When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What are YOU thankful for?

Nanuq

I was just thinking about how good life is to me and my family, and it occurred to me that I am surely not alone.

So tell me, what are YOU thankful for?

Me, I'm thankful for health and a strong body, my family, my friends, and for opportunities in life. :tu:

I was just thinking about how good life is to me and my family, and it occurred to me that I am surely not alone.

So tell me, what are YOU thankful for?

Me, I'm thankful for health and a strong body, my family, my friends, and for opportunities in life. :tu:

I second that sentiment, Nanuq.

One year ago I had just had surgery on my achilles tendon and was stuck at home with a cast on my foot. One year later I can get back on my bike and feel pretty damn strong even riding up hills. I can hike and enjoy the beautiful mountains and trails near where I live.

My dad is having a tough time, having moved into a senior apartment and (since December) doing kidney dialysis three times a week, and my mother-in-law may pass away in the next few weeks. They and others of their generation know their days are limited, and yet they live every day with relatively good spirits and with class.

I love my wife and enjoy and appreciate our house.

I think about the people who lived and grew up on my street in the years and decades past, and the people growing into adulthood today. I wonder about the people who are living in houses that I have lived in, and schools that I attended, and what their lives are and will be like.

I remind myself that we and our ability to enjoy this planet are all temporary. So we'd better enjoy our time here, with good food, friends, laughter, appreciation for nature and different ways of thinking and being.

I enjoy my work and I am thankful for that.

I try to thank the people around me for being there.

I am grateful that we can enjoy a space such as RWG. Ten years ago this community would not have been possible.

I'm thankful for everything which Allah has given me in my life. Even for things He has taken away, or sent to try me, as I know that I can only grown and learn from those experiences, so I am thankful for them too :)

Completely off topic but I just saw your signature with the Treadstone Art.....wicked! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

it's funny that you mention this nanuq -- i've told many friends that the last couple months have been particularly rich for me. leaving a city that i've lived in for six years has really been an eye-opening experience. i was blessed with lots of deep relationships in sf, and pulling up the roots and moving to another city helped me recognize how thankful i am for those friendships.

at the same time, as i turn the page to a new chapter in life, blessings have continued to abound, from big things like finding an incredible place to live to the countless little details that have fallen into place along the way.

i'm also thankful of course for great watches and the little pleasures that they provide, but they pale in comparison to the more meaningful things in life. that's why it's the people and not the watches that make RWG such a great place.

deltatahoe

I am thankful for the abundance of single, professional, attractive women in the Greater Atlanta area. I often reflect on how lucky I am that half of the men around here are homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that). I also realize I am lucky that (for what ever reason), they find me attractive too. I will never forget how good the last 6 years have been to me and how great the prospects are year in and year out. I will neither become arrogant or complacent and will strive to remain a humble mammal doing what mammals do for as long as this bountiful harvest showers me with its delectable fruits.

I am thankful for the abundance of single, professional, attractive women in the Greater Atlanta area. I often reflect on how lucky I am that half of the men around here are homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that). I also realize I am lucky that (for what ever reason), they find me attractive too. I will never forget how good the last 6 years have been to me and how great the prospects are year in and year out. I will neither become arrogant or complacent and will strive to remain a humble mammal doing what mammals do for as long as this bountiful harvest showers me with its delectable fruits.

Best post....ever. :lol:

I'm thankful for the fact that most of my close relatives and friends are healthy. I'm also thankful that I came to my senses and didn't completely ruin my own health with the extreme sports I used to practice in my youth.

Too many people neglet their health and don't respect it enough... until they no longer have it.

I'm thankful for the fact that most of my close relatives and friends are healthy. I'm also thankful that I came to my senses and didn't completely ruin my own health with the extreme sports I used to practice in my youth.

Too many people neglet their health and don't respect it enough... until they no longer have it.

Roger that, my friend... a few hundred stitches later, I can agree with you "from the other side" of the learning curve.

At least, I *think* I'm over the learning curve. I hope.

Yikes!

i'm thankful i'm alive & kicking, getting stronger and playing with my kiddo

this time last year i was bed-ridden since i was recovering from a dozen (or so) orthopedic injuries

AFTER recovering from numerous internal injuries which resulted in me being plugged to the wall for simple survival ... not fun but pretty memorable