When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Skyland ?

rogerwine

No teaser prototype pics? I discussed this with Angus way back last year when I came *this* close to buying the Blacksteel gen. About 8-9 months is about the norm for production development now it seems. Can't wait for this one, either model. Even if I have my Grail watch (1st factory Chrono Avenger franken).

with 8-9 months... they should be able to release a model that has at least one or two glaring flaws!!!

I'm going to bet that the date font and the sub dials are incorrect!

i'm hoping that with the improvement on the bce v3 datewheel, we should see a good font on the skyland,

they only things that will suck will be the lume and ar, both are fixable

of course thepvd on the blacksteel, will be nothing lke the gen, so i'll stay away from that

ss should be a good buy though

i figure about the $400 mark?

i'm hoping that with the improvement on the bce v3 datewheel, we should see a good font on the skyland,

they only things that will suck will be the lume and ar, both are fixable

of course thepvd on the blacksteel, will be nothing lke the gen, so i'll stay away from that

ss should be a good buy though

i figure about the $400 mark?

Well I spoke to Angus this week about this - he has no update on the SS but asked me again about the Black Steel. So happily I reiterated the exact specs for the process used in the gen (it's a PVD-type titanium-carbon nitride-based process, not an 'epidermal' coating, actually goes deeper into the metal). Not that difficult or expensive to reproduce either I'm told and gives a very nice gunmetal effect, not at all 'black' like the PVD we're used to seeing.

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, but judging by the prices of the Cartel's latest releases, I think I'm going to be waiting a lot longer :(

I hope your wrong, I really do. The best Breitling Evo is about $330 delivered, so if they try to be silly with the Skyland's price, that will be the game up for me, no more purchases......

Yes, the Black Steel is SICK!!! :victory: When I saw a couple members grab the gen SS Skylander earlier in the year, I had to grab a gen too(it's an amazing watch)...BUT my heart was always set on the black steel so bring on the Vader. :victory:

I actually had the gen Black Steel on my wrist last Christmas - on approval and I was *this* close to pulling the trigger, but a combination of an iffy/unlucky serial no. and a distinc lack of discount (thus taking a loss on resale) meant I walked away at the last minute. I've since satisfied myself with an old factory Ti Chrono Avenger franken (you name it, she has it), but the lure of a Black Steel rep may prove too much to resist. Must chase Angus again re. that coating spec, hopefully it's being acted upon.