When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally I can rest....

Well in my fun and interesting search for the perfect collection

of watches. Ninety plus,..which I estimate I have spent, about $8k minus trades...

have boiled down to Three panerai Two Iwc, and an Omega....

Pam 196-7753

Pam 212-7750

The New Pam 222

Iwc Gst Stainless - Black & White

Omega Smp 2000

All enough accurate, {excluding the 212} so I don't have to worry about

newer generations prompting me to go back in for another purchase....

I do have a few cheapies in transit for fun, alarms, novelty and such.. but I don't plan

on doing any more buying....

That is until a new release Zeniths, or Breitling Chronomats ever come around...

My wife would say that I wasted 8 thousand dollars on junk worth zero...

Maybe.. but how many people have the money to purchase 95 genuines

just to find out what make, style, shape, size and functions in the world of watches ?

I say not many... This experience has been invaluable to a watch lover....

and I regret not a second of this fun....

Worth every penny ;)

C'mon Kev... You know you'll be buying and selling again in a week! ;)

In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear that you've found what you've been looking for. And, yes... Sometimes it takes some money and time to figure out what you want, what works, what doesn't... But it's all part of the fun.

Cheers!

:)

I think you've narrowed your collection down to some of the finest without a doubt. All on my favorites list, but I'll add a FM Conquistador with 2893 (wish they made the King version) and a Pam 194 when it comes out.

I too have done my buying and selling of watches and straps. It give one the opportunity to really decide what they like best.

C'mon guy's this is an addiction...........nobody just up's and quits.........I mean it's not like you can just slap on a patch or something................Oh and I noticed that Kevin just purchased a Breit for Bently GT so he's not quiiiitte finished yet :D

Ken

Enviable patience yours.... but do you succeed in finding the way of wearing all? to me it happens to get tired soon of a watch and immediately to want another of it.... help... have been infected by a virus!!! a replica-virus !!!

I think it's hard to stop buying, after all, as long as you participate in the forums, eventually a watch will come along that you just have to have.

Also, I find that for myself, if I haven't bought a rep for a few months, I start to get antsy, like "I need to buy a rep soon" feeling. I start to consider watches that didn't interest me before. Most of the time I talk myself out of it, realizing I want to buy something just for the thrill, but will have buyers remorse once I get it.

It's diffucult.. no Doubt.. I just purchased a watch that was on the end of my list....

one that I was saving to purchase used, just because I prefer brushed cases..

but it popped up yesterday in the trading board... so I pounced...-- Bently GT :D .

Now I am through .. for a while at least..though after receiving what I thought was going

to be a cheap novelty in the mail yesterday, that turned out to be an outstanding surprise five star

jack-pot ..in all five areas...of Craftsmanship, QC, Material, Functionality,..and Timekeeping,..

plus it's a heavy 44mm.....so my determination is a bit rocked.... :bicycle:

Big Nod To Narikaa for his Fantastic Cricket, and Jlc alarms.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Can't wait for Neils TT 40mm Deville to roll in.... :whistling: