When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

James Bond 6538 Submariner from Silix - no bezel click

surpur

About 2 weeks ago I received a 6538 James Bond Sub with the 'Swiss' movement from Silix. It is a pretty good looking watch out of the box, just like on his pictures, but it does not have a bezel click whatsoever... The bezel just moves smoothly and very easy in both directions, so just touching it makes it move.

Now I don't know if that early Subs are not supposed to click or if there is something missing.

I have send several emails to Silix always with the same question phrased in differnt ways and he answered always with several days delay, but never got to the point, like he did not understand what I meant. He talked about inserts and this and that, but never said - no it does not need a click or yes it should have a click.

What is the deal - should it click or not? B)

No clicks, and both ways rotation on vintage Submariners, or Sea-Dwellers.

that said, my Bond-Sub from Silix is one-way rotationable and does click... I can switch with you if want to click! :p

First THANK YOU for the straight answer! :D How hard was that? He could have cleared that up just like that too...

You must have one of his cheap ones with the CN movement, I have one of those too and it does click. :p

I think I have some kind of special perversion of watch addiction in terms of the 50's subs I have 5 of them already and I am playing with the thought to get a real good reproduction from ND trading with the real coin edge bezel and 1030 Rolex movement. My dream :rolleyes:

There's a 5508 and a 6538, but no 5538!

Anyway, it should not click as chrgod says and should go either direction. You can pop the bezel off and play with the wire to tighten it up, as I recall. Some of them come with the little click pin and you can remove that and then it will turn either way.

The 16800 was the first sub to have the one way, counterclockwise turning bezel. Before that 1680, 1665, 5513, and earlier subs were bi-directional- no click.

There's a 5508 and a 6538, but no 5538!

Anyway, it should not click as chrgod says and should go either direction. You can pop the bezel off and play with the wire to tighten it up, as I recall. Some of them come with the little click pin and you can remove that and then it will turn either way.

The 16800 was the first sub to have the one way, counterclockwise turning bezel. Before that 1680, 1665, 5513, and earlier subs were bi-directional- no click.

Yes I missed it - its 6538 and its corrected- thanks!

LOL, I'm with Freddy on this, 6538, or possibly a 5510. Definitely a big crown, no crown guards, Submariner. The ironic thing is this has been debated on the Bond sites, but the truth is, only Cubby Broccoli's family knows the answer since they have the actual watch and I guess they're not talking. Talk about a million dollar Rolex watch- can you imagine what would happen if that watch were auctioned off by Antiquorum.

The 5513 didn't show up till later in one of the Roger Moore Bond films.

• 9 months later...
I ordered one from Paul that was listed on his site as bidirectional no click, which I do not like. Imagine my pleasent surpise to get it yesterday and it was a birectional click bezel.

Which model was that - do you have a link?

Thanks!