When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customs Australia

All normal, give it about 4-8-12 hours and itll have cleared customs.

Use the Chinese EMS, its very good for items shipped to Australia as it updates faster than the AUS postal website tracking.

Im currently tracking a package of mine now, via the AUS website its been in AUS customs since this morning, on the Chinese EMS website it has cleared AUS customs.

Dont worry

Use the Chinese EMS, its very good for items shipped to Australia as it updates faster than the AUS postal website tracking.

Im currently tracking a package of mine now, via the AUS website its been in AUS customs since this morning, on the Chinese EMS website it has cleared AUS customs.

Dont worry

Thanks mate :clap2:

Anything into Australia, valued under $A 1000, sails in and clears.

That doesn`t include drugs, pills etc.

You should find it will clear by to-night, go to the postal hub, and be scheduled for delivery to-morrow.

Dont worry

My experience varies considerably....

This is what you will see on the Auspost wesite for a typical shipment by EMS...

Jul 2, 2008 9:36am AUSTRALIA - Messenger Post NSW Item delivered.

Jul 2, 2008 6:33am AUSTRALIA - Messenger Post NSW Lodged with courier pickup service.

Jul 1, 2008 9:58pm AUSTRALIA - Messenger Post NSW Received at delivery hub.

Jul 1, 2008 2:38pm AUSTRALIA - SYDNEY Scheduled for delivery.

Jul 1, 2008 2:29pm AUSTRALIA - SYDNEY Received and awaiting clearance for delivery.

Jun 29, 2008 2:49pm CHINA Item lodged

The Auspost tracking will show nothing prior the received and waiting clearance entry in AUS, EMS china will show lodgement and two received by handling centre type entries.

Time in transit (CN to AU) has never been more than 48 hours for me.

Once in AUS the Auspost website will be several hours ahead of EMS china.

The longest I have seen an item with customs is 24 minutes.

Btw- after your first couple of items you won't even bother checking the tracking........ Trick for new players is that its a waste of time checking tracking for 2 days (often more as certain items spend extra days in transit by road in china before posting) after you get your tracking number. Collectors I have bought from have access to wads of EMS dockets pre issued to their errand runners so can provide the tracking info several days before the package hits china post.

Once in AUS the Auspost website will be several hours ahead of EMS china.

Sorry this is not true.

Every single package i have received from China to Australia has tracked much better from the Chinese EMS website.

When the package clears Australian customs via the AUS tracking website then the AUS is better, before this Chines EMS is much better.

Here is what im seeing now on the AUS website for my package:

EBxxxxxxxCN CHINA AUSTRALIA Your item arrived at the international processing centre in SYDNEY at 07:41 on 10 Jul 2008, and is awaiting clearance for delivery processing.

On the Chinese EMS tracking website, its already cleared customs!

Your item was released from Customs(COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA SYDNEY EMS) at 2008-07-10 09:34:00

Timing Site Status

2008-07-07 21:37:00 GUANGZHOU Posting

2008-07-07 21:54:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2008-07-07 22:47:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

2008-07-07 23:53:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2008-07-10 07:41:00 COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA SYDNEY EMS Arrival at Sorting Center

2008-07-10 07:41:00 COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA SYDNEY EMS Handed over to Customs

2008-07-10 09:34:00 COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA SYDNEY EMS Released from Customs

Sorry this is not true.

Every single package i have received from China to Australia has tracked much better from the Chinese EMS website.

When the package clears Australian customs via the AUS tracking website then the AUS is better, before this Chines EMS is much better.

Here is what im seeing now on the AUS website for my package:

EBxxxxxxxCN CHINA AUSTRALIA Your item arrived at the international processing centre in SYDNEY at 07:41 on 10 Jul 2008, and is awaiting clearance for delivery processing.

On the Chinese EMS tracking website, its already cleared customs!

Your item was released from Customs(COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA SYDNEY EMS) at 2008-07-10 09:34:00

Timing Site Status

2008-07-07 21:37:00 GUANGZHOU Posting

2008-07-07 21:54:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2008-07-07 22:47:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

2008-07-07 23:53:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2008-07-10 07:41:00 COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA SYDNEY EMS Arrival at Sorting Center

2008-07-10 07:41:00 COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA SYDNEY EMS Handed over to Customs

2008-07-10 09:34:00 COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA SYDNEY EMS Released from Customs

True for me Ajoesmith, actually just read my post and I think we have the same experience- EMS china prior hitting the ground in AUS then Auspost tracking is around 2 hours ahead.

• 8 months later...

hey i have some problems with my package

i've ordered something from australia to poland and i am stuck with thse status below:

Received and awaiting clearance for delivery

one of my mates told me that i'll have to pay tax for it:(

it is in that status from march 16th and im kinda worried now:(

is it true?

can someone please help me?