When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

please read !!!!

Guest eddielee11

I've said it before and I'll say it again....flypaper for idiots....!

@Eddie.....I wouldn't send back the watch of anyone who behaved with such stupidity.....-he's putting you in harm's way...and that's as good as adeath sentence on any idiot that does it with me.....!

Only 3x things are guaranteed in life....death.......taxes.....and the fact that you do NOT want to f***k about with TTK.......I would hunt you down big time.....!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ass to do something like that.

Eddie now's me even if the watch dont work i dont shipp back i try to fix myself.

This is not kinder garden if the watch dont work stop crying and try to fix it :bangin:

Dealers shoud get more guidelines and make sure all people that buys now them 100%.

Cheers,

Dani

we need to name this person, Eddie, if you can, please let us know. or we really should have the buyer feedback section like ghostface said. what was that guy thinking? well, I take that back, he obvously was not thinking. it's really sad that eddie has to pay for all that money. if these morons keep doing this, eventually I think Eddie will be out of this game entirely, because of legal reasons. is that what you ultra new dumb noobs want to do. please think for crying out loud

@Eddie.....I wouldn't send back the watch of anyone who behaved with such stupidity.....-he's putting you in harm's way...and that's as good as adeath sentence on any idiot that does it with me.....!

The idiot will definitely file paypal complaint. :thumbdown:

What a ass to do something like that.

Eddie now's me even if the watch dont work i dont shipp back i try to fix myself.

This is not kinder garden if the watch dont work stop crying and try to fix it :bangin:

Dealers shoud get more guidelines and make sure all people that buys now them 100%.

Cheers,

Dani

good point DANI iv also repaired a few DOA watches that i have received in the past!

i will never risk sending a rep back to the dealer 1 :thumbdown: ITS JUST TOO SCARY trying to slip a rep thru customs . ill take my loses & keep the DOA watch , thats the risk you take when you purchase reps .

i tell ya the truth im kinda paranoid in making future rep purchases its getting to dam risky with watches comming from asia !

i hope our valued dealers came come up with a way to reduce the risk of reps been confiscated by cutoms !

call me crazy but im even willing to receive a rep parted out meaning that i would have to assemble the watch my self :rolleyes: thats if receiving watch parts willl reduce the confiscading problems .

do you guys know if customs will tinker around with the package if its labled USED WATCH PARTS ?

Maybe its time to stop accepting new members....

That would be a mistake. By and large, this forum and the dealers who participate here, benefit from all the members, including the newer ones. For the dealers especially, I would think new members = new blood. I do not disagree with the notion of blacklisting members who engage in bad behavior (just as dealers are) but with new members come fresh ideas and perspectives and without them you run the risk of becoming xenophobic.

This sort of lunacy happens regularly, and nothing ever changes. The only difference this time is the size of the fine Eddie's been hit with.

Beyond all the commiseration and messages of sympathy that we seen every time, here's a concrete suggestion: each current and new member of RWG be required to pay a $10.00 yearly membership fee. With over 2,000 members currently, that makes a kitty of over $20,000 to be allocated in situations such as these.

Our dealers are protected, as are buyers - subject to evaluation of the circumstances.

It's a simple and cheap annual insurance policy. What's left over at the end of the year can be used for maintaining the site, or even lowering the 'premium' the following year.

The fact of contributing $10.00 to a fund of this type might also create a sense of responsibility on the part of members so that situations such as Eddie's could be avoided.

Who can find a reason for not going ahead on this?

Eddy has always been good to us all; maybe it's time to start protecting our own...

That would be a mistake. By and large, this forum and the dealers who participate here, benefit from all the members, including the newer ones. For the dealers especially, I would think new members = new blood. I do not disagree with the notion of blacklisting members who engage in bad behavior (just as dealers are) but with new members come fresh ideas and perspectives and without them you run the risk of becoming xenophobic.

Agreed, it is a bit of an extreme suggestion. "Locking" the door might not be the best idea, but leaving it wide open is a bad idea also.

The reality is, we are participating in the buying and selling of illegal/counterfeit goods...the more underground (see; hush, hush) we keep our little hobby, the better for members and dealers...

I agree. I'm still a newbie, but I am a newbie who has already purchased 4 watches, and have about 5 more on my hot list. I'm not dumb enough to write "replica watch" on a customs form, but I did have to think about exactly what I should write when I sent my PP24 back to River. I wrote "birthday gift" in the item line, but the form asked for further description. For a minute, I had to think about what should be written in the description box.

Is there a sticky somewhere with tips on mailing items back to the dealers?

I'm in for 10 bucks

It shouldn't even be a question of contributing or not: if you want to become (or stay) a member of RWG, you PayPal $10.00 to the fund.

Not happy with that? There's always TRC, IWC and RWG1.

Myself, I feel more comfortable knowing that I'm giving something back - however nominal - rather than just taking, and letting others take the real risks.

I hope the forum moderators and the dealers themselves will consider this proposition and let us know what they think.....

It shouldn't even be a question of contributing or not: if you want to become (or stay) a member of RWG, you PayPal $10.00 to the fund.

Myself, I feel more comfortable knowing that I'm giving something back - however nominal - rather than just taking, and letting others take the real risks.

Yes, but right now this is your suggestion and not policy. I think it is a good suggestion...now go do the work to make it policy.

I'd be happy to participate in the implementation, but at this point, the decision itself is in the hands of the administration - meaning Admin and the moderators.

But it's not rocket science. Just a question of information, discussion, consensus and organization - most of which can be done right on the forum itself.

I hope the forum moderators and the dealers themselves will consider this proposition and let us know what they think.....

10.00 annual subscription fee is a good idea. The powers that be should make a decision regarding that as soon as possible.

Yawn.

I think I'll go play the slots.

Or cream on my jeans thinking of my next $300.00 Sub from good old Eddie.

(This is not directed at indenial's post just above - particularly since he agrees with my proposition - as much as towards all the ineffectual waves of sympathy emmanating from the other posts. If you guys are really unhappy at what can happen to one of our best dealers, maybe you should think of doing something concrete to protect them. For a measly ten dollars a year - were it required of all members - we could be both supporting the forum financially (instead of just a handful of us at present) and providing an informal system of insurance for both dealers and buyers in the case that something goes radically wrong. I'm not talking about the watch that arrives DOA or goes astray, but the occasional and authentic problems that arise - and which can be dealt with easily and with common sense.)

I feel that there is a very real need for a system such as this, and that once instituted, it would take the forum to a new level of quality and seriousness.

If there are individuals who feel that it all should be free, and that ten whole dollars is too exhorbitant a price to pay for the priviledge of belonging to, contributing to and helping to secure this unique community, I would reply that there is something seriously wrong with their value systems.

we need to name this person, Eddie, if you can, please let us know.

He wouldn't do it, because he is EL. But I am pretty much at awe here, even after he specifically asks not to put anything that identifies it as a rep in the mail, people still do it :blink:

Sorry to hear about it, Eddie. As everyone stated already, we have to be conscientious.

George Carlin once said "Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider (sic) than that!".

ryy I just got out of bed so I'm not at my sharpist yet, personally I don't think it's feasible, I wont explain my reasons here as I need a whole lot more time to wake before getting in to deep debate, however I will give you my promise to take your idea to Admin.

Now guy's to me it would serve very little purpose outting this member because it is quite obvious that he/she is not in fact a regular member.

Look at what Eddie said...........sent back for a loose crown guard..........package was marked replica Paneria..................package contained all Email correspondence between buyer and Eddie

C'mon folk's thats not dumb that's deliberate, either someone sent Eddie up or more likely it was a fly buy nighter.

As much as I respect Eddie as one of our premier dealers if he sticks his head out and takes a chance with dealing with these guy's there's very little we can do to protect him, name and shame means nothing when all that happens is we collectively say who da fuks that?

Eddie I really do hate seeing these sort of things happening to a great guy but honestly these outsiders (for want of a better name) have cost you a gread deal of money judging my the number of times you have posted on these kind of probs, before we can use the forum to protect you first you need to start playing within the forum......................of course here I don't really know the profit of dealing outside the forum may be worth the occassional loss.

Finally yeah like Neil I would have kept the watch it's the only retribution he will be likely to see.

Ken

I also feel that there has to be some kind of "quality control" for the buyers/members as well. I totally agree with Ryannon. Put up or shut up. If we have this little kitty that we can aid certain members or dealers out than am all for it. This would have been very handy in the Edge situation as well as the Dutchy situation. I'm in for at least $50.

Eddy

Hi ed,

sorry to hear this for you, realy [censored], was it not possible to refuse the packege?

Maybe is it an idea to make rules for buying a rep at the dealers on this forum..

Every member get a copy of it and they have to keep the rules. If some one is so stupid to [censored] with those "agreement" it is his own risk to loose his watch or money.

I think everybody must now how it works and what to do by problems

1.custom problems

2.paypal/ moneytransfers

3.shipping problems

etc etc

good luck

arthur