When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOS Situation! I ruined my Euromariner?

im2

Hello all,

This seems to be my saddest post ever... :(

I decided to start a Sub project based on the Euromariner... The transaction with Chris went perfect.. i ordered a WM insert, some tools for opening and resealing the sub from watchpart dot uk, and started to do the very first thing that proved to be a nightmare: Open the bezel

i followed these pictorials

http://www.watchgeek.com/bezel_install.htm

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=8561

that looked really easy an indicated that there is no need of extra force... "the bezel will pop out" .. But this did not turned to be like that... I found myself using a lot of force and the bezel did not popped out ... At last it did.... but with the whole crystal leaving the watch... kinda convertible car! I thought that this was not the case described in the pictorials and tried to disassemble the crystal and the bezel but.. no luck at all!!! Then i tried to put the whole thing (bezel construction and crystal) back on the watch but it denied to do me that last favor... I am really worried about how the things went... Please... any suggestions???

I uploaded a pic on the situation of the watch....

Please my fellow modders... give me some advice... :please:

post-9867-1222106678_thumb.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so there is nothing to worry about.

The retaining Ring comes off with the Bezel too.

Try to pull the Glass off,after that you must get the Bezel

from the retaining Ring.

But don't lost the click spring.

After that order a gen or good aftermarket crystal

include gasket and put all together again.

I agree with Tribal. No big problem here.

You should be able to press the bezel off the crystal by holding the bezel with your index fingers & pushing the crystal out from the inside with your thumbs.

It looks like the white gasket is still in place on the case. Remove the gasket. Then, clean the crystal & gently place it back onto the case. Then place the gasket (evenly) around the base (bottom) of the crystal.

Then, press the insert out of the bezel. You can then do whatever it is you have to do with the bezel & then press it back onto the case.

Thank you all my (platinum) friends!!

Well, you were EXTREMELY helpful ..at least concerning the psychological issue...

BUT the crystal refuses to leave the whole bezel thing... I push really really hard but nothing happens... I asked Chris if the glass is glued but he said it isn't and that i will manage to press it and make it separate from the bezel construction ..But this doesnot seem to happen and this is what worries me.. (well... i am not superman...but i am quite strong i guess for the job..) Another question... When you all managed to change the insert etc etc.. and tried to pres the bezel back in with the crystal. did you face the same resistance??? What did you do? Thanx again! A million times

im2-

You should be able to simply press the crystal out with your thumbs. If you are unable to, perhaps you might consider employing the assistance of a crystal press. MIght make things easier.

When putting everything back together- Start with the crystal and gasket and simply press onto the rehaut lip. Once the crystal is aligned with the cyclops at 3:00 and etch at 6:00, you can press the retaining ring on over the crystal and gasket. This may be somewhat difficult to achieve without a press, so again, if you have one this would come in handy here.

Hope this helps...

R

im2-

You should be able to simply press the crystal out with your thumbs. If you are unable to, perhaps you might consider employing the assistance of a crystal press. MIght make things easier.

When putting everything back together- Start with the crystal and gasket and simply press onto the rehaut lip. Once the crystal is aligned with the cyclops at 3:00 and etch at 6:00, you can press the retaining ring on over the crystal and gasket. This may be somewhat difficult to achieve without a press, so again, if you have one this would come in handy here.

Hope this helps...

R

Thank you R... I think this is the point... that for this certain watch a crystal press is needed since a cannot simply press the crystal out with my thumbs...... [censored].... :( The budget for this watch is climbing ultra high....I saw at offrei that i will need 300$ for a decent crystal press.... Any RLX specific my modders-friends ?

no need to worry, ive taken my sub apart compeletey and held a lighter to the crystal for 5minutes turning it black... in other words you didnt break anything... i reassembled using a $20 crystal press and it worked fine for me... your biggest worry should be about getting dust and debris on the exposed dial, i can never seem to get rid of it all once i remove the movement and dial, even with rub off. but im very picky about little things being just right.

either way --NO worries youll put it back together as good as new and learn something about it in the process

your biggest worry should be about getting dust and debris on the exposed dial, i can never seem to get rid of it all once i remove the movement and dial, even with rub off. but im very picky about little things being just right.

Either a dial brush or Rodico (both available from ofrei, cousins, jules borel, etc.) should be able to remove the dust/debris that collects on the dial. But it is always best to cover the exposed dial when the crystal is removed. An upside-down wine glass will do.

Like the others said, you do not have to invest in an expensive crystal press. In fact, you can use a small vise if you are careful & place something between the vise's metal jaws & your delicate watch case to protect it. But whether you use a press or a vise, you will still need some type of die or guide to direct the pressure onto the bezel or crystal. Bergeon makes a number of die sets which are available from the previously mentioned parts suppliers.

Either a dial brush or Rodico (both available from ofrei, cousins, jules borel, etc.) should be able to remove the dust/debris that collects on the dial. But it is always best to cover the exposed dial when the crystal is removed. An upside-down wine glass will do.

Like the others said, you do not have to invest in an expensive crystal press. In fact, you can use a small vise if you are careful & place something between the vise's metal jaws & your delicate watch case to protect it. But whether you use a press or a vise, you will still need some type of die or guide to direct the pressure onto the bezel or crystal. Bergeon makes a number of die sets which are available from the previously mentioned parts suppliers.

One last question, The crystal presses are meant to press the crystal and bezel back right? Can i use it to pop the crystal out of the bezel as i am now facing this problem?

I found this to be interesting... Can someone tell me which one (or two..) of these http://www.ofrei.com/page1164.html or http://www.ofrei.com/page1166.html can do my jobs? 1.Popping the crystal out of the bezel construction and 2.Putting a crystal,bezel and case of a sub back together.. ? Which econonomy press can i use with it?

Yup- the press can press things both on and off. Any press will do; simply place a die of slightly larger diameter of what you're pressing out under your object, and use a die that is the same diameter of the object you are pressing out to push the crystal out. The larger die will catch the crystal as it's pressed out.

To press the ring on, simply use the die that is larger than the crystal (but same or similar diameter of the ring) and press the ring on over the crystal.

looks like the same awful construction like on mine -

what you need now is a CLARKS crystal + the ret. ring -

remove the old glass : use the force Luke :)

and remove the old little plastic ring inside the bezel.

then use the Clark parts and bingo ;)

cheers,

Frank

looks like the same awful construction like on mine -

what you need now is a CLARKS crystal + the ret. ring -

remove the old glass : use the force Luke :)

and remove the old little plastic ring inside the bezel.

then use the Clark parts and bingo ;)

cheers,

Frank

Thanx Frank... U finally appeared!! :D but... which one of these : Ebays Clark Crystals in UK ???

I'll have to get one to. I think the part number for the crystal to a modern sub it's 25-295c. Some times you can find the references 295c1 and 295c2. I think that it is the same crystal but the gasket that usualy cames with it is has some diferent measures being c1 or c2. But maybe someone here beter than me can clarify this.

I'll have to get one to. I think the part number for the crystal to a modern sub it's 25-295c. Some times you can find the references 295c1 and 295c2. I think that it is the same crystal but the gasket that usualy cames with it is has some diferent measures being c1 or c2. But maybe someone here beter than me can clarify this.

yes 25-295-C is needed.

cheers,

Frank

here is a nice chart :

R20_097.jpg

R20_098.jpg

Where can I find this fabled "clark crystal" ?

The site I found wanted $50 for one!

http://www.ofrei.com

clark can be found on ebay

searching for 295c or 295 c should find you a few crystals, you will know when you've found clarked.

its worth mentioning that some members mentioned that the ofrei crystal having a bevel like the gen crystal.