When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guaranteed to stump at least 50 people!

Codammanus-2014

I'll give it a shot.

I'm waiting for my pizza though. And my Noobmariner (untraceable) and my jet.

So I can let this anxious solution fly.

It might be a bit boring though, because I stopped writing and formulating these things. I used to do it Here but I gave up when I realized you can't sell what you give away for free.

Not much of a market for these things anyways, but---hey.

Edited by Codammanus-2014

I knew that "objection" would come up.

That's why I posted this many posts ago

Just so I'll know where on the same page,

The object below has six (6) corners. I'm not counting "external" corners. Anyone object?

Rememmmmmmber?

It only has 3 corners (no-tech).

And I dropped out of college twice. So, I'm not much for book learnin' either. Have a go at the one on the Humor forum?

I think we'd make a good team. I give up too easily. You refuse to! A good team for what, I don't know. But I could use the "sticktuitiveness"

I know some are still looking for one of the shapes. Don't be shy. Just read above, it's there. :)

post-15987-1220560387.jpg

I have been watching this thread since the beginning, and having known the answer upon reading the question, I was surprised that no one answered when you clarified your definition of a corner, you all but gave the answer in your drawing.

My issue with this brain teaser is not totally with the answer, but also with the words chosen to ask the question.

the way you used the term conjoined is not exactly what it means. coinjoined implies 2 distinct things united or touching.

if you were to remove the triangle from the figure, there is no 'square'.

I am not sure there is a simple way to pose the question, but if you could substitute another word with the meaning you desire the question would be more sound.

having said this, if you do crossword puzzles, liberties like this are taken all the time.

I look forward to more puzzles and thank you for this great thead.

That's why I had to figure out how he was thinking.

Which isn't easy. I try to think like me and it never works.

I see what he's saying Pugwash. Those "tripwires" are not exactly accidental.

Besides,

if you were to remove the triangle from the figure, there is no 'square'.

Shoo, sounds like conjoined to me. (Although if separated, a conjoined twin can survive quite well).

In any case,

Yeah, you have to think like someone else for a minute. I have the privilege of making that person me. (I go through agony too when writing, so it's only fair).

:p

This is not to be condescending at all, but

I told the ones who would ask about the other shape to read above (that meant until you found the answer).

The number 4 is a PERFECT SQUARE, mathematically speaking.

But jmt, I do COMMEND YOU for saying what you said. (I think others were afraid to look dumb, which is not necessary--EVER).

Did I mention I didn't know about a triangular number until it was posted in this thread?

Thanks iceberg1459 for showing me.

And I'm almost 30.

not to bring watch talk into this discussion, but i am wearing my UPO today and noticed that my ''square'' does not have 3 corners... good old flat top 4....

I'm busy researching acronyms... bear with me....

I don't get it. Throw me a lifeline. I'd like to phone a friend. Seriously. Not the UPO part, the "Square" 3 corners/flat top/ thing.

Sounds interesting.

(Edit #13): Ooooh, was that a hint? I'm slow I tell you.

See what I mean?

"Flat top 4." Ahhhh...

Is that a flaw? Wait, don't tell me. I'll search first....

True story

One of my relatives said something sooooo simple to me one day. Something like "Are you talking about [name]?"

I got so furious that I did not understand what they were saying although I heard them perfectly clear, and I knew the person's name (was actually my sister's name).

When I said "Say it SLOW" (quite angrily) I got it.

Is there a name for that? In all seriousness. True story (and not the first time).

Update: Too bad on the flat top 4. Bad date font. You didn't ask for a pic of the date font or did they do one of those shots at an angle where they hide the date (I've seen that plenty of times).

BTW,

Can you go Off topic on an OT thread? I better switch back to numbers then.