When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

please read !!!!

Guest eddielee11

maybe we have to make the forum more exclusive and to become a member you have to fill in more of yourself, if you you want to become a membership. It is to easy I think...

.. and make some rules how to behave and what to do if...and if you wil order a watch at the dealers. ( the mail klink sent me when I became a member on the old form, was a briljant gift for me as noob.)

Normally I am not so drastic, but I believe that the behavior of this member has put in danger the community. A reflection of everybody is needed. We are here as single persons but our actions he also reflects toward the others. As a discussion has been open regarding the avatars I believe is correct to open a discussion regarding the behavior of the single ones that strike again him on the other members.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you send payment without connecting your name to it ?

Someone bought a watch sending cash or some type of certified check without their name?

Dealer's don't send watches to PO Boexes do they?

I don't believe in the total fools. I believe people that make mistakes exists.

As the matter has been reported it makes suspicious me.

I don't know the identity of the member in matter but it is too much strange that that is happened.

I want to say it is too too much stupid. Doesn't it also seem to you ?

I reported me to sender of the packet... however it is possible to make all these things as it is possible to send money with paypal without having the credit card and an address paypal... I come from a community where these things are to the agenda.

the forum more exclusive

This would oppose with the general wish of the Admin to increase the traffic on this forum...

and make some rules how to behave and what to do if...and if you wil order a watch at the dealers.

Some rules is needed. A house without rules is as a ship without captain... cannot hope to face the ocean and to return in safe.

Some rules are needed. We open then the discussion on this. But if some rules have to be us for the members they have to be also us for all ... also for dealer.

I agree. I'm still a newbie, but I am a newbie who has already purchased 4 watches, and have about 5 more on my hot list. I'm not dumb enough to write "replica watch" on a customs form, but I did have to think about exactly what I should write when I sent my PP24 back to River. I wrote "birthday gift" in the item line, but the form asked for further description. For a minute, I had to think about what should be written in the description box.

Is there a sticky somewhere with tips on mailing items back to the dealers?

Ask the dealer what to write, they have more experience in getting packages through customs and what descriptions should be used.

As for the guy who sent that to EL, maybe he should send it back marked "Return to sender: REPLICA WATCH", so that guy will get fined and charged too?

Don't forget to include a bunch of fake emails in there between that guy and idealwatches (as an example), and if you are that way inclined, have the guy saying if this watch is good enough he will order 1000 more that he will resell.

I think I am going too far there though, I'm just waking up, and my back is a mess :(

Edited by Chronus

Maybe is it an idea to make rules for buying a rep at the dealers on this forum..

There are other forums, and this person may not even be a member of this forum... only one person can tell us that.

Edited by Chronus

Beyond the idiocy involved here on the part of the buyer, what is even more ridiculous is that if you do need to return something and notify Eddie he sends you explicit instructions as to how to send back. I suspect it is stupidity and not conspiracy. IMHO, the manufacturing and shipping of these items is only going to get more difficult.

Eddie-

Sorry to hear it happened. I do hope that you will, at a minimum, let other dealers with whom you are in contact know who the person is.

All the best,

Kruz

Beyond the idiocy involved here on the part of the buyer, what is even more ridiculous is that if you do need to return something and notify Eddie he sends you explicit instructions as to how to send back.

It's true, it's damn true!

Eddie will give exact instructions on what to write on the declaration forms, as well as the value. If in doubt, he can always be emailed about whether correspondence etc should be in the package.

deliberate?

come on... EL's watch is not cheap at all.

Why would he waste $200+ to hurt EL on purpose? He could have reported EL to paypal, Canadian Post, IP crime department,Interpol, FBI ... annoymously.

Okay, that guy doesn't have common sense. God knows what's he thinking.

I ve seen ebayers including the ebay, paypal email copy in the package. Also, some people don't want to lie on the custom form. It happens a lot on ebay.Maybe that's why he ignored EL's instructions. I don't think he can foresee the damage he has done.

Edited by cwai02

Now guy's to me it would serve very little purpose outting this member because it is quite obvious that he/she is not in fact a regular member.

Look at what Eddie said...........sent back for a loose crown guard..........package was marked replica Paneria..................package contained all Email correspondence between buyer and Eddie

C'mon folk's thats not dumb that's deliberate, either someone sent Eddie up or more likely it was a fly buy nighter.

Ken

Funny you should mention that Ken - your post mirrors my e-mail to EL.

I think these forums should have a system whereby dealers report odd situations to one of the admin people. Chances are, if someone is working a dealer, they are also working the other dealers, which would not be clear to any individual dealer, but would be OBVIOUS to someone monitoring reports.

For example, if three dealers report that a new buyer named ABCDE has asked for product return information, that would be a very red flag indeed.

Bill

Well, I need a new job... paying real money... not the $h!t I'm getting paid now ...

If there's a proper job vacancy available... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

For example, if three dealers report that a new buyer named ABCDE has asked for product return information, that would be a very red flag indeed.

I don't believe both a good system a forgery alarm could be produced.

As the problems with paypal have produced alarm.

Now the dealers struck by the frauds doesn't accept paypal.

You risks so that the dealers don't accept changes anymore.

Edited by MAHLER

deliberate?

Why would he waste $200+ to hurt EL on purpose? He could have reported EL to paypal, Canadian Post, IP crime department,Interpol, FBI ... annoymously.

"Waste" $200? I think you are missing the point, but I think that is understandable if you're not a lawyer or a cop.

By, "deliberate," he is suggesting that the whole thing was deliberate. Someone bought a watch and, unlike the anonymous complaint" that you reference provided authorities with all the evidence they need to pursue EL without making it clear that this was set up.

If it was a set up, this would be smart because it allows law enforcement to explain having all the available evidence, while making it look like the guy who did it was just stupid - thereby leaving him clear to snag some more dealers.

The facts certainly do not prove it was a set up from the start, but it is a possibility to be considered - especially since common sense says that investigators must be aware of these lists.

Bill

very well said El...

but i cannot think that anybody can be so stupid...yes I said STUPID...whoever you are, that made this STUPID thing...

well i don't know what to say more, because everything is said...but i am so angry just about thinking that somebody can do such a stupid thing!

LOL! Look! A Black Helicopter, Princess Di and Jack Ruby pilot and co-pilot!

You guys crack me up. The guy put "replica Panerai" on it because maybe he'd somehow get stuck for big taxes if it got intercepted on the way out. He included the emails because he wanted to be, like, extra extra sure eddie remembered he promised to replace it and didn't send it to the wrong place 'cause you know, damn it, he worked a lot of hours for that $200.

There are several hundred times more idiots than there are half-assed conspirators in the world.

Agreed, it is a bit of an extreme suggestion. "Locking" the door might not be the best idea, but leaving it wide open is a bad idea also.

The reality is, we are participating in the buying and selling of illegal/counterfeit goods...the more underground (see; hush, hush) we keep our little hobby, the better for members and dealers...

I hear ya, but I am not quite sure I know how to go half way. I do agree though that that some level of transparency would be ideal.. just not sure how to get there