When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 7750 defective

aliates88

Hi,

on saturday I got my first good replica, a new Aquaracer. As I winded the crown, I noticed, that the rotor moves, when I turn the crown. I read a little bit at RWG and arrived at the

conclusion, that my reversing wheel is defective. Normally I don't wind my watches with the crown, but I shake (don't know a better word) the watch. So I don't need the crown to

wind the watch, do I have to repair anything or is it no problem, because I don't need the crown?

Greetings Alex

Thanks, I'm sorry to say that I don't know a good watchsmith in Germany near Stuttgart (thankful for all leads). Your advise is, that I should make a service anyway, don't matter if I use the crown or not. Abrades the watch faster with this bug? Because if not, the service hurries not (or am I wrong?).

Edited by aliates88

Yes thanks I came to the same decision. What should I say to the watchsmith? Should I just ask for repairing the watch, or should he clean and oil all other parts, too? Because I heard, that reps are often bad oiled etc.

And what would you say? "Hello Mr watchsmith I have a replica with an asian 7750?" Or do you have a better version?

Most of these movements are used & unserviced, so it is likely that the auto-wind module is just gummed-up & needs a proper cleaning/lubrication. Unfortunately, alot of watchmakers are unwilling to even work on a chronograph these days, regardless of whether the watch is a rep or a gen. It is actually fairly easy to remove & clean the auto-wind module on a 7750, but you do need to have the appropriate tools & knowledge to be able to remove the caseback & module (you do not have to remove the movement from the case) & then to disassemble, clean & lubricate the components.

I would contact the seller & see what he suggests. Otherwise, open your phonebook & start phoning all the local watchmakers or clockmakers in your area & ask them if they will work on a rep watch with an ETA 7750 chronograph copy? That will save you alot of time.

Or, you could just cut to the chase & ask the Zigmeister (Ziggyzumba) to schedule your watch for an appointment.

Sorry for noob question, but what is the problem with using the crown ? Because I do that all the time

Most of these movements are used & unserviced, so it is likely that the auto-wind module is just gummed-up & needs a proper cleaning/lubrication. Unfortunately, alot of watchmakers are unwilling to even work on a chronograph these days, regardless of whether the watch is a rep or a gen. It is actually fairly easy to remove & clean the auto-wind module on a 7750, but you do need to have the appropriate tools & knowledge to be able to remove the caseback & module (you do not have to remove the movement from the case) & then to disassemble, clean & lubricate the components.

I would contact the seller & see what he suggests. Otherwise, open your phonebook & start phoning all the local watchmakers or clockmakers in your area & ask them if they will work on a rep watch with an ETA 7750 chronograph copy? That will save you alot of time.

Or, you could just cut to the chase & ask the Zigmeister (The Zigmeisterzumba) to schedule your watch for an appointment.

Thanks. I did contact the seller, because I wasn't able to find a local watchsmith, yet. Let's see, what he suggests.

@freddy333 - I don't understand, what you mean with "to schedule your watch for an appointment". I thought the Zigmeister is in Canada and me in Germany (or am I wrong). So I am very unwillingly to send the watch to Canada(customs?). Or what do you mean? Howmuch I don't understand your last sentence, because I translate it wrong. Could you please clear me up?

Thanks. I did contact the seller, because I wasn't able to find a local watchsmith, yet. Let's see, what he suggests.

@freddy333 - I don't understand, what you mean with "to schedule your watch for an appointment". I thought the Zigmeister is in Canada and me in Germany (or am I wrong). So I am very unwillingly to send the watch to Canada(customs?). Or what do you mean? Howmuch I don't understand your last sentence, because I translate it wrong. Could you please clear me up?

I meant send the watch to Ziggy. But I was not aware there is a customs problem when exporting out of the EU & into Canada. If so, you will need to find a local watchsmith. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi,

my dealer anwered in the following way: "Make sure when you manual wind it is upright and facing you, not flat

down. and also wind slowly." I have done so and it works all good with this instructions. Well, but nevertheless I don't think it is normal, that if I hold the watch horizontal the rotor moves if I turn the crown, or what do you think? It's definitly not life-threatening for the watch, but I would like to know if it is defective or not or if the dealer should repair it or if I have to live with that. What do you think?

Greetings Alex

Edited by aliates88

that if I hold the watch horizontal the rotor moves if I turn the crown, or what do you think? It's definitly not life-threatening for the watch, but I would like to know if it is defective or not or if the dealer should repair it or if I have to live with that. What do you think?

Alex - the auto-wind module (the set of gears that wind the watch when the rotor turns) is dirty & requires cleaning. It is an easy job for any watchmaker to do. You do not even need to remove the movement from the case - just remove the auto-wind module, disassemble/clean/lubricate/reassemble & reinstall it.