When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 14060M, is it a gen?

youpmelone

post-3477-1215965552_thumb.jpg

Just sealed the deal during an online auction.

year 07, including box and papers from a local AD.

price 2760 Euro.

The earlier deal to get mz wife a sub to honor her late grandpa fell through due to bad scratches etc.

This one should be it. hopefully it is a gen, i did not pick it up yet so i did not make the bad pics..

what is your gut instinct?

help appreciated

post-3477-1215965512_thumb.jpg

Looks definitely gen, but it's always difficult to tell when camera-illiterate people take the shots.

I mean, how it is even possible to take pictures like that... must have been a serious effort.

Looks definitely gen, but it's always difficult to tell when camera-illiterate people take the shots.

I mean, how it is even possible to take pictures like that... must have been a serious effort.

these are crops, the original large versions are even worse :-))

could get some detail in by adjusting lighting..

when it is here I will take better pics..

I hope the AD/seller has a large number (>500) of similar/previous watch sales with a 99%+ rating. Otherwise, I would never buy a watch from a seller with de-focused pictures. Without seeing at least 1 good, clear picture of the entire dial (including the entire crown, which is obscured in the pictures you posted here), I would have passed. But since the deal has been made, I hope it works out.

Guest carlsbadrolex
I hope the AD/seller has a large number (>500) of similar/previous watch sales with a 99%+ rating. Otherwise, I would never buy a watch from a seller with de-focused pictures. Without seeing at least 1 good, clear picture of the entire dial (including the entire crown, which is obscured in the pictures you posted here), I would have passed. But since the deal has been made, I hope it works out.

What he said X5

What he said X5

gents,

thx for the feedback highly appreciated.

my online rlx hunting goes a bit different. I never buy of traders or highlz experienced semi commercial sales man.

i try to look for the not so experienced people who do one or two trades per year over several years, furthermore i want their name on the certi and or people with a very well paid job.

hence people who have something to loose, in this country legal claims are easy and on public record.

served me very well untill now

this time, i have the name on the certi, a local serial, local ad. We will do the transfer at that AD.

hopefully all goes well, what do you guys think about the price (I bailed out much earlier but my wife wanted it... I have patience...)

Considering that there are no halfway decent reps of the 14060, it looks as gen as gen gets. The insert, small dial, crown guards, lug holes, loose end links, crown, crystal height all point to gen. Risky buy but I think you lucked out here. I'd put my money on it being gen. Plus, all of the 14060 reps use the regular sub case for the 14060 and the dial (like that of the 16600) is a tad smaller than the standard sub...the rep 14060 have never ever ever gotten this right.

There is no 14060 without lugholes... ;)

And the size is like the Sea-dweller, only thinner case and bezel. Insert also fits from SD and contrariwise.

Ask tribal, he installed a 14060 dial in a SSD without problems.

I read here on the forum that some members want to built a no date sub from a nob case with gen dial, but I think the dial is to small for the case. Othewise a gen 16610 dial can not be installed in a noob-case without grinding the dial to a smaller diameter - so maybe it fits...

There is no 14060 without lugholes... ;)

And the size is like the Sea-dweller, only thinner case and bezel. Insert also fits from SD and contrariwise.

Ask tribal, he installed a 14060 dial in a SSD without problems.

I read here on the forum that some members want to built a no date sub from a nob case with gen dial, but I think the dial is to small for the case. Othewise a gen 16610 dial can not be installed in a noob-case without grinding the dial to a smaller diameter - so maybe it fits...

The size and the lack of the date and the fact that I did not see a very good 14060M here in the past year made me go looking for one..

Omega, do zou know an answer to the rolexrolexrolex riddle?

is it on every z serial.. am afraid it is.. only yuck thing about this watch

Guest carlsbadrolex

I had not noticed until a later post that the thread creator will be picking the watch up at an AD. SO, it sounds like a pretty safe bet to me! Its ALWAYS nice to do business locally. Thats why I love (in a non-broke-back-mountain kinda way) my SoCal brothers!

I had not noticed until a later post that the thread creator will be picking the watch up at an AD. SO, it sounds like a pretty safe bet to me! Its ALWAYS nice to do business locally. Thats why I love (in a non-broke-back-mountain kinda way) my SoCal brothers!

well mr brokeback.. :-))

I will not do the pick up there but the transfer, (they can do the resizing as well :-))

Already had one guy back out of a deal since I insisted on a transfer there.. No one wants to sell a fake at an AD .-))

now I will keep the fingers crossed and pick it up on Wday..