When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO and SMP Chrono pics ..

lanikai

I had to get the PO Pumpkin in orange all around !!

so here are the pics with the PO genuine dial .. better pearl .... gen. crown and tube ... Chiefs AR .. just as good .. even better than the genuine.

and the new upgraded rubber divers strap...

Thank you R&J for the great work !!

96081498pr7.jpg

poandsmpchrono005jx4.jpg

This pic was taken with the Sun in DIRECT line with the crystal... btw this is the crystal from Chiefs first newly developed AR .. I will do a side by side "face off" with the genuine .. but not today..

Direct Sun on the crystal... :o........ my left retina is back to normal now.. :huh:

poandsmpchrono012op4.jpg

Very minute ... fraction of a gap from the strap to case..i am wearing it a little loose .. too hot to do otherwise..

poandsmpchrono009gi2.jpg86669504uv5.jpg

massive glare through the window.. I know you don't believe me looking at the crystal.. look at the hands and the dial..

poandsmpchrono026us3.jpg

poandsmpchrono028ao4.jpg

Now I like the SMP Chrono "MO BETA" translated means ... I LOVE IT.. with chiefs AR .. after getting it back from Rob during the winter.. the glare just ruined the dial .. and since Chiefs AR,.. has none of the "tint" look.... it just appears not to have any crystal.. I feel it does not take away from the rep to Genuine look.. but just adds aesthetics to it..

poandsmpchrono023pu2.jpg

Focus is on the bezel insert.. Morphs to metallic..

poandsmpchrono014zn2.jpg

BTW... this was my first crystal removal and press back... so if I can do it anybody can.. ;)

poandsmpchrono020ya3.jpg

Aloha~Cheers

R

Hey Lani,

Did you have Rob install a gen crown and tube in the SMP?

that is a must do for practical purposes.. as everyone know this rep is "super" but the weak link is the crown and tube... only about 35 usd from Ofrei..the crystal is very tight though unlike the IWC's and pretty thick gauge also.. FYI..

chieftang Posted Today, 05:18 PM

GREAT looking pieces there, lani. Love 'em both and have a pumpkin PO itch to scratch now!

Hat's off to you CT !! i am going to post a "side by" ... with the genuine possibly tomorrow.. B)

that is a must do for practical purposes.. as everyone know this rep is "super" but the weak link is the crown and tube... only about 35 usd from Ofrei..the crystal is very tight though unlike the IWC's and pretty thick gauge also.. FYI..

I already have the parts, I'm just trying to decide if I should tackle it myself or have Rob do it. I also have a gen date wheel that I may do myself if I can find the time.

I already have the parts, I'm just trying to decide if I should tackle it myself or have Rob do it. I also have a gen date wheel that I may do myself if I can find the time.

I need to get a tool to remove the tubes.. ..time to take off the training wheels.. and give it a go... I have the SMP to change the DW and the tube and crown.. figure I'll "practice on a dead movement for the DW and the Tube should not be that difficult.. :rolleyes::lol: yeah right...

dluddy Posted Today, 05:30 PM

Beautiful Lani...My PO crystals are in the next run and can't wait...

Can't believe I still don't have an SMP Chrono

Wow.. I can't believe you have no SMP..either... geez DL.. you have everything else though... :lol:

Thanks ALL for the WORDS.........PO makes me wanna slice a ice cold Orange...

Wow - what an incredible AR job by Chief. Love what you did with the SMP. Been thinking about doing that for a while now. Sorely needed despite the gen w/no AR...

Gotta do it !!!.. chiefs AR has practically NO colour ... it brings out the dial to the "MAX" since it is a beauty of a dial !!! .. bet no one will ever question the Coating .. but they will notice the dial !! I can't take my eye's off it now.. whereas previously I thought it a 'waste' with Robs work on the hands (painted red to match the markers) it is reborn for me.. the glare was the only thing holding it back for me..

Lani, you sold me with the SMP Chrono. I tried and tried and found it virtually impossible to get a decent pic of that dial, yet yours looks beauty... and on a wristie no less!

I gotta do that to mine, and my chrono avenger as well.

I think this is the most underrated rep out ... even Ziggy said it would not need anything but the hands repainted.. to match the markers.. and of course the tube/crown... I'm surprised not everyone that loves Omega has one..

the chrono has been my fav over the reg SMP it was just the obnoxious glare from the crystal.. :D

Lani, you sold me with the SMP Chrono. I tried and tried and found it virtually impossible to get a decent pic of that dial

Lighting... it's all about lighting.

smp_dial2.jpg