When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I just got my AP ROO SEC @12

Hey guys I just got my AP ROO from Joshua and the watch looks Fantastic for the most part I instantly fell in love when I took it out the box. BUT then I was sad when I put it on my wrist and heard a chatter from inside like something was loose apparently the rotor fell off the movement and was sliding around the case back.However the watch still kept time since I hand wound it but I ended up opening it to see if I can fix it and I just put the rotor back on and it fixed that part but now when I use the chronos the stop watch hand stops at 15 seconds (3 o'clock) and the second hand at 12 stops also so basically I'm a lil sad about that. Does anyone know if the chronos are supposed to work? I dont use them alot but I figure at least once in a while.

MyAP014.jpg

MyAP016.jpg

MyAP018.jpg

These are the lil imperfections I see in the rubber bezel at the 6 o'clock position

MyAP019.jpg

This is the 9 O'clock side

MyAP021.jpg

Great looking watch.

The chronos are meant to work, so if I were you I would make sure the watch has been wound for a while (few hours on the wrist) and then try it. The chrono function needs some power reserve to work well. If this does not fix the issue then there could be a problem with the movement so you might need to send it back to Joshua for a swap.

Edited by TommyB

ummm....call me crazy, but i wouldn't go pushing any chrono pushers till you get your rotor properly reattached :o

sorry to hear about the watch arriving in something less than ideal condition...hopefully it will be an easy fix :victory:

deltatahoe

I didn't try the chronos until after the first time I fixed the rotor which a few hours later then fell back off. I just took it apart again and tried to fix it I dunno if It will work but I did contact Joshua which also told me to open in and try to fix it.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Um yeah, throw some ball bearing in your engine and start her up!!! So how long it lasts!

Why do people think that they can let things "rattle around" inside their watch and it should still work.

Im sure that Joshua appreciates you posting all of this, so when you contact him and say, "Hey my watch doesnt work!"

He can say, "well of course it doesnt... you ran it with the rotor banging around! Have a nice day!"

Another case of GREAT QUALITY CONTROL by the cartel!

Those look like little Asian pubic hairs stuck between the bezel and gasket!

Congrats on a great one!

To be fair, the rotors can get loose during the shipment too. I've had 2 reps from excellent dealers which came with loose rotors. Both Asian 21J by the way.

Reattaching the rotor is very easy. Open the caseback. Most likely there is a small rotor screw loose in there. Be careful not to lose it. Then take (probably) a 1.2mm screwdriver and guess what... reattach the rotor, using that loose screw. :)

And what CarlsbadRolex said... do not play with the chronos until your watch is fully wound. It's not likely, but it's possible that it can cause more damage.

Those look like little Asian pubic hairs stuck between the bezel and gasket!

:D

After seeing the video it looks like the movement is definitely jamming up on something, either the hands hitting something on the dial at the 12-15 mark, or there is something stuck in the gears inside. Maybe a good service would sort it out, but on a new watch, this should have been tested before shipping it out to you. I think you might have to send it back and ask for a QC'd one in return.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like my watch and the $580 I've paid for it was a total wash I shipped the defective item back to Joshua and now I have no clue where it is.The tracking number they give me isn't really a tracking number supposedly it's Untraceable. And now I'm convinced I'll never see it again. It has now been 18 days since I shipped it and I don't know what to do.. I just want a working AP ROO like I paid for now what.Has this happened to anyone else?

Well it looks like my watch and the $580 I've paid for it was a total wash I shipped the defective item back to Joshua and now I have no clue where it is.The tracking number they give me isn't really a tracking number supposedly it's Untraceable. And now I'm convinced I'll never see it again. It has now been 18 days since I shipped it and I don't know what to do.. I just want a working AP ROO like I paid for now what.Has this happened to anyone else?

I sent mine back to angus. I does take some time, but i got it back in working condition about 1,5 months after. Registrered mail takes quite some time to reach china, so i would give it some more weeks, before i wrote it off.