep,

And if i want an ETA movement these days i will ask Chris @ eurotimez to get me one, These movement would have been bought enmasse by large makers with names like invicta and sandoz from the Asia ETA factorys, and a small percentage will be sold off by them or a dodgy supply house, in to the rep world.

If i want a gen SWISS movement i will drive there and get one

Maybe True though =@

Do you honestly believe that the Chinese rep factories actually import gen ETA movements from Switzerland, in order to put them inside replicated swiss watches?

I don't.

And how would the gen Swiss watch manufacturers, like Omega, would react to that?

These could be some informative threads:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry465835

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...e+eta+movements

Base on some observation by The Zigmeister, yes, they are Swiss ETA, some are NOS, some are old and rusted, but they are.

False.

I wonder if you can just swap a 2824-2 GEN for a Asian REP of the same movement. I mean if I spent $600 on a high end rep, I'd like a swiss movt in it. I just bought a Bulova BNIB from ebay with a gen 2824-2 in it for $135. Mostly bought it to use the movement one day.

Base on some observation by The Zigmeister, yes, they are Swiss ETA, some are NOS, some are old and rusted, but they are.

He has also clearly stated that fake or clone ETA's exist. SOME are NOS, old, or rusted, and SOME are fakes. So not ALL "Swiss ETA's" are Swiss ETA's.

...So not ALL "Swiss ETA's" are Swiss ETA's.

It's pretty clear on Pure Time site for exemple when you buy. You can choose between a Asian Clone 2824-2 or a Swiss ETA 2824-2. If you choose a Swiss ETA, now you can receive a NEW mvt, or a NOS mvt, or a OLD mvt (rusted), Swiss mvt can be as well a bunch of mix of GEN part and Rep part too. That was my comprehension of things. Are you with me on that John?

It's pretty clear on Pure Time site for exemple when you buy. You can choose between a Asian Clone 2824-2 or a Swiss ETA 2824-2. If you choose a Swiss ETA, now you can receive a NEW mvt, or a NOS mvt, or a OLD mvt (rusted), Swiss mvt can be as well a bunch of mix of GEN part and Rep part too. That was my comprehension of things. Are you with me on that John?

More or less. I don't have personal knowledge of Pure Time - I was speaking generically - with most dealers now it seems you are not sure WHAT you are going to get. If it says Swiss ETA in the ad you may or may not get a genuine ETA. It might be a clone. It might be real. You don't know until you get it and, as The Zigmeister and Freddy say, have it taken apart for servicing. That is, according to them, the only way to know for sure.

I have received one watch that was a gen ETA and another that there is some doubt about. My watch maker says it is gen - but he hasn't disassembled it. According to EuroTimez's posts, it looks like it might be fake. At this point I just don't know.

The thing is, that there is very little certainty anymore on this question unless perhaps you buy from someone like EuroTimez who guarantees the authenticity of his movements and checks them all before shipping.

I mentioned the problems with dealers switching movements a few months ago. Since then there have been a few raids and it has only gotten worse. Some of them are even recylcing old movements. Fortunately it's in the mainstream now and they'll have to step up now and be more forthcoming.

This has been discussed a lot and as far as I know what we call Swiss ETA doesn’t necessarily means that are made in Switzerland; however they are in fact made by ETA than has or at least had factories in Asia. So swiss eta or swiss made = ETA Made, and there is also asian clones of the ETA movements than have smaller differences between the ETA made ones, those one has been told to us by Chris (eurotimez) and The Zigmeister, so far the feedback of those movements appears to be not so good, therefore I wouldn’t dare to recommend the asian ETA clone

Also there are some of the trusted collectors than have advertised his movements as swiss ETA and send clone etas.

Do you honestly believe that the Chinese rep factories actually import gen ETA movements from Switzerland, in order to put them inside replicated swiss watches?Do you honestly believe that the Chinese rep factories actually import gen ETA movements from Switzerland, in order to put them inside replicated swiss watches?

I don't.

And also want to add that the swatch group than owns omega and several other brands owns ETA and yet they sell movements to Chinese factories.

Edited by emuozz

I thought this thread was supposed to be about Super Reps :huh: ??

I don't know what exactly constitutes "Super", but these have 2824 or 2836 and are very good:

- SuperSeaDweller v2

- Omega Railmaster

- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak (39mm,new version)

- VC Overseas

- Ultimate Planet Ocean

Edited by swissaddict