When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An Apology to RWG and some Clarifications..

Daytona4me

I have to apologize to RWG for adding my 2cents on the forum during the heated discussions about Josh and Andrew.

My comments contributed to escalated the conversation to an unprofessional level, one that I would not have appreciated on RWI if I were staff.

It appears that my activity has cast doubt on RWI and it's current staff. This is completely unfair and I have to clear some things up.

I want to be clear about something.

1. I DO have an ax to grind with Repgeek, there were some underhanded tactics used by some as they were starting up.. enough about that.

2. I DO have an ax to grind with Josh and Andrew for multiple reasons. The first being the 2 counts of dealer intimidation that I received when I was on staff at RWI and the 3rd that Takashi received from the dealer hont. The second issue being a rocky relationship with the two of them and RWI because our members were critical of them including some staff who were customers of them. We did not stop it and we paid for it by their non participation (which hurts membership imo).

3. I am sorry for exposing my ax towards Repgeek in the threads here and started on RWI with screen prints. I felt it were necessary because a member had commented about no proof of intimidation or manipulation between cartel and RG. I felt it was proof and so I posted it.

4. I am biased towards RG and Josh and Andrew as I feel that Josh and Andrew are getting rich off of our forum members and it is driven by Greed, not the right to earn a living. I have no problem with them making money, I'm glad they do otherwise they would not be a source for members to buy replica watches from. I do not feel they should interfere with other dealers and their attempt to do the same (make money.. not sure if the greed factor applies yet).

5. I stepped down as admin on RWI over these feelings knowing that I could not live healthy with the despise that I hold and the constant reminder of it in front of my face on a daily basis. While although I lead with no biased towards them.. it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to perform my job junction without my feelings affecting my decisions.

6. I also stepped down as admin on RWI because I knew that the forums were only feeding the beasts. I am tired of the price gouging that is going on with these watches and I despise Greed. I was contemplating becoming a very cheap discount drop shipper who would offer the same watches (from the same factories as these dealers) at $25 or $45 over cost (this was my exact business plan) so that I could show members exactly how much the dealers were getting rich.

My hopes were to hopefully bring prices down (as watch reviews and shiny pictures in wrist shots were only making them go up) and I planned to do this for exactly 6 months and then audit my success (both monetarily and the impact on the forum and prices for it's members).

7. The moment I had these feelings and began evaluating my options as a drop shipper I immediately stepped down as admin on RWI informing my staff and RWG admin TT and Thomas as to why my full plans were (including my exact business plan as outlined above).

I did this so that all of my activity could be monitored (be it pm logs or open conversations) so that my Integrity which I have worked so hard on would not be questioned and my motives were extremely transparent. I did not announce this to membership as I did not want to have to handle PM's etc.. while I was still in the process of evaluating wither or not I would do this. I also had to determine how difficult it was going to be to create a website, obtain a credit card processor, etc. and started the processes of both (had to determine the difficulties of setting them up).

What pains me is that despite my efforts to keep my Integrity in tact (being completely transparent to RWG and RWI admin) my activities as detailed above has distracted from the issues at hand with Josh and Andrew and the intimidation that they have done.

I will simply say this, I have placed my word, my honor and integrity in the statements I made in the Josh and Andrew threads and gave exactly what I know to be told by me to parties involved. I in no way manipulated any evidence or conversations with any of the dealers (3) to which conversations were made. The Repgeek screen prints were only a re-post by me. The original author was TWP when he was still dealing and they were posted on RWI. I had a feeling they would be removed because they were quite damaging so I copied them (admin on all boards take screen prints, download pictures etc.. as posters can edit their posts and things are lost).

With all of my honor I want to say that nothing was trumped up to look worse. Please do not allow yourselves to add 2 + 2 to get 4 but only when it is convenient for you. Turning a blind eye because the situation is difficult only empowers those who are doing wrong.

If you have ever trusted me before, there is no reason to not trust me now. You have not been mislead or become a victim of someone else's vendetta. You are all free thinkers and capable of adding up some points and facts.

Let it be known that I was at a business conference in Florida (one that I forgot to setup a meeting with some fellow RWG members near Miami (so sorry)) during the entire time that RWI debated and removed Josh and Andrew. I affected the decision by exactly 0%.

Had I been contacted and asked my opinion I would have abstained as I have a very biased view of them. I was never contacted nor telephoned and asked my opinion of these two dealers.

Despite all of these facts.. my Integrity and Honor have been called into question by some that I consider friends (and still do, although it will be hard for me to get over) my intentions were made known to Repgeek admin for which I would never condone and what respect that I worked very hard to create and maintain (maybe I'm being overly optimistic here) has now been tainted and ruined.

I have worked very hard to be one of the good guys.. now I am labeled as a conspirator. It is for this reason that it is highly unlikely that I will proceed with my plans as outlined above and as difficult as it is for me to write this, it would be as difficult to play and enjoy my hobby where my motives are in question.

Please know that I have poured my heart and soul into recovering RWI, please do not think for one minute that there is a single staff member there with an agenda. I hope that the inter-fora relationship with RWG can still exist and be strong, both communities need it.

I hold no ill will towards anyone, and in the end, all is forgiven.

As I find myself standing here, supporting what RWI did with it's actions, I also find myself on the outside looking in... just like the two that I commented about in those threads, done in by genuine efforts to bring truths and make things better.

I am distraught and quite heart broken, betrayed in a sense.. and I dont know what to do.

I guess it's time to ponder....

Take care friends, thanks for listening.. :)

Greg

Greg,

I think that you should just relax a little bit.

Things will get mellow as soon as people stop screaming "murder" everywhere, and stop taking this hobby dead seriously.

I always saw you as a good guy. But now that you removed Neil Peart from your avatar, I'm not so sure anymore... :D

Greg,

Things will get mellow as soon as people stop screaming "murder" everywhere, and stop taking this hobby dead seriously.

I always saw you as a good guy. But now that you removed Neil Peart from your avatar, I'm not so sure anymore... :D

ah main.

Greg,

I always saw you as a good guy. But now that you removed Neil Peart from your avatar, I'm not so sure anymore...

Oh I forgot about the Neil Pert (I mean really are there any better drummers than him) avatar disappearing. I've have to rethink my opinion now ;)

Greg,

Exactly....this crap has happened before and it will happen again in the future. You will feel better about all this with time.

I am very interested in you becoming a drop shipper :whistling:

I hope you consider this because we need some good people to bring us a factory connection at a reasonable cost.

I had a chance to be a US dealer some time back with a dealer from TRC and after talks with him I decided not to do it but to give you an example.

new improved 50th anniversary LV subs had just came out an they were selling for 250 for the swiss versions from the dealers at the time

The supplier informed me that he would send me 12 of the same swiss LV's to sale to people at a cost of 110.00 each.....that was my cost. I would imagine that his cost must have been 50 bucks each. (just a guess)

I guess my point is the mark up is pretty high as we all know but I got a little taste of what it was back then. I would love to see someone cement a factory connection to bring us our reps .

Greg you are a good guy in my book and i am with you my man. Take a step back and things will cool down by itself.

You told me months ago your intention of being a drop shipper so you can get the price of reps down and i have been waiting to hear from you since.

i hope you are still consider doing that to help all of us out.

It's never easy to put such a statement out there like you have. I commend you on it.

Now let's get back to what's really important... watches, booze and loose women. Opps did I just say that??? ;)

I second the sentiments of the quoted post. Fully. Opps did I just say that!!! ;)

I've only been here a couple of months and I am dismayed to see the ugliness of this hobby. I thought I would post around and learn as much as possible. The more I read, the more concerned I get. Maybe I just dont have enough information. I do know this - it took alot of guts for Greg to come out and say what he did. I respect the hell out him!

G,

You've always been one of the good guys bro!

Your dedication to to RWI was unparalleled and you've always been there

for the members...

Take a step back....let this crap blow over...and get back on the saddle when your ready...

We'll be here...

G,

I think the general opinion is that you are a stand up guy. The reason people with negative opinions stand out so much is because they are the ones trying to sway the majority.....I've always said that the most opinionated people are the loudest people in the room.......But that doesn't mean the whole room thinks the same way.

Don't let a couple bad apples spoil the whole damn bunch

Greg,

I am glad you posted the truth behind the J and A fiasco,your plans to be a dealer were known before this thread by some,myself included,and being 'on a mission' against the big guys makes alot of sense,being that it came out....i know your a man,i'm glad you posted this.

I wish you the best in your dropshipping plans,and i'm glad the community can see all that for what it was,now.

Look forward to your offerings.

Greg,

I am glad you posted the truth behind the J and A fiasco,your plans to be a dealer were known before this thread by some,myself included,and being 'on a mission' against the big guys makes alot of sense,being that it came out....i know your a man,i'm glad you posted this.

I wish you the best in your dropshipping plans,and i'm glad the community can see all that for what it was,now.

Look forward to your offerings.

dave, d's thoughts about if he wanted to sell watches or not had nothing to do with our decision to remove josh and trusty from trusted dealer status, that was solely based on their business practices. d had no say so in the matter, i still haven't figured out what he is apologizing for.

5:30AM here in the good ol' Pacific North West...

Just read through this Thread again and was disappointed how it digressed...

D4M poured his heart into the Opening Post...

And I don't think he intended the loop to become another pissing contest...

So I took the liberty to clean it up...

TT