When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sharper Image getting into watch biz.

dosanim

It is true. The way SI guy worded is very unclear. One sentense, it is Tourbi, another, Tourby-style.

I've seen Breguet Tourby @ AD not too long ago and it was gorgeous and facinating how tourbi was functioning. It is disappointing that SI is toting nothing more than Faux-tourby w/ chinese auto move as a rare value @ $400! Another reason to enjoy replica watches! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The way the copy is worded is really an insult to anyone who appreciates watches. It reduces the credibility of the company and approches the "Dr. Smith's Amazing Cure-all Elixir" school of marketing.

Am I supposed to think that these guys have discovered a way to make a 20,000.00 mechanical masterpiece for what...50.00 their cost? Maybe the Swiss watchmakers just pop these things out one every couple days and mark them up a million percent and then go on holiday for six months?

Replicacenter, Idealwatches, Sharper Image, say it isn't so.

The lawyers must have figured "tourbillon-style" is good enough to keep them out of jail. Caveat Emptor!

Send me $350.00 and I'll send you 2x 'tourbillon' style watches......one for you...one for your lady.......not only that...I'll throw in a watch winder as well......AND......I'll put a 'famous' name...like Franck Muller on the dial....so everyone will think you are a high roller......can't get better than that....BTW....mine are also hand-crafted in a Chinese workshop....>!

Ok after reading the discussion it probably doesn't matter anymore, but I came here yesterday and clicked the link and it kept timing out so I came back today and it's doing the same.............is it only me? :unsure:

Ken

geez... if only I had read that sharper image ad before I wote the description of this VC, ... i too could have gasped and murmured about the 'fortuitous series of events' that lead to my putting it up on watchtrader... and i am sure the movement was crafted by a team of highly skilled chinese artisans who were trained by swiss gnomes...

http://www.watchtrader.cc/forums/index.php?showtopic=2895