When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another unsuccesful day at RG.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Slay, Dave IS a member here...

Just like many other folks, he's a member of all the Forums...

Quite trying to stir the pot...

TT

To be bluntly honest TT and I assure you I'm not trying to stir the pot, I think Dave, who cannot be described as anything but 'outspoken' is getting a taste of his own medicine off Slay. Regarding the member who has been banned at RG, surely someone could act on his behalf regarding his recent purchases over there? Maybe the mod's here could contact the mod's over there on his behalf so as to keep everything cordial? :)

To be bluntly honest TT and I assure you I'm not trying to stir the pot, I think Dave, who cannot be described as anything but 'outspoken' is getting a taste of his own medicine off Slay.

Ya I know...

My first response was going to "pot, kettle, black"...

Every Forum has a couple...

:D

My guess is that your banning is based on your threats to make the PMs public. A quick, unexpected ban would make sure that you no longer had access to your PM box, and that what was intended to be private stayed private. I don't always agree with the way sites are run, and Repgeek has taken a proactive approach to keep controversy and drama away from their board. Not saying I agree with it, but thats the way they manage their house, and I'm not about to try and change their policy. We all have the freedom to go where we choose, but we must abide by the rules of the sites we visit. It seems that CBR was warned, and chose to ignore that warning, so he was shown the door. I think its a mistake on RG's part, but its their site.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Yeah, its probably pretty funny to you Dave... Get your dial and bracelet yet??? OH YEAH, hell hasnt frozen over yet has it?

As most of you know, I buy a fair number of watches from the forums. In total, I figure Ive bought 34 watches in the last 8 months from either here, RG or RWI.

26 of them from this site, 5 from RG and 3 from RWI.

This division can most likely be linked to my post count and amount of time spent on the other forums. A little over 150 hear and under 75 at each of the others. I basically only go to RG to see what is for sale.

In the last two weeks I have had some of the most ridiculous transactions and "near" transactions Ive ever seen on RG.

First I buy a Skyland with two dials and a bracelet only to get a watch with rubber strap and no bracelet or extra dial.

Then today I jump in to buy a watch only to get a PM from someone saying he has sent his PP info to three people, and the first to send payment gets the watch. It makes me wonder what #2 and #3 get???

And this evening I send a pm offering to buy a watch, immediately get a PM with PP instructions. I ask the seller if he can wait until 9am tomorrow for payment and he replies that he can. He then sends another pm to tell me that he is in NJ and that he will wait until noon his time...

Then 45 minutes later he writes again to say that someone else had already sent him payment.

SO, do all sellers over there act like its the wild west and that a buyer (or potential) buyer should have to deal with this crap?

I am amazed at the lack of common courtesy and etiquette on the other forums.

This is not a bash all other forums post... I am mostly posting to see of other cross-forum members have the same opinions and experiences or am I just the lucky one.

I know that some members here, consider one of the other forums "home" and this is not meant to offend. But when I look at things analytically and crunch the numbers... its not a very level playing field.

There was a thread the other day about, why we are HERE... THIS is why I am here. We may have our little issues, but at least 98% of the time when someone says something here it can be taken for the members word. And THAT I appreciate!

In responce to some here,i did talk with this gent about the skyland issue long ago,as i recall.

I do my best to help out,i get alot of pm's,all treated a completely different way then you see on the forum when i have some goon taking shots at me,i'm sure this poster can confirm that.

You get some weirdo's when doing sales,man...happens.

Anything else i can do,send me a pm,i've talked to you many times..... ;)

Guest carlsbadrolex

For the record, Dave was very kind! I did not quite understand why Centrino told me to contact him for info pertaining to the availability of the V2 dials and bracelets... But then again, Im not really a Breitling guy. I then did some checking and saw that he was pretty much the go-to guy for anything Breitling.

He was as helpful as he could possible be considering I dont think ANYONE knows when or if these things will be available.

Nothing was meant by my post Dave... I should have put a wink or smile at the end!!! I meant that I TRULY dont think anyone will be getting these!

I have now bought and received a complete V2 and will be doing some swapping to build one watch. I may even PM you with a couple questions pertaining to that if I may?!?!?

For the record, Dave was very kind! I did not quite understand why Centrino told me to contact him for info pertaining to the availability of the V2 dials and bracelets... But then again, Im not really a Breitling guy. I then did some checking and saw that he was pretty much the go-to guy for anything Breitling.

He was as helpful as he could possible be considering I dont think ANYONE knows when or if these things will be available.

Nothing was meant by my post Dave... I should have put a wink or smile at the end!!! I meant that I TRULY dont think anyone will be getting these!

I have now bought and received a complete V2 and will be doing some swapping to build one watch. I may even PM you with a couple questions pertaining to that if I may?!?!?

Thanks man,had me worried there..... :mellow:

Ya, i had sent an email to josh [censored] that i bought 2 Skylands (V1) and then a week or so later the V2 came out,Josh told me he would send bracelets and dials to whoever bought the V1's,i posted that on the forum,others contacted josh to confirm,i guess this 'centrino' was one of them....

He put up a sales thread for his V1,and mentioned the included bracelet would come from josh and he can supply confirmation from Josh,something like this....

I understood what he meant in his sales thread as i know the situation,you didn't know the situation and thought he had the bracelet with him.....as i said in our pm's...i can understand your confusion....i agree.

Josh tells me the bracelets will be available sometime this month,but i will tell you something....i have given away a few watches on these forums,and i will be giving away my blue skyland next week....when these bracelets come...if they do (like you said)....i will send you my bracelet for free....

You have my word on that bro,aside from the bul lshit on the forums,i like doing things like that....gave away a rolex DD bracelet the other day,if i don't need it or the few bucks,i give it away on the forums....

Like buying the rwg watch for $450 here,i have no use for that watch,but it was a good cause....so i bought it,no matter what the price was going to be as i stated in that auction.

i'm not what some think,and have no idea why they think it.

What on earth does this statement have to do with anything discussed in this thread?

Nothing at all. Intermember drama from other forums bleeding over here.

Seems that the internet isn't big enough for everyones egos to fit at the same time. (not directed at any person, just a general observation)

What on earth does this statement have to do with anything discussed in this thread?

it is a very common tactic that he employees regularly. when loosing the battle change the subject. it used to work for him but now that people are focused on the subject at hand it's not as useful as it used to be.

Greg i see you looking in...

i wasn't the bad guy at RWI when i gave away a SFSO to higgy was i?....

wtf...

i'm not what some think,and have no idea why they think it.

What planet are you from Dave, the statements above and your general demeanor on the boards are why people think it. Did you have any luck at RG regarding CBR's purchases? c'mon Dave show us a different side of you... B)

We allow free discussion of everything, but we don't want that people start to wash their dirty laundry from other forums here, or start any kind of inter-forum "he said, she said" drama. Let's not make it a habit anyway. Take it to pm, or to the forum(s) where these problems originated.

This thread has served its purpose. Closed.