When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake SD on timezone?

Leifhaus

:D Maybe that's my problem...I have WAAAY too much money invested in camera and glass. Maybe I should go and buy a cheapo point-n-shoot to do the watch stuff. :D

Once again guys: Regarding watch photos... camere means about 5% (MAX). 85% is about lighting and 5-10% is about the post-processing skill.

When you do photo compositions and use layers, for example, the post-processing skill plays a bigger role of course. I have shot watch pics with very expensive, top class cameras and with just standard Canon Powershot. There was virtually ZERO difference between the quality of my shots, providing the light was sufficient and properly spread around the lightbox.

It doesn't matter how good camera you buy, if you're not willing to practice and figure out the lighting. Just like buying an expensive Adidas soccer ball won't make you Diego Maradona (and automatically give you his drug and weight problems). :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again guys: Regarding watch photos... camere means about 5% (MAX). 85% is about lighting and 5-10% is about the post-processing skill.

When you do photo compositions and use layers, for example, the post-processing skill plays a bigger role of course. I have shot watch pics with very expensive, top class cameras and with just standard Canon Powershot. There was virtually ZERO difference between the quality of my shots, providing the light was sufficient and properly spread around the lightbox.

It doesn't matter how good camera you buy, if you're not willing to practice and figure out the lighting. Just like buying an expensive Adidas soccer ball won't make you Diego Maradona (and automatically give you his drug and weight problems). :D

Don't get me wrong, I agree 100%.

When I was talking about investing in equipment, I was talking about a light box. The comment about buying a cheaper camera was an attempt at a little self deprecating humor.

I understand photography pretty well and I know whats lacking in my watch shots. I just haven't had the time to work on a solution.

P.S. While it's not my main source of income, I have a side gig shooting the Colorado Rapids MLS team for an on-line soccer magazine. Totally different type of photography.

+1...we all watched the Dutch man literally "grow up" on this forum and the 2000 shows just how active he was here in his formative years.

I know.....its a glorious day....for all of us.

You know Robbie, some families give nice watches when their child reaches a certain age (or post count....), did I mention how much I like your UN, Tag, and Rolex?......Hint hint.....cough cough.....