When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Breitling 'regular' SO

Rolexman

Well it looks pretty nice, apart from the Asian date font. Due to the case back, bracelet and HEV, I think it's our old SOSF with a different dial combo? Not exactly an accurate rep. The pearl looks much better though!

A genuine can be found second-hand ranging from Euro 700,- and up....It's sort of a starters Breit IMO ;)

The rep would make a nice daily beater! .... too bad the price is way too steep (especially considering the ETA is probably a clone)

http://www.joshwatch.com/bl02014-superocea...242-p-5107.html

82368410ee0.jpg

49157973qn9.jpg

13399952hb0.jpg

Well it looks pretty nice, apart from the Asian date font. Due to the case back, bracelet and HEV, I think it's our old SOSF with a different dial combo? Not exactly an accurate rep. The pearl looks much better though!

A genuine can be found second-hand ranging from Euro 700,- and up....It's sort of a starters Breit IMO ;)

The rep would make a nice daily beater though! .... too bad the price is way too steep (especially considering the ETA is probably a clone)

I'd rather get a pre-owned gen, given the price of this rep...

I thought there was currently 2 versions of SuperOcean?

1 being the one with painted numerals (the original US Navy issue?)

the other being the Steelfish X-Plus?

and now we have the current Steelfish with triangular seconds hand

has the gen numeral version been discontinued?

I believe the bracelet serial number placement is also innacurate. if it comes on the pilot professional 2 style braclet, it should have the same markings as the steelfish.. idk about this for sure, im not claiming it to be a fact, but im almost certain, also, the other features noted by memebers plus price point.

however, concerning price, it is a fair observation that most of us, my self included have at least one or more gen pieces in there collection. those who do not have certainly invested enough money into projects that they could easily afford to purchase the gen. so at some point the watch collecting of reps becomes like owning a piece of contriband artwork. how close can the factories come to producing clones of the worlds most prominant lux brands? At what point will we decide to simply purchase the watch baised on whether we like the looks andf npot whether the case hole lugs are drilled within .000002 centimeters of the orginal, or some other detail no except a brietling or rolex representative would ever notice just my two cents, sorry, it must be the espresso :p

Am I the only one that noticed that the font on the bezel are completely wrong? No open 4 on this model and no serif on the 1.

Yep, the bezel is wrong. The case back is wrong too. It has 2000M when the dial has 1500M.

It looks like the dial dots at each numeral are too big when compared to the gen.

The numerals seem to be off too. Notice how the gen has a "3D" effect...here is a crappy pic of my gen:

IMG_1282.jpg