When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bazz

The best way to get a Patina on the MF 1942 is to soak it, dry it (with a hair dryer) then soak it and dry again. Then rub and rub and rub with thumbs (you will get sore fingers) and watch the glossy shine appear. This will age it years in a day. You should not really oil leather. The best Patina I have ever seen is on the old horse leather WW2 US A2 flying jackets and I know they should never be oiled.

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

@docblackrock

Yea its a 1942, I have not done anything to it though I did leave it out in the back yard for a week when I first got it.

Another strap that gets a great patina is the gabo ones, they start off quite pale but darken over time (will look great with a pvd) I should have some pics of before and after if you want.

@Finepics

Thanks might give it a go.

Bazz, is that a 1942 strap??? Did you oil it? Has a nice patina...

Hmmm, may have to try this combo out for myself (have a 1942 on my 217) - looks great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Some other straps that get a nice patina to it from wear other than the ones previously mentioned is the PAV99(IMO the nicest color) and the MP8.

Eddy