When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What are we going to do about these high prices?

ajoesmith

Are Reps prices too high recently?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Are Reps prices too high recently?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

And now he's boycotting us because we asked him to pony-up and pay a Dealer Fee like all the other Collectors...

Some Peeps...

:animal_rooster:

Why is it that members that shout from the mountain top and seem to have personal vendetta's ( but mask it with the forum members so called best interest in mind) are the ones guilty of just the things that they accuse others of...

And what makes it worse is to be so insulting as to think we are malleable enough to rally to the calls of a few .. who themselves sought to make rather large profits.. not from work .. knowledge nor talent but for pure profit .. does this say anything about the point of "business" which I assume these men in China are doing...

Why do we pay 3 to 5 times the worth of a diamond than it is truely worth??.. why is jewelry triple keystoned ??

Are we in the mindset that because the reps are from china that we should pay next to nothing ??

members who think of getting into the sales end of the business....and think of making say 50.00 usd for a rep...... forget to factor in CC vendors .... shiping... exchange for defects credit.... repair work... reshiping and reinbusement for customer shipping back.. don't look at all these varialbes and look

only at the thought of making a net net protift.

At least someone who acts. I can respect that. But I wonder how many of the 90% that thinks reps are too expensive will do the same.....

i have no idea if any will stand up for them selves or just listen to the jandrew apologists. obviously reaching that point will be different for everybody but last year out of 25 watches i had 7 of them being worked on to correct qc issues and i said enough is enough. i started counting up the monthly expenditures on this hobby and said enough is enough. the prices kept going up, the accuracy on some of them was better but the qc was the same or worse. i looked at what it would actually cost to buy a couple of new rolex's and said what the hell am i doing??????? i couldn't justify it any longer. meanwhile we continue to see the prices increase to levels that are just stupid and the qc remains the same and it is purely greed.

i have had no qc issues and all i did was send my money to switzerland instead of some asian guy with a fake american sounding name.

aV1xNviS.jpg

i have no idea if any will stand up for them selves or just listen to the jandrew apologists. obviously reaching that point will be different for everybody but last year out of 25 watches i had 7 of them being worked on to correct qc issues and i said enough is enough. i started counting up the monthly expenditures on this hobby and said enough is enough. the prices kept going up, the accuracy on some of them was better but the qc was the same or worse. i looked at what it would actually cost to buy a couple of new Rolex's and said what the hell am i doing??????? i couldn't justify it any longer. meanwhile we continue to see the prices increase to levels that are just stupid and the qc remains the same and it is purely greed.

i have had no qc issues and all i did was send my money to Switzerland instead of some Asian guy with a fake American sounding name.

aV1xNviS.jpg

I beg to differ but "I" am standing for myself.. I have never influenced any member by semantics to buy or not to buy from Joshua nor Andrew.. it seems to me that you would rather me and the whole forum jump on "your" band wagon.. and if we don't you .. use cute little euphemisms to talk down on the membership who rather make their own decisions ..

Neither agitated member nor any collector.. dealer will make "my" decision... I do choose =based on product + Customer service.. and If I choose to pay a little more for after purchase service.. that will be "MY CHOICE"

and if I am to be called whatever petty names because of this .. that is "your" problem ... and issues you need to resolve without the leverage of using the forum to sway votes..

I never wanted gas prices to go up.. nor real estate.. nor automobiles.. nor food.. utilities.. clothing ... hair cuts... ad infinitum.. but believe it or not that is the progression of the World Economy..

but all this..... time after time is past OLD...... before Jesus was a Carpenter "OLD".....

everyone has made their POINT.... don't buy ... but leave it up to each individual to decide ... because your "Crusade" to influence the Forum as a whole is very Transparent ... if they are not "Agenda Driven" then ..."Let it GO" !!!!

Unless "YOU" are going to pay for "MY" purchases.. then it seems to me what members do with their money should stay their business.. as should other Fora business.. should be left to their acting Admin Team..

If you want to pay lesser prices .. then seek out a way to do it wholesale.. like I and the rest of the free world are always trying to cut out the middle man... but calling a crusade to do everything to "Ban" and boycott .. is just manipulation..

I buy whom I want to buy from .... PERIOD ....

WHEWW.. DOUBLE MACHIATO AT WORK.... B):1a:

LANI

I beg to differ but "I" am standing for myself.. I have never influenced any member by semantics to buy or not to buy from Joshua nor Andrew.. it seems to me that you would rather me and the whole forum jump on "your" band wagon.. and if we don't you .. use cute little euphemisms to talk down on the membership who rather make their own decisions ..

Neither agitated member nor any collector.. dealer will make "my" decision... I do choose =based on product + Customer service.. and If I choose to pay a little more for after purchase service.. that will be "MY CHOICE"

and if I am to be called whatever petty names because of this .. that is "your" problem ... and issues you need to resolve without the leverage of using the forum to sway votes..

I never wanted gas prices to go up.. nor real estate.. nor automobiles.. nor food.. utilities.. clothing ... hair cuts... ad infinitum.. but believe it or not that is the progression of the World Economy..

but all this..... time after time is past OLD...... before Jesus was a Carpenter "OLD".....

everyone has made their POINT.... don't buy ... but leave it up to each individual to decide ... because your "Crusade" to influence the Forum as a whole is very Transparent ... if they are not "Agenda Driven" then ..."Let it GO" !!!!

Unless "YOU" are going to pay for "MY" purchases.. then it seems to me what members do with their money should stay their business.. as should other Fora business.. should be left to their acting Admin Team..

If you want to pay lesser prices .. then seek out a way to do it wholesale.. like I and the rest of the free world are always trying to cut out the middle man... but calling a crusade to do everything to "Ban" and boycott .. is just manipulation..

I buy whom I want to buy from .... PERIOD ....

WHEWW.. DOUBLE MACHIATO AT WORK.... B):1a:

LANI

ok, i believe you and so will everybody else. no need to get excited. i was only telling my story, how i feel about it and what i chose to do about it, i spent my money on what i wanted. as i have already said it is different for everybody. ;)

ok, i believe you and so will everybody else. no need to get excited. i was only telling my story, how i feel about it and what i chose to do about it, i spent my money on what i wanted. as i have already said it is different for everybody. ;)

Damn Good Machiato this morning... :D

the Fact is this is copa setic to the way of the world.. I have roughly a customer base of 2000 to 2200... for every one customer that raves about what we do.. there will inevitably be one that comdemns my way of doing things.. not everyone will be happy nor choose us..

the reality is I realize what I am dealing with .. and more than not I have to add mods or servicing to the movements... ergo ... the reason I am attempting to learn minor watch work..

Again to repeat.. I have never "ONCE" marketed nor advertised for any collector in my pictorials or whatever you want to call them..

for myself I go on 'proven " track records.. with "ME" there have been dealers that I spent alot of money on and ceased doing business with for reasons that I will keep private..

I can see if some site is trying to scam you .. but this is not the case... I buy from dealers.. (Plural) that provide "me" with customer service that reflects the "amount" of business "I" do with them throughout the year or years..I do not flip form dealer to dealer looking for a "bargin" .. because for me bargins are not substantial when it comes to after purchase service or savings..

All I am saying is do not "Group" dealers customers in a derogatory way ... because whom is anyone to say what I or the rest of the members are thinking and their reasons for buying form any one dealer...

My view on purchasing products that are for esthetics or personal use is sort of like "Religion".... it is a "PERSONAL CHOICE" and not anyones business but that person directly involved in it

Time to Move ON........... "IMUA" = FORWARD.... and all it takes to go 1000 miles is the "First Step"

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

I bought Ajo's watches at least 2 of them 1125$ each and let me tell you it was worth it..Your average 7750 asian reps are what is not worth 600$ since they can't survive they are like time bombs.

My eta watches will last as long as i care for them..

Unless "YOU" are going to pay for "MY" purchases.. then it seems to me what members do with their money should stay their business..

LANI

Well said, I agree.

Every one of us is free to choose for themselves what they are willing to pay for.

The dollar has little to do with it. I don't see the prices coming down with the switch from gen ETA to copy ETA. If the quality has changed, why hasn't the price? :rolleyes:

Damn Good Machiato this morning... :D

the Fact is this is copa setic to the way of the world.. I have roughly a customer base of 2000 to 2200... for every one customer that raves about what we do.. there will inevitably be one that comdemns my way of doing things.. not everyone will be happy nor choose us..

the reality is I realize what I am dealing with .. and more than not I have to add mods or servicing to the movements... ergo ... the reason I am attempting to learn minor watch work..

Again to repeat.. I have never "ONCE" marketed nor advertised for any collector in my pictorials or whatever you want to call them..

for myself I go on 'proven " track records.. with "ME" there have been dealers that I spent alot of money on and ceased doing business with for reasons that I will keep private..

I can see if some site is trying to scam you .. but this is not the case... I buy from dealers.. (Plural) that provide "me" with customer service that reflects the "amount" of business "I" do with them throughout the year or years..I do not flip form dealer to dealer looking for a "bargin" .. because for me bargins are not substantial when it comes to after purchase service or savings..

All I am saying is do not "Group" dealers customers in a derogatory way ... because whom is anyone to say what I or the rest of the members are thinking and their reasons for buying form any one dealer...

My view on purchasing products that are for esthetics or personal use is sort of like "Religion".... it is a "PERSONAL CHOICE" and not anyones business but that person directly involved in it

Time to Move ON........... "IMUA" = FORWARD.... and all it takes to go 1000 miles is the "First Step"

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

just remember, i put my money where my mouth is, that was the purpose of the post. i was tired of what was going on and i did something about it. i will continued to do that until i feel the prices have come in line with the the overall quality of the product. i paid 86.00 for my brand new seiko orange monster on ss, 21.00 to have it delivered from china to oklahoma. there isn't a rep made that can even come close to the quality and durability of that watch and we won't even mention the lume. until the reps being sold for these astronomical prices can match that i am out. the value for the dollar amount isn't there and i still haven't figured out why it is 35.00 for a dealer to send us our reps but 21.00 for this dealer to send my seiko ems. like i said, i took action, i am not just saying i should do it, i did it and will continue to do so until these things change.

like i said before, everybody will make up their own mind as to when they have had enough but the problem isn't going away this time around. B)