When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1,2,3 ... vintage 93150 bracelets

lazarini

Hi all.

I have been recently asked via Pm by a fellow member building a Super-franken 1665 Comex if i could do a few comparison shoots of the MBW 93150 Hollow mid link bracelet vs. the Genuine ...

He was on the fence going one way or the other so i shot some pics also for the others here to get visual feel of the 2 options.

On pics we have 2 x MBW 93150 and 1x Gen 93150 ...

On to the pics ...

Bracelets closed clasp up :

DSC02751.jpg

DSC02752.jpg

DSC02763.jpg

Bracelets closed back shot:

DSC02759.jpg

Bracelets opened top shot:

DSC02762.jpg

Bracelets opened from the side back visible:

DSC02764.jpg

DSC02765.jpg

Bracelets closed shot from the side:

DSC02754.jpg

DSC02755.jpg

Bracelets ends from the back:

DSC02760.jpg

My personal observation and conclusion:

Well MBW bracelets are damn good for the money no doubt there ... they are solid constructed and will serve the purpose good, yes the coronet is a bit different and they don't have the pierced micro extencion spring bar like the gen and yes engravings are sharper and deeper. but still i think the MBW ones are on the dot for the money.

The gen bracelet is well different ... the steal used and the end finish is supreme it has a different shine to the MBW and all in all just wears nicer but keep in mind the vintage 93150 bracelet will set u down considerably more then the mbw one so think hard do you really want one that bad!

Also when buying one be sure to ask about the condition because some of them nowadays are pretty banged up ...

Personally i have opted for one because i use it on 3 watches! 1665 GW,1680 White, 5513 no date sub and this way it gives me a better bang for the money and a piece of mind ...

If u have a nice modded watch and are not a rolli nut ;) get yourself the mbw bracelet and some nice gen endlinks ... the rep ones are sadly not so food IMHO.

If u really need to go all the way out then 93150 gen bracelet with gen ends is ure only option ... i recommend that only if u just cant live without one (like me) ;) or if ure building a super super vintage and u putting in a gen. mvt. etc ...

Hope u enjoyed this pictorial ... course if u have any questions and would like some additional macro shots let me know ...

Kind regards Laz

Thanks Laz.

I agree with you 100%.

One of your MBW is closer than the other though.

Can you share the origin of the second MBW?

I'd like to order some to put on my watches when I don't wear them and swap it for the gen when I do wear them! :D

Hi Stephane and all! Thx for the comments, appreciated ! ;)

The bracelets as follow top to bottom 1st picture !

1. MBW Came from Paso was attached on my 1665

2. MBW Came from fellow member Manuel i think he purchased directly from MBK/MBW came on my 1680

3. GEN. Came from a hotel room from a hip looking fella that is also known to have the RDS (rolex disorder syndrome) ...

Wonder who that might be hmmm :p ?

Regarding the 1 and 2 i think they came from same end source just one was bought 6 months before the other ... to actually point that out bracelet nr2. was purchased 6 months before the bracelet nr1.

Clearly these to are from completely different production run ... so u see its a hit or miss again do to non consistency of the makers ... just my 2 cents ...

Laz

Thanks for the comparison!

IMO, the MBW links are spot on. Match those with a gen clasp and you're all set!

Hi JoJo i must say im in the midle of that as the one that came on my 1680 so older ones were .... well u know what i mean shape was wrong and they looked cheap ... the ones i got on 1665 half year latter were much much better ... but as u can see the clasp was worse ... :rolleyes:

Laz

Laz -- Great pictorial & I do not mean to be critical here, but since you are going for accuracy.......I think you have the wrong clasp for a vintage 1665. The vintage 93150 clasp does not have the 2 lines on the flip-lock piece......the clasp with 2-lines is used on later/current Sub & Seadweller models. The correct flip-lock piece should look like Takashi's 1st pic. As a backup, you may be able to file the piece down to remove the lines.

was just away to come on and say this but you beat me to it.

indeed the clasp should have a smooth fliplock and there should be no thumb indent on the underside either.

these are for modern versions though whether this is now what you would get from RSC as a replacement bracelet is unclear

Rolex still makes & sells the 93150 (with the lined flip lock) for around $850 or so.

And I know what you are thinking, Laz, 'Just when I thought I had everything right, another silly vintage Rolex detail throws a monkey wrench into the plan.'

Been there, done that, got many Rolex t-shirts for my troubles. :wacko:

Rolex still makes & sells the 93150 (with the lined flip lock) for around $850 or so.

And I know what you are thinking, Laz, 'Just when I thought I had everything right, another silly vintage Rolex detail throws a monkey wrench into the plan.'

Been there, done that, got many Rolex t-shirts for my troubles. :wacko:

Well ure close there freddy but not really here is what im thinking ... clasp don't really bother me coronet is more of an ishue to me and since the clasp is gen the coronet is as it shod be ... so fine by me ;) all do thx for the info. another new thing learned :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Talking about getting everything right ... i did that with my explorer II purchase :yeah:

Laz

Also my opinion...

The MBW ones are great for the value ;)

They acceppt Gen Sprinbars and when you put some Gen Endlinks on it

nobody can spot its a rep braceletwhen you wear it..

I agree totally. The Gen endlinks make the MBW 93150 bracelet a super star. As my 501B endlinks did.