When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Pre-V case?

rmcsherry

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

To keep costs down a CAD drawing would be much better than measurements. The actual milling is the easy and comparatively inexepensive part. It's the design and prototype piece that kill you. To be sure a case can be made from a blueprint or even from measurements, but you're talking about another 1k-1.5k in startup costs. Divided by, say, a 20 piece run, that's $75 per unit on top of what will probabl;y be a $250 case to begin with. With the talent pool at RWG i refuse to believe we don't have someone who can do a CAD drawing with a few hours work.

just to bring this back to life.. theres a guy on repgeek that can do cad drawing i think.. but what kind of cad drawing do u actually need though? i kind of have a panerai 202/a blueprint i think somewhere i'll send it over if you want :)

• 3 months later...

Well I just received a Getat SS case and I'm here to debunk the myth that this is a good Pre-V case option. I've heard a lot of folks on mention this case so wanted to try one. While a very nice case - it is no different that a standard case and is very similar to the Ultimate E series cases Angus and PT were selling.

It does not, however, have the desired squat and chuncky Pre-V lugs.