When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Skyland

b16a2

I joined this forum 2 years, and at that time the Navitimer was the Ultimate replica for me. 2 years ago, I would not have predicted things would have moved on to the degree that they have.

I received my Skyland from Angus in 5 working days. The whole process was flawless as per usual, which is why he is my dealer of choice.

The Watch

It doesn't need much of an introduction. I see it as the modern day Chrono Avenger, but with more appeal to the mass market by using SS for the more attention grabbing look. It is a nice happy medium for those who feel the Super Avenger is too big.

The number dial font gives it a nice modern look, whilst using very much the same casing as the Chrono Avenger, to keep it inline with Breitling's Aeromarine series.

I opted for the black dial on the SS bracelet, I have a black leather strap on order. I feel it will give it a nice classy alternative look.

02082008512.jpg

My First Impressions

There is no point in me writing what was going through my mind, some of it would be censored, some of it wouldn't be.

As a previous owner of the legendary SOSF, (which in the mind of many a collector) was a milestone in terms of build quality and accuracy.

When I held the Skyland in my hands, I would have quite happily believed it was a genuine had it not come via EMS. This takes the replica watch to a whole new level.

02082008513.jpg

Accuracy

I haven't had time to do a direct comparison however;

The lume dot at four is slightly offline with the lume dot border. Apart from this I can see no flaws.

The datefont is perfect, AR is spot on, the finish is superb, the bracelet is well finished and the clasp is sturdy, did I already mention the datefont? ...you get what I mean

02082008514.jpg

Overall Impression

As I have already stated, the build quality is incredible. The weight, the feel of the bracelet, and the appearance all shout 'genuine'.

It is often that we get an amazing replica, and the usual statement is 'I wouldn't know it was a replica, unless I held the genuine next to it'. Even if one were to do this comparison, many would be none the wiser, it really is that good.

02082008515.jpg

Best Replica of the Year?

It's difficult to say. There are many good replica's being released at the moment. I am also a massive Breitling fan, so being completely objective may not be possible. However, as far as the Breitling range goes, this is by far the best Breitling replica I have ever seen. Not just in terms of accuracy, but also fit and finish etc.

Most gens have a certain feel to them, both physically, and mentally. They make you feel like you own a genuine. This gives me the same feeling that I get when I wear my SMP. It 'feels' genuine.

Conclusion

a.) Are you a Breitling fan?

b.) Do you like chrono watches?

c.) Do you have 300USD spare?

d.) Do you like peanut butter with strawberry jam?

If you can answer yes to at least one of these, then you NEED to get one of these. The last question is purely to make sure that those who don't fall into a,b, or c still get this watch. No collection should be without this watch!

02082008517.jpg

02082008516.jpg

02082008518.jpg

02082008520.jpg

02082008519.jpg

Excellent mini review, very objective..I like it!! ^_^

How would you rate the size when compared to the SFSO? equal or larger?

It wears bigger. It is far thicker, so it sits quite high on the wrist, and the diameter appears a bit larger due to the chrono buttons on the side. It doesn't feel OTT though, the wrist shots are on a 7" wrist (approx)

Received mine today.. Wow.. I'm in love. Didn't expect to like the bracelet, but I really like it :D

Btw, anyone noticed that there is 2 kind of screw used on the bracelet ? Some have flat head and other rounded... Look a bit strange

See here (second one is flat)

02082008516.jpg

I just received mine yesterday and can't agree more. This is a fantastic replica.

Also, I had 2 screws that were different from the rest. If I had any complaints, that would be the only flaw I've seen. Most people are going to be taking a couple links out so it's easy to get rid of them.

All these Skyland threads... well I agree with everyone else. The rep is stunning!

This hobby has changed me a bit though... in the old days I always HAD to get all these stunning watches. Now I have realized that I can enjoy them through other member's reviews too. :D

There's a small difference though... back in 2005 we got three or four stunning reps per year, now we get them almost every week.

There's a small difference though... back in 2005 we got three or four stunning reps per year, now we get them almost every week.

So... I guess that means that the premiumn we are paying to fund R&D (or reverse engineering, if I may) is well worth it... in a way, sort of, kind of, maybe :p

Received mine today.. Wow.. I'm in love. Didn't expect to like the bracelet, but I really like it :D

Btw, anyone noticed that there is 2 kind of screw used on the bracelet ? Some have flat head and other rounded... Look a bit strange

Yes, I didn't notice until I put the screws back in. It's definitely exaggerated by the pictures, but that is an accute attention to detail you have there Vric!

All these Skyland threads... well I agree with everyone else. The rep is stunning!

This hobby has changed me a bit though... in the old days I always HAD to get all these stunning watches. Now I have realized that I can enjoy them through other member's reviews too. :D

Very true. When I first joined you had time to save between reps, a nice Navitimer, then the SMP Chrono. In 2008 you have to be careful not to use the plastic all of the time and end up with 100's of watches!!

Yes, I didn't notice until I put the screws back in. It's definitely exaggerated by the pictures, but that is an accute attention to detail you have there Vric!

Yea well.. I have 3 kinds of screw on mine. The 2 pictured here and I have 2 screws that are completely flat and come flush to the link.. I had to remove one link, so I got rid of those, but it's a total of 5 screws that aren't the same on mine.. Damn strange.

Anyway, small details and my Skyland have nearly all the lume dot centered. Only the one at 3, the smallest, is a bit off. So I'm happy :D

Btw, anyone have the leather strap too? If so, what is that smell ? It's the worst I have seen in years for a strap.

Yea well.. I have 3 kinds of screw on mine. The 2 pictured here and I have 2 screws that are completely flat and come flush to the link.. I had to remove one link, so I got rid of those, but it's a total of 5 screws that aren't the same on mine.. Damn strange.

Anyway, small details and my Skyland have nearly all the lume dot centered. Only the one at 3, the smallest, is a bit off. So I'm happy :D

Btw, anyone have the leather strap too? If so, what is that smell ? It's the worst I have seen in years for a strap.

I have one order, Il have a 'sniff' when it comes through. I used to own a rep strap which went on the SOF temporarily, and I don't recall any odd smells coming from it, maybe they are using different 'ingredients' :D

Do you have black dial with black strap? If you do would you mind posting a few snaps?

Just got mine!!! Doorbell rang while reading this post and there it was. Ordered from Andrew Thursday, got here (US) today... WOW fast delivery! Screws not a big deal, but the bezel seems a bit looser than my SFSO. Again, not a big deal, I can always tighten it up if it becomes a problem. Beautiful watch, got the black dial on SS bracelet. May become my new favorite!

• 2 weeks later...