When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's happy with your Carrera?

tsailung

I have a Carrera Racing from King (when they were first released). Six or eight months ago it stopped working completely.

Now it lies in the dead watches drawer at home. Shame really, as it looks very good with the bracelet

Have you found a good leather one?

No but another member told me about a site called GlobalWatchband.com. I'm going to look them over and see if they have good prices. When it comes to rubber bands, go with a gen rubber band.

I tried a gen on at Macy's and its a totally diffent look and feel.

I was in Atlantic City this past Sunday at the Tornneau Shop at Ceasars Pier. They have a Carrea Racing Chrono and its a dead ringer for the Racing Carrea rep I was wearing.

I was able however to detect a difference with the rubber band. The gen had more of a supple appearance and feel.

• 1 month later...

The Carrera Racing w/ SS band (from CQ Out) is the first rep that i have bought and i love the watch. Some minor flaws are the slightly wider than the gen spacings between links in the braclet... and the noisy rotor when spinning freely. Other than that the watch is perfect. Next purchase is the 2004 omega seamaster GMT and of course the Tag Link Chrono.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my carrera from Trusty Time and its been ok. I got it with the chrono function on and it wouldn't stop, after sending it back it was fixed by him and it worked well. Then one day a friend decides to try the chrono and the same thing happens. Now its sitting at a watch-smith who says he can't get parts to fix it... The look of the rep was pretty good when I got it, only few flaws were the misalignment of the bezel and the blue screws in the movement. This would have been a great rep if the chrono could work properly once...

I have a Carrera Racing Chrono and I am very happy. It looks much better than expected, but it is in need of some servicing immediately. Needs a bit of oil to stop all the scraping sounds. I should have bought it with service as I think for instance Trusty Time can deliver.

Cheers :)