When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any college football fans here?

Sir-Lancelot

Expecting a a couple years not quite up to par.. .but it should be some interesting football. I got tired of the drop back and pass to the sideline at the line of scrimmage. It got a little bit predictive after 500 attempts in the previous year.

Sending Lloyd Carr off with a victory was a fantastic feeling... beating Florida in the Bowl Game.. :)

Picture003.jpg

FIRST NFL game was last night - its like heroin in the veins

I love NFL football, have since the age of 3 (as the notes transcribed to the pages of my baby book reveal), but hate preseason... Nevertheless I am guilty of watching the first half (of course), but all the while kept thinking "How the hell could summer already be over?!" :D

The U is going to be whomped by UCF this year and i'm going to be there to watch

FIRST NFL game was last night - its like heroin in the veins

FYI, miami should have taken colt brennon - he throws the ball pretty :)

Never. We are going to surprise the ACC (cant do much worse than last year at 5-7).......we will see how good UCF is after they play South Florida in week 2

i freakin hate usf :(

have for a long long time.

we havent been able to crack that nut :)

USF goes as their QB Groethe goes.....get pressure on him and they are toast. Oregon did it against USF in the Sun Bowl and they smoked the bulls (something like 56-20). Honestly though, Id rather be playing USF than what we have for our 2nd game, Gators in the Swamp. 23 days till opening kickoff.......

We are going to surprise the ACC (cant do much worse than last year at 5-7)

@jkpadget2 The U will be my 2nd favorite team when they play ClemPson. Hope you beat that ass and bring the Clemmers back down to earth.

So far, everyone posting is coming off a disappointing season with high hopes for this year. As a Gamecock fan, I am pretty used to being disappointed, but for once I feel like we are going to have a breakout year and take the SEC by storm. I am not predicting a championship, but it is not as far fetched as it has been in years past.

We are close and I am happy.

BO BIG RED!

Yeah, we sucked last year, but new coach, new attitude .... better results .... :D

Yeah...Must suck going from a power house to a laughing stock!!

We'll see if the results change...Pretty bad when CU hangs 65 on ya...

BTW, I'm sure you know what the "N" on the Nebraska helmet stands for?

"Knowledge"

And the reason they have artificial turf on their field?

To keep the cheerleaders from grazing!! :D

You may have a new coach, but the Buffs had a remarkable recruiting class!! The #1 RB in the country and the #2 linebacker, among others...

GO BUFFS!!

Colorado_football_helmet.jpg

All this knowledge coming from a Colorado fan .... :p

But ... you would know about being the laughing stock ... of course you probably want to forget that 2-10 record in 2006 after getting spanked in the 2005 Big 12 Championship by Texas ... what was the score?

Oh yeah ... 70-3.

Thanks but I'll stick with my guys ... see you in November ... :D

post-11264-1217962219_thumb.png

Series standings ... 46-18-2

All this knowledge coming from a Colorado fan .... :p

But ... you would know about being the laughing stock ... of course you probably want to forget that 2-10 record in 2006 after getting spanked in the 2005 Big 12 Championship by Texas ... what was the score?

Oh yeah ... 70-3.

Oh...You're a Texas fan? I thought you were a cornholer..er..cornhusker fan....and you probably want to forget that Nebraska was 1-9 in 1957!! That's about as relevant as CU's 2006 record, or all time record vs NU.

At least Colorado has been to 4 Big 12 Championship games this millennium. How many for NU?

Oh yeah... 1.

Thanks but I'll stick with my guys ... see you in November ... :D

Series standings ... 46-18-2

Yeah...But the unfortunate thing is that Nebraska should be out of bowl contention by then!! :D

(Hey, this is fun!! I'm actually much more of a Bronco fan than a Buff fan, but I just couldn't resist a chance to mix it up with a Nebraska fan...My father-in-law was born in Cozad and lives in Omaha. He's a huge NU fan, so I get plenty of abuse from YOU GUYS...But I can dish it out it pretty well too!! ;) )

Yep, and that one came more recently than the last Colorado appearance.

Since you brought up 'this millenia' ... The Huskers are 65-36-0 ... the Buffs .... 50-51-0. Ouch! Not even .500.

By the way, how many National Championships has Colorado won?

Oh yeah ... 1.

And Nebraska has won how many SINCE then ...

Oh yeah ... 3.

You're right .... this is fun .... Buffaloes are such easy targets .... :p

In all seriousness though ... I'll be happy with 7-5 this year from us with a bowl game appearance.

You're right .... this is fun .... Buffaloes are such easy targets .... :p

Didn't seem like easy targets last year. Did anyone from NU even make a tackle in that game? Couldn't have been many to give up 65 points!! (Never mind Nebraska scored 51)

I'm curious. Do you think bring Dr. Tom back will have an impact? I know he's like God around Lincoln, but isn't he like 107 or something like that?

Didn't seem like easy targets last year. Did anyone from NU even make a tackle in that game? Couldn't have been many to give up 65 points!! (Never mind Nebraska scored 51)

I'm curious. Do you think bring Dr. Tom back will have an impact? I know he's like God around Lincoln, but isn't he like 107 or something like that?

Yes it already has made a huge impact.

Husker football is all about family and tradition. Callahan killed off all of that and more during his tenure.

It's back now, and Pelini respects what Husker football is all about. He also has a pretty good old ball coach to bounce things off if he needs to.

Personally, I think the talent level was much better last year than they showed .... think the kids all lost faith in Callahan and the system (especially on defense). If Pelini can get them to play to their talent, we'll be better than everyone thinks we will be. I still don't think that makes us conference champs, but I am not expecting any blowouts either.