When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here's why the Breguet Marine Big Date should be repped

seanf

@seanf - Do you really want to know what i think of this watch?

lol

I dont like it much... boring..

Dizzy, you'll forgive me if I automatically discount your opinion on this matter. No offense, but when you told me that you still enjoy wearing your MC Hammer Pants out for a "fancy" dinner, I began to seriously question your sense of style.

As far as dress watches go ... I like Breget style. I would be in for one.

I've tried on the gen (which can be yours for the low, low price of about $10,000- $15,000), and the pictures don't do it justice. It's a great looking dress watch, and a pretty good size-- about 39mm, I think. Sucker is thick, too. The SS band has a really interesting mix of textures too:

DSCN5814.jpg

yeah, nice watch, but as usually rep date font and date window size will be wrong ....

Best rep is without date B)

For some reason, I thought I had heard (maybe from Taka) that one of the existing movements could be modified to accomodate a big date. Not sure, though. Isn't there a Breitling rep with a big date like that?

seanf...this is one of my favorite watches...I'd buy it in a blink of an eye...however my favorite is the one in rose gold...simply amazing!

I will keep my finger crossed that this one gets repped one day...I think I posted a thread once asking about the possibility to rep this one...

f_bregmar1212m_d251039.jpg

It seems like the Seagull 2892 clone (again) would be a good choice depending on the China mod module. In theory the base movement could accomodate a big date module.

The bottom line is that the BP is being done now as a supposed 1:1 and that has a big date so obviously they have the Big Date issue figured out somehow without using a total trash China movement. Which base movement it is is anyones guess. The only other issue is the center seconds which of course the BP does not have...

Beautiful watch... good size for a "dressy" watch too... might be the first watch I've seen that I would prefer on leather or rubber to the metal bracelet... I'd have to see it in person to make my final verdict, but the bracelet just overpowers the dial/case IMHO.

I'd be down for one if it was done with a decent movement and with good attention to detail.

seanf...this is one of my favorite watches...I'd buy it in a blink of an eye...however my favorite is the one in rose gold...simply amazing!

I will keep my finger crossed that this one gets repped one day...I think I posted a thread once asking about the possibility to rep this one...

You know, I really hate gold. Don't own a single gold thing in my house. Not even a belt. But I have to admit that I really dig that RG/black combination.

And I think this watch would sell pretty well. I mean, come on, we get a damn near 1:1 Graham Googly Eyed Monster Thing, but we don't even have a crappy Breguet on the books? And who looked at that DeWitt and said-- yeah, THAT's what the rep community is crying out for right now! Unlike a lot of other Breguets, I think this watch could be worn as a dress or as a sport watch (with the rubber band) equally well. I just wish someone had plans to at least consider repping this.

You know, I really hate gold. Don't own a single gold thing in my house. Not even a belt. But I have to admit that I really dig that RG/black combination.

And I think this watch would sell pretty well. I mean, come on, we get a damn near 1:1 Graham Googly Eyed Monster Thing, but we don't even have a crappy Breguet on the books? And who looked at that DeWitt and said-- yeah, THAT's what the rep community is crying out for right now! Unlike a lot of other Breguets, I think this watch could be worn as a dress or as a sport watch (with the rubber band) equally well. I just wish someone had plans to at least consider repping this.

LOL. I couldn't agree more. They'll rep complete monstrosities, but when it comes to gorgeous watches like this and the UN Maxi Marine Diver we get nothing.

Hey, not to nitpick this watch as I too think it is a really cool design, but check out the metal milling on the date windows - particularly the strip between the two sides. Pretty sloppy. I would expect much better finish work from Breguet of all companies. Seems like the outer dial ring is a bit rough in spots too. Wow...

Hey, not to nitpick this watch as I too think it is a really cool design, but check out the metal milling on the date windows - particularly the strip between the two sides. Pretty sloppy. I would expect much better finish work from Breguet of all companies. Seems like the outer dial ring is a bit rough in spots too. Wow...

Well, the Marine Big Date is the "entry level" for Breguet (not joking). But I mean, come on-- what do you expect for only about $10,000? If you want something nicer, you're going to have to at least look at their mid-priced range (starting at about $30,000). You get what you pay for, after all.

Can't agree with that bro. This is pretty out of whack for them. My UN diver is only $7500 and the milling is flawless. Actually so is my Steelfish which is only $2600...

Well, the Marine Big Date is the "entry level" for Breguet (not joking). But I mean, come on-- what do you expect for only about $10,000? If you want something nicer, you're going to have to at least look at their mid-priced range (starting at about $30,000). You get what you pay for, after all.

Can't agree with that bro. This is pretty out of whack for them. My UN diver is only $7500 and the milling is flawless. Actually so is my Steelfish which is only $2600...

I was looking at the prices of the current Breguet line, and it looks like median price for a Breguet is around E17,000 or thereabouts (around $20,000 to $25,000 in US):

http://www.thewatchquote.com/List-Price-an...tches-No_47.htm

With the exception of the Type XX and XXI (which don't even look like Breguets, imo), the Marine Big Date is just about the cheapest watch listed. It's about the same price at their Simple Classique.

Maybe its a rep?... or perhaps Breguet just employs rep makers in making its more "modestly priced" watches. :p