When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Proud Supporter is honoured to introduce...

Hongkytonkman

Hi RWG :)

Been here half a year now,

and since my first day here I have gained & received tremendous amount of information and tips

from many ppl here at RWG.

Due to this warm welcome by RWG, I have decided to contribute to the forum(not much but...) by being a proud

RWG supporter from today.

And as a supporter, I might as well show one of my collections for you guys to enjoy.

I have yet to acquire huge amount of expertise like the majority here at RWG,

but hope one day I can melt in to the community with all of you.

This is my modded 111H,

not fully modded <yes I need a V-CGs and some improvements on the back side, swap CDG bridges and accurate engraving>

but still satisfactory project that may be the best 111H up to date.

Thanks to Vaccum for the Vaclume, Tourby for the nice T-Crowns, and LH for the near perfect dials.

FRONTSHOT2.jpg

FRONTSHOT3.jpg

CANNONPIN.jpg

LUMINOR.jpg

SWISSMADE.jpg

CG.jpg

CROWN.jpg

LUME.jpg

WRISTSHOT.jpg

HKT

that baby is absolutly stunning bro. i love the new dials and t_crowns.

it used to be that we were stuck with the crappy dials, thin crowns, pos crown guards, but now with the help form some amazing people on these boards, all of that has changed. it's a great time to be getting into the rep game especially if you're a panny fan.

cheers again to the beautiful project, and the soon to be one off once you get a V cg installed.

such quality dial screams "put me in the closed caseback PAM"; With 1:1 CG and good crown that would be one "scary rep"!!! Gen owners will freak out what level of quality reps have these days..... Transparent back is a major step back, no matter what you do you cant achieve the finish of the gen movement.

I agree with mil_sub- closed back and a V CG would make that 99.9999% impossible to call out as a rep.

A sandwich dial in a closed caseback will be a rep for sure. These dials didn't appear until the H series and the display backs were since the E series. nice dial though.

And as a supporter, I might as well show one of my collections for you guys to enjoy.

I have yet to acquire huge amount of expertise like the majority here at RWG,

but hope one day I can melt in to the community with all of you.

Hey Hong,

Don't undersell yourself. The fact that:

1. You knew enough to not post too many questions that have been answered 5 times/day
  2. You knew about sourcing separate dials, crowns, etc
  3. You embarked not on a simple purchase but a substantial mod job
  4. Posted some great photos
  5. AND...upgraded to Supporter

I think means you have already melted in, and know a heckuva lot more than the majority of members here. Remember...a substantial majority lurk and don't contribute (time in posting or money). There really aren't that many regular posters, and even fewer who pony up financial support. You did both.

You're in the top tier!! :1a:

Top Notch HonkyTonk...

Great photos of a great looking watch ...the dial and the crown look especially good......you know you want a 1:1 V CG though!!!

I hope that LH does make a 183-G dial and maybe 217/127 soon ..?

If he doesn't I'm sure someone else will......it's not that costly to etch through thin steel and get it screen printed/ pad printed in a correct pantone...

Just getting the artwork right first is where the real skill lies!!!

Enjoy that PAM!!

FGD

Hey Hong,

Don't undersell yourself. The fact that:

1. You knew enough to not post too many questions that have been answered 5 times/day
  2. You knew about sourcing separate dials, crowns, etc
  3. You embarked not on a simple purchase but a substantial mod job
  4. Posted some great photos
  5. AND...upgraded to Supporter

I think means you have already melted in, and know a heckuva lot more than the majority of members here. Remember...a substantial majority lurk and don't contribute (time in posting or money). There really aren't that many regular posters, and even fewer who pony up financial support. You did both.

You're in the top tier!! :1a:

Thank you very much Toadtorrent,

Now I really feel this place as home sweet home :)

Your spectacular reviews here have given me so much knowledge to REPS.

And from your pics and valuable tips on many many watches, I'm currently in the middle of a

mod project for the SMP chrono as well.

Also I'd like to shout out a big THANK YOU to other repected members here at RWG for your sincere compliments.

And from your pics and valuable tips on many many watches, I'm currently in the middle of a

mod project for the SMP chrono as well.

Also I'd like to shout out a big THANK YOU to other repected members here at RWG for your sincere compliments.

Back at ya!!

Do up your SMP and let's see some pics. ;)

Back at ya!!

Do up your SMP and let's see some pics. ;)

I'm planning to post it... maybe tomorrow. Don't have 'em with me since I work somewhere else on the weekdays.:)

One slight problem I'm facing right now... got them hands relumed (the rep hands lume were just terrible...think they painted

them in green LOL) from a local watchsmith but it came out too dark :o