When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidon's new 111H - 177H dial is here and I own one!

tanya

THis is Davidson's beautiful new 111H (for my purposes it will be a 177H dial) dial. Just arrived yesterday and already sent off to go into my custom hand built 177H (along with a genuine Ti crown from our favorite Turk !!)

So here it is, David's new 111H dial (Photo's courtesy of David)

DSCF8989-1.jpg

DSCF8988.jpg

and Rex will be putting it in her for me

P1010858-1-1.jpg

please discuss

So many views and not one comment? Guess DSN is not flavour around here

IMHO it looks very good, great spacing on the swiss made, it glows like a light saber, the 12 looks fine, maybe a little wide and white on the words but all in all really nice

If he gets the destro to the same standard I will be up for one to.

The crown on you 177 look awesome , is that the new one? have you had any luck with the Turks crown?

look forward to the finished result

ST4

this repgeeks dials L SWISS MADE L looks a bit off the center, but I know and I expect it to be just a photo optic failure.

But anyway I still like DSN one better, looks more gen to me :)

So what we got now? V's CG, t crowns, DSN real shaphire, this one dial here and hands, better and better movements that we can get an almost 1:1 rep pam? For like, what? A price of a used gen?

This RepGeek's guy dial is WAY better than DSN'd.. look at the L SWISS L font.. amazing!!! plus i cannot find any flaw on it :)

I agree. He is a watchmaker in Korea and this is pretty impressive. However, he wants $200 for the top dial only and only does wire transfer...

There is quite a bit of discussion about this dial from Little Hero @ the geek. Its expensive at $200 but look at it - nothing comes close really. It comes with the top dial only as stated. No back plate and therefore no lume either. Its important to get a nice colored lume also which isn't too ivory/yellow like DSN's above which is on my 176. I plan on grabbing Little Hero's 112 dial (he's making 112/111/210/183 I believe) to go into my DSN dial 176H. The ivory text on LH's dial will really make the difference to the current DSN dial I have on my 176 which is very much a crisp white.

Edited by elisiX

There is quite a bit of discussion about this dial from Little Hero @ the geek. Its expensive at $200 but look at it - nothing comes close really. It comes with the top dial only as stated. No back plate and therefore no lume either. Its important to get a nice colored lume also which isn't too ivory/yellow like DSN's above which is on my 176. I plan on grabbing Little Hero's 112 dial (he's making 112/111/210/183 I believe) to go into my DSN dial 176H. The ivory text on LH's dial will really make the difference to the current DSN dial I have on my 176 which is very much a crisp white.

I dont think 200$ is too much for such a perfect dial :)

I happen to think the DSN parts aren't bad, but I am biased.

I just completed the transplant of the new 177H dial into my stock cartel rep.

Firs the 177H fresh from the factory, even with rep strap.

PAM177H.jpg

Then the 177H after dial, cannon pin fix, DSN crown, and superlumed hands:

P1010551.JPG

P1010552.JPG

I think that the L SWISS placement is decent on the new DSN dial, and the cross bar in the As are a little higher compared to before.

The korean top dial seems to be too bold in the LUMINOR etc... to me at least

I think the DSN dial is way better than the standard rep dial. I have one on the way.

But that Little Hero dial is as close to perfect as I've seen.

I'm with V on the cost. I don't think $200 is too much to pay for a dial of this quality. I'm definitely going to see about getting one of them.

So let's see.

$228 - Original watch from Andrew with dagger swan neck

$200 - V CG

$ 40 - T-60 crown

$ 85 - DSN sapphire crystal

$ 45 - Chieftang AR

$200 - Little Hero dial

$100 - Lume dial and hands

$ 75 - Cannon pin fix

$100 - Movement service

----

$1073 - Total

That's about 20% of gen cost. It better look DAMN close... :D

If this one ever goes up for sale, I'm sure to get some :o reactions at the asking price. :D

I think we should organize a group buy and see if we can get the cost of his dial down.

I agree, there's no debate that LH has the best dial, the debate is what the actual product looks like, as I haven't seen any installed pics or reviews from people who have ordered, and of course, whether it's worth the $$$ even if it lives up to its pictures.