When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone paying attention to what is going on between Russia and Georgia?

Guest carlsbadrolex

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I saw this...I personally think with Putin still pulling the strings (and considering the comments he's made about America, the EU, etc) we'll be heading back to the 70's/ 80's in a decade or so...

All Russia is doing is protecting its borders from a hostile govt in Georgia and protecting the russian minority. The Georgians killed Russian Peacekeepers so for every action there is a reaction. What Georgians are getting now.

Malodiats Putin.

I find it supprising how georgia can pick a fight with Russia and think it wont get a bloody nose, they may be a US ally but allthe states has right now are harsh words, even if it did have troops to deploy iut would be the most stupid deplyment yet.

Based on the looks on the faces of Putin and Bush as they were chatting before the Olympics ceremony began no one looked particularly perturbed. I think this one dies down. Although Russia is heading back to the way it was (nationalizing all businesses, consolidating power, etc.) from what I read it sounded like Georgia was the aggressor. But who knows.

All Russia is doing is protecting its borders from a hostile govt in Georgia and protecting the russian minority. The Georgians killed Russian Peacekeepers so for every action there is a reaction. What Georgians are getting now.

Malodiats Putin.

I think this is Georgias affair, isnt it? Russia does not want others to intervene when it comes to Chechnya but they do the same [censored].

They should just stay the f.... out of countries that do not belong to them. Soviet Union is long gone, those are sovereign states!

Based on the looks on the faces of Putin and Bush as they were chatting before the Olympics ceremony began no one looked particularly perturbed. I think this one dies down. Although Russia is heading back to the way it was (nationalizing all businesses, consolidating power, etc.) from what I read it sounded like Georgia was the aggressor. But who knows.

This would be as if Alaska declares sovereignty and Canada helps them. Do you think amerika would just let Alaska go? DO you think Canada would have a right to give Canadian citizenship to all Alaskians? DO you think Canada has the right to attack the USA if the US sends troops to Alaska (and not to canada!) to claim its land back? I think not!

Many of these eastern block countries believe that by simply getting in bed with the West, e.g. donating troops to an America-led coalition, etc, they'll be automatically protected by the US. But Russia knows that the US isn't going to step in and is sending a message to all the other countries in the region that he's boss and don't expect the US to get in a war to save them. Georgia has closer ties to the West and has sought NATO membership. Russia can prevent this by establishing a military presence there. Does Putin necessarily want to take the republics? I don't think so. But he has been quoted as saying the collapse of the Soviet Union represented the 'greatest geopolitical catastrophe of the century.'

As much as I think the US should stay out, I think the same should apply to Georgia as well South Ossetia clearly broke away from Georgia, Georgia should respect that and let them go. The fact that they tried to sneak this attack in, while the world was focussing on the opening of the Olympic Games, shows that this was a planned act of aggression, and one which they had hoped would sneak under the world's 'political radar'. I think Russia is right to defend those who hold Russian citizenship/passports, and I would hope, that Bush's advisors can explain that to him. I only hope Bush stays the hell away, and doesn't let his itchy trigger finger drag us into World War Three. :ph34r:=@

Malodiats Putin.

I am sry, but this is BIG BS!

Russia business and interest is only naphta in Ossetia, probably Georgia is interested about that too. But Ossetia was( still is) part of Georgia. This is has to be between Ossetia and Georgia...but...as usually"BIG BROTHER" thinks that this is their problem <_<

Russia is BIG BS country and what they are doing in Georgia is BS , but as usually nothing new in this world. -_-

Dumat nada, ne br

georgia attacked south osetia using rocket system "GRAD" they pretty much destroyed the city and several nearby vilages. then georgian troops moved in and started a "clean up", no one was spared" kids, women, wounded. there are reports of tanks driving over people (kids too); people locked up in buildings and set on fire alive. they shoot at vehicles trying to evacuate wounded. this is a genocyde against osetians. georgia considers that that land belongs to them. Georgia recieved multi-million funding from USA to purchase weapons and ammunition. What ever is told on TV by western media is completely different from what is going on over there right now. I just got off the phone with my family members ...

Edited by mil_sub

georgia attacked south osetia using rocket system "GRAD" they pretty much destroyed the city and several nearby vilages. then georgian troops moved in and started a "clean up", no one was spared" kids, women, wounded. there are reports of tanks driving over people (kids too); people locked up in buildings and set on fire alive. they shoot at vehicles trying to evacuate wounded. this is a genocyde against osetians. georgia considers that that land belongs to them. Georgia recieved multi-million funding from USA to purchase weapons and ammunition. What ever is told on TV by western media is completely different from what is going on over there right now. I just got off the phone with my family members ...

And which secret FSB informant told you this....? Or have you been there yourself, undercover as a Georgian Spetsnaz?

And which secret FSB informant told you this....? Or have you been there yourself, undercover as a Georgian Spetsnaz?

Russia would NEVER go into this whit no reason that is the only thing we should care about as we are not Georgians nor Russians.

Russia would NEVER go into this whit no reason that is the only thing we should care about as we are not Georgians nor Russians.

Yes, and Russia would NEVER EVER Risk only 1 crippled retard soldier just to help another countries citizens out of goodwill!

the same applies to every other country. there is always a political reason behind every goodwill gesture.. is this news to you???

Yes, and Russia would NEVER EVER Risk only 1 crippled retard soldier just to help another countries citizens out of goodwill!

yes, russia.

was mainly speaking about slay and myself.

i understand you have a connection to one of the two.