When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

X5 ROO bought , X5 same Tritium (lume) problem

SAS

At this day, I bought 5 ROO, 2 for me, and 3 for friends.

I have the same problem on all of them : the tritium witch compose the markers has turned from a bright white texture into a dark grey color, due to the simple exposure of the bright light of the sun (... its summertime...) even after several days, they don't come back to its original color.

I asked my watchsmith about this quite strange change, he answer me that it can happens sometimes when the quality of the tritium is very poor.

I must say I'm very disappointed cause I spend a lot of $$$$ into those famous ROO !!

I would be surprised to be the only one to notice this?

Maybe my body is getting radioactive !

Which versions did you buy? On the secs at 12 versions, not all of them have lume on the markers.....so the white paint it turning gray? Are u leaving them in the vegas dessert or something?

Bought the sec at 12 of course, white & grey dial and black & white dial. both has lume.

I would love to see some pics of the grey color lume after the "sun" mod! B)

I was considering picking one of these, but right now I am miles away from doing so...mvt, lume,...what's next?

....and not to forget the bad quality of the micro-thin rubber layer on the Rubberclad :cry:

I did not face the lume-fading on the ROO

The difference is really obvious, I'll post a pic comparing one witch had been exposed to the sun light and a new one when I get back in EU (I'm surfing in Bali actually, sorry guys...)

I could wrote the same description as PAM1A on his PAM187.

I am sorry to hear this. It is odd as no one else has reported this with the dozens that have been sold. Could it be the temperature or humidity in Bali? Did you buy all the watches from the same dealer? Well, I guess it is just another reason to take my time and wait to see what MBK's looks like.

When i read things like this i know again why i'm holding back buying reps of $500+ ... on a gen you have warranty, on the rep... well... that's always a surprise. And after paying the $500+ bill you will have to invest more to get it real good fixing the flaws like AR, lume, day/datewheel alignment etc...

Sorry to hear about the problems of your and your friend's ROO's, SAS... :(

• 3 years later...