When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thinking of selling my 289X Pam 029

tenacious_b

Guys,

I need some help. I am thinking of selling my a watch that is very special to me, as it got me started in this hobby more than 3 years ago. I am speaking of my Panerai 029 with the eta 289X that I got from Eddie Lee over 3 years ago. The watch is completely unmodded and I have it on a basic Panatime Croc-a-like leather strap with a non-branded thumbnail buckle. Has minor damage to one of the lugs, but it is minimal, and if polished, would be barely noticeable. All joking aside, what would be a reasonable price if I were to try to sell this on the forum?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bryan

i think dluddy is pretty much spot on with his price range.

my only other suggestion would be this -- if you're considering doing an RWG auction, i'd set the reserve at a price you would be happy getting for the watch. i sold a somewhat rare piece a couple weeks ago using the RWG auction, and it didn't attract the attention (or price) that i was expecting...kind of disappointing to be honest. i set a relatively low reserve price thinking there is no way it would sell for anything close to that, and to my surprise it came in almost right on top of the reserve :o

regardless, good luck with the sale :victory:

deltatahoe

I beleive that 700$ is a fair price for a piece like that...just look at the numerous reps that are priced at 500$ or in that range...they cannot compete with a ETA2893 powered watch...

this is a sold out model and it should have a starting price (unmodded) at 700$...

the mvt is the same one as in the gen...what does have a AP ROO or Breitling Flying B to be priced more than this...nothing...they have less...

don't go lower than 700$!

I'm thinking of selling mine too, although mine is fully modded.

To answer your question: It depends on which 29 you have. Decorated movement? Individual serial #?

If you answered those 2 questions no and you have a 100/500, unmarked 2892 PAM29 it'll sell in 30 seconds @ $500 and within 24 hours at the far more reasonable $700.

If you answered those 2 questions yes and you have a "honpo" 29 you'll sell it in 30 seconds @ $500-700, probably to someone who just opined that $500 to $700 is somewhere near the low end of reasonable. It ain't.

Here are a couple facts to consider:

These babies were $600 or more new, when you could get them which you haven't been able to do for 2 years.

Several unmodded, faux PVD 28's just sold out at $829 on ioffer.

Undecorated 2893's sell for nearly $400, if you can get them.

My advice would be to list at $850 and let the bargain hunters stick to their DSN versions. You'll sell soon enough to someone who knows what the'd be buying...

I'm thinking of selling mine too, although mine is fully modded.

To answer your question: It depends on which 29 you have. Decorated movement? Individual serial #?

If you answered those 2 questions no and you have a 100/500, unmarked 2892 PAM29 it'll sell in 30 seconds @ $500 and within 24 hours at the far more reasonable $700.

If you answered those 2 questions yes and you have a "honpo" 29 you'll sell it in 30 seconds @ $500-700, probably to someone who just opined that $500 to $700 is somewhere near the low end of reasonable. It ain't.

Here are a couple facts to consider:

These babies were $600 or more new, when you could get them which you haven't been able to do for 2 years.

Several unmodded, faux PVD 28's just sold out at $829 on ioffer.

Undecorated 2893's sell for nearly $400, if you can get them.

My advice would be to list at $850 and let the bargain hunters stick to their DSN versions. You'll sell soon enough to someone who knows what the'd be buying...

good post :) its rare watch 800+ is no overprice at all..HBB for 510 is overpriced,

The 029 is a gorgeous watch. I might not wear mine often, but don't take that to mean I don't like it :lol: It is a really nice looking watch. Incredibly versatile in appearance, a broad scope in functions, so with an ETA movement, I can't see you having any problems selling it for what it's worth :) Best of luck with the sale :good: