When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another DSN victim...

Guest farquar

I have only good things to say about Dave. I bought a 005 and a 177h from him and both were perfect right out of the box. the 177 got wet and he sent a replacement before the return got to him. I'm sorry others have not had it as good, but I think he is a good dealer and a stand up guy.

John

I am SO glad I just read this. I just attempted to send him $501.99 through Moneygram for a 111h. The payment was rejected for what they called a Suspicious purchase and would not elaborate. I got an e-mail from Moneygram to call and I told them he was an old friend I was repaying a debt to. They denied the payment. huh? Well I am glad of that now, I think. This was going to be my first PAM purchase so I wanted a good one and I knew they could be pricey but thanks for posting this.

If DSN is paying any attention to what his customers are saying you'd think he might try to get back to where he was. I'm one of those noob's who was ready to pull the trigger on his 111h, but not now....

Guest farquar
OK I just don't see it? Look at the where the DSN Crown covers the Base of the watch and then where at the top it meets the bezel? its the same as the HR , I think its the CG , can you put the HR CG on the DSN? What does that look like.

I have a Panerai Book an on the inside cover is a side shot of an Auto...........the Crown looks just like yours and its supposed to be a Gen.

I'm not defending DSN here, I agree his manner is abrupt and far from friendly at times, I just don't think your watch is that Bad...............also whose PVD do you prefer HR's or DSN'?

Hey there...DSN crown is clearly very off center, compared to HR...Even like 80/20, not the best pictures but believe me it is like I described. And no its not the same on HR, crown is pretty much dead centered on that one. Of course DSN pvd looks very cool compared to the shiny HR, so no comparison there, I think the PVD really looks neat with the blue 082 dial actually (AR is too dull though)..But it already has a deep scratch on it (Still an unworn watch) and PVD is not at all neatly done in the hard to get areas (lugs etc..) I have worn the HR quite sparingly, but at least the PVD seems rugged , not a scratch on it yet. Just too damn shiny.

I somewhat made my peace with him since starting this post. He agreed to send me the springbars after I told him Im not sending the watch back. As stated by many, good for parts, not a whole watch.

OK I just don't see it? Look at the where the DSN Crown covers the Base of the watch and then where at the top it meets the bezel? its the same as the HR , I think its the CG , can you put the HR CG on the DSN? What does that look like.

Dude, have another look at the base of the crown in both pics ;). In the top picture, it is pretty much inline with the base of the case. In the bottom picture, it's inline with the back of the edge of the caseback... That's quite a difference in allignment... :o

Just got my PAM115 and PAM218A from DSN, and his stuff is the shiz; he even threw in an extra strap (rubber tang dive), a OP pre-V buckle, and a spare mint condition PAM115 dial.

He is the bomb!

Now you have got to share some pictures of those 2, Crowns and all

ST4

had about 12 watches from Davidsen altogether.

slightly off - centered crown, yes, but hey....you buy a rep from china.

9 watches were absolutely flawless, 2 had ripped threads, i improved the gap of the CG to the case on some, flattened lever pins, small stuff like that.

what ever went wrong, Davidsen fixed it...or did send spare parts QUICK ( CG's - caseback - stem and crown )

while 80 % of all other Fiddy's exploded.....i never had a problem.

of course its a headache when something doesnt work out.....but hey....replica business.

still.... out of the box, the best modded package deal for the money.

i bought from other modders, paid way more.....and got worse quality.

i agree....you might have bad luck.....but.....you will always get a refund or another watch. he never scamed me !

Just got my PAM115 and PAM218A from DSN, and his stuff is the shiz; he even threw in an extra strap (rubber tang dive), a OP pre-V buckle, and a spare mint condition PAM115 dial.

He is the bomb!

Hi Fred,

Welcome to the party :) With the greatest of respect, people have suffered deals at DSN than ran into thousands of dollars (on individual deals, not accumulative value all together). I'm happy to hear that your deal went through smoothly, but, please understand, that there are others who have been seriously displeased with their deals with DSN, not only for some time now, but with alarming frequency. As above, pics of the stuff would be great :good:

Guest farquar
had about 12 watches from Davidsen altogether.

slightly off - centered crown, yes, but hey....you buy a rep from china.

I dont agree with this HU..Yes we are buying a rep from China but come on, that cant be an excuse anymore, as we are not buying 50$ a pop crap watches anymore..Look at the current level of super reps (Outside the pams, the grahams, the breitlings)..For a guy that specializes in just pams(10 years of ideas?) Dont you find the notches, the off centered crowns a bit silly? He basically sends out hundreds of defective cases and probably gets away with the majority of them.

Saying this, I still love the watch, even with the defects...All Im saying is he needs to up the QC and the people skills. Surely that cant hurt now can it...

Not trying to defend him but only want to share my experience:

I just ordered the PAM228 from him 3 weeks ago. I told him that the caseback is wrong. After many emails exchange, he agreed to make a new caseback to correct his reps.

You just have to ask him nicely.

That's good to hear. Is he sending you one to correct the issue with your 228?

I dont agree with this HU..Yes we are buying a rep from China but come on, that cant be an excuse anymore, as we are not buying 50$ a pop crap watches anymore..Look at the current level of super reps (Outside the pams, the grahams, the breitlings)..For a guy that specializes in just pams(10 years of ideas?) Dont you find the notches, the off centered crowns a bit silly? He basically sends out hundreds of defective cases and probably gets away with the majority of them.

Saying this, I still love the watch, even with the defects...All Im saying is he needs to up the QC and the people skills. Surely that cant hurt now can it...

+1

Other reps from other dealers manage to arrive without off-set crowns, so what's DSN's has excuse? As Farquar mentioned, he is sending out defective goods, and getting away with a majority of them. If someone complains, fine, they get a replacement. If there's no complaint, then no harm no foul as the person's happy. But. That still means that, happy or not, they received a defective case.

i had bought his ultimate 111h at the time he was considered a top PAM dealer (and manufacturer??) several months ago. some time before the Swiss Swan Neck movement was about to run out of stock. The deal had ran smoothly, the communication was very good and the watch is very high quality except that annoying thing "L swiss made L" very close to 6..

I cannot ingore other members stories but that is mine and i had been very happy with it.. So, where are we moving now? Which is the alternative specalized PAM dealer?

i agree with you 100%. and i had many threads on RWI about DVSNs QC problems.

from what i have experienced.....( am i fooled ? ) his quality became better ( less complaints, more people excited about his product )

- but then......when you are the one that gets a lemon, that totally sucks.

then its tough to control emotions....but, send him a friendly mail and he will make it ok.

He sent me the drawing of the new caseback and it has error because I gave him the 224 caseback picture :)

I ask him to correct it and he is cool with it.

The caseback will be done this Saturday. I post the picture of the new caseback that he will send me.

It is too early to say but in 4 days we will know the result.

Regardless, he is very responsive. He always answer my email in the same day even I only ping him anxiously waiting for my watch and ask him stupid questions.

That's good to hear. Is he sending you one to correct the issue with your 228?

He sent me the drawing of the new caseback and it has error because I gave him the 224 caseback picture :)

I ask him to correct it and he is cool with it.

The caseback will be done this Saturday. I post the picture of the new caseback that he will send me.

It is too early to say but in 4 days we will know the result.

Regardless, he is very responsive. He always answer my email in the same day even I only ping him anxiously waiting for my watch and ask him stupid questions.

Awesome result :good:

Guest farquar

Well..Slowly putting this thread to rest I suppose..Big thanks to everyone who expressed their opinion and shared their experiences, this is truly a great place to be...HU, I think he has some way to go to iron out the QC and the communication issues. Lets hope that he does, as he gives a unique service in the rep world, no doubt.

As I told before I already decided to keep the watch, its waiting for another amazing Red12 strap (Thank you Zack!), and DSN informed me that the springbars are shipped. So life is indeed good!:)In fact I just bought another DSN pam from Panera..YIKES! For me, this is the only way to shop for DSN products from now on, buy 2nd hand.

Edited by farquar