When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Rubberclad black dial and date window is here, thanks Angus...

My AP ROO is home...alone because I am at work, I think I'll go home earlier today. I will shoot my watch as soon as I am home, is there a platinium member to who I can send the pics for he can present them properly because if I send them by myself that will be little pics and I know that's boring to click on them to enlarge...

This watch is amasing. I love it, I have it on my wrist and I haven't been that exited having a rep!!! It's perfect, don't care about the flaws. If you hesitate, just buy it, you won't regret it!!! Moreover, there is lume, it's not flashing lights but it's more than ok

post-5540-1216218010_thumb.jpg

post-5540-1216218040_thumb.jpg

post-5540-1216218073_thumb.jpg

post-5540-1216218114_thumb.jpg

For the moment, I am so happy it's as if I was drunk but I have never anderstood that shiny thing, I don't think it is, it's very light grey, it looks great, in no way it looks cheap. They did a very great job!!!

Extremely good choice you made there dude! Congrats & wear it well... ;)

Looks very nice. Hope you enjoy wearing it.

One question, it seems like you also have a small wrist. Can you let me know how that deployant sits on your wrist because mine really hurts.

I also noticed that the long strap is at 12 and the small strap is at 6. (standard is the other way around) did you do this to make it more comfortable?

The lume is on hands and on numbers. It is surely the same used on the white dial version.

I have a small wrist, the folding buckle is at the before the last hole and the buckle doesn't hurt my wrist.

I an not saying that black dial version is better than white dial, I will just say that I chose it because there is according to me a better color harmony between the black of the band, the black of the bezel and the black of the dial and, the grey of the sub-dials with the grey of the case. I think that the white dial doesn't find this harmony, break the design and gives the impression the watch is bigger (whereas it doesn't need to...)

Sorry, my camera is not good enough to take a good lume shoot, but trust me it is good!!!

Interesting point, this morning I went to visit my watch repairer and I asked him to test the watch with the pressure machine and the result was good. The machine can only test the watch with a pressure of 3ATM ie 30 meters. That means we can dive with it (I never go deeper than 10m because my ears hurts...)

Interesting point, this morning I went to visit my watch repairer and I asked him to test the watch with the pressure machine and the result was good. The machine can only test the watch with a pressure of 3ATM ie 30 meters. That means we can dive with it (I never go deeper than 10m because my ears hurts...)

There's been criticism of Angus' mod for the black date window frame -- that he just uses a black marker, or sharpie. How does the date window look in person?

I think that's ok, of course if you look very very close with the sun shinning on it, you see that it was made with a marker but the rest of time, everytime, you can't see the difference.

This afternoon I have been to the sea and dived at 10 meters with the watch and it's ok!!!

I think that's ok, of course if you look very very close with the sun shinning on it, you see that it was made with a marker but the rest of time, everytime, you can't see the difference.

This afternoon I have been to the sea and dived at 10 meters with the watch and it's ok!!!

swimming and diving with a rep chrono....wow...none of my chronos have seen water but I take my rollies, PO, and seamasters for a dip regularly after some waterproofing

-bosk

Guest Sql_pl

On my recent trip I thought what the hell and used my HBB when going out to the beach and swimming. No problem at all. And nobody ever said they are waterproof. The crown is not even screw down :)