When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eurotimez: New Euromariner versions

pfran42

I cant believe this is happening. lug holes, gen construction, gen like crown, near perfect crystal. I am in awe of what chris is doing for the rep world. lets hope he doesnt get kidnapped by a black van with rollie plates...

so i do wonder if this takes gen spring bars with no mods. i think i would cry if things got that good...

thanks for doing this chris...

I talked to Chris a lot of times in the last month about the Cases.

Chris told the Factory to drill the Lugholes to 1,2mm but they

drilled them like on the Vintage MBK's.

Not a fault of Chris now but this was the first batch.

I drilled them out to right specs and tried to fit a

93150 Bracelet, Springbars and 501B Endlinks and

they fit the Case perfect :)

I will send it back to Chris as a sample for the factory.

But if they can't do it, I think we can live with it.

We drill the Vintage Cases also everytime.

I will post some Pics of it next time.

I suspect a lot of pre-owned Sub reps are going to come up for sale in the near future.

If Chris can organise this sort of effort for a better Submariner, why can someone put together an authentic Seamaster rep? The demand is certainly there...

Edited by mars08

I suspect a lot of pre-owned Sub reps are going to come up for sale in the near future.

If Chris can organise this sort of effort for a better Submariner, why can someone put together an authentic Seamaster rep? The demand is certainly there...

Small little steps, small little steps !!!!

Small little steps, small little steps !!!!

Easier said than done, mate!

You see I need an SMP Bond!!! I've been looking on timezone, watchuseek and e@ay.

I was sooo close to pulling the trigger on a Euromariner, but I've dumped the idea. With these latest tweaks, it's an excellent product out of the box. But it's not the watch I REALLY want.

It's looking more and more like a large chunk of my hard earned will NOT be going into the Chinese economy. Ironic, isn't it? Maybe irrational too... Just because a tuned-in dealer starts selling an outstanding version of a watch I don't want, I feel more tempted to buy the GEN of one I do. It's bloody hard waiting for something that may never appear.

Hi, can you explain what it's about when people talk about solid end pieces on the bracelet, are there different versions? ans what is SEL? Oh, and how is the lume on these Euromariners?

SEL http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t208/yo...ts/DSCN6509.jpg

NON SEL http://www.rolexandtudor.com/im/Rolex-93150-580-979.JPG

the difference should be obvious. when on the watch and wrist feels different and the little "hands" seen on the end of the bracelet pieces over lap the case, SEL *usually* sit flush with the case

LUME is like that of any rep. its the noobmariner dial, so 1/4th the power of the real thing for about a minute

...If Chris can organise this sort of effort for a better Submariner, why can someone put together an authentic Seamaster rep? The demand is certainly there...

I agree with you, ESPECIALLY for the speedmaster

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

So a lot of member asked for a good Case

with gen Bezel Assembly and no engraved Rehaut

(like WM9) and for a Case with Lugholes.

The Lughole Version is for some older Models.

It was made from Ref 16800 -16610.

There are Modells with 93150 Bracelets and some with 93250

Bracelet and SEL.

Chris was so kind and talked to the Factory to build this

Cases for the community here.

Most of the Members don't like the engraved Rehaut Version

so now we have it with no engraved Rehaut, thats fantastic

in my Opinion.

The Case with no Lugholes is a F-Series, Lughole one is

A-Series wich is correct for both.

I have two Samples of both Cases here and they look great.

Now we can build some neovintage Rolexes like we ever want in the Past.

I must thank Chris that he has done it for us.

Never seen a dealer who take Care of his customers and made things

possible by request.

Now Chris is trying to change the Crystal to a generic one from

Clarks.

So we have the right Crystal with no edged Crown and Gasket like Gen

which is a fantastic improvement for the Lughole Case.

Couldn't agree more!!!

I hope I'm not viewed as biased since I offer my own subs. But putting my rep hobbyist hat on, I want to point out a few facts about the Euromariner. I'm not here to trash it. My first goal is to make us all better informed and smarter buyer. My second goal is to make the Euromariner better.

While I modded perry's MBW m serial (same thing as the Euromariner), I found that his crystal is of the old MBW crystal style, the bottom one in the picture. This watch should be using the middle style, gen style crystal.

crystal_const.jpg

On a gen style bezel assembly, there's only one gasket to hold down the crystal and the retaining ring like this (borrowing Ubi's pic):

ubi_IMG_0739.jpg

That tall white plastic gasket ring is one piece. The retaining ring fits right over and around it like this (borrowing Tribal's pic):

Rolex16610WM9_TribalPics_01.jpg

But perry's watch has the gasket in 2 pieces. Well, it's not broken by accident. It's the factory that broke it so they could fit the old style MBW crystal on it. I think they are trying to use up the leftover crystals from before. So what I saw was the crystal is stuck on the bezel with one part of the gasket while the other part of the gasket staying on the case. im2 and kelster at RWG also reported the same problem. Here's im2's Euromariner. Notice the crystal is on the bezel assembly with a part of the gasket:

problem.jpg

So there's a chance you get an old style crystal and broken gasket. Not a big deal, you can get a Clark crystal or some other replacement. But Chris should fix this issue.

There's a bigger problem than the crystal however. While trying to fit the insert in, I found that if the bezel ring is totally outside of the retaining ring, the insert snaps in perfectly. But when I tried to put the bezel/insert combo on, the insert got pushed out. Thinning the insert wouldn't help. It's the top of the retaining ring being too high in relation to the bezel. It's the bottom of the insert that is hitting the top of the retaining ring. So there's no help thinning the insert. What I had to do was to shave ~1mm off the top of the top of the retaining ring.

shave_retaining_ring.jpg

Now the insert had a chance to go all the way in the bezel. This fix works but not ideal because with the insert being low, we are exposing too much of the crystal. The ideal is the bezel being thicker therefore higher in relation to the top of the retaining ring. This problem was also reported to me by blue_sphere at RWG. Chris, this is hard to fix, but pls try.

One fact I want to point out: This case and bezel assembly has existed for a while. I bought one last year. Mine had exactly the same issue. I also shaved off the top of the retaining ring on mine. So is it the same as the wm9 sub? I don't think so but I really don't care. Fact is wm9 sub doesn't have this problem. w.geno at RWG told me his 7 wm9 subs (pretty crazy huh, 7) has no issue of the inserts snapping in the bezels. Stephane's wm9 doesn't have the problem either.

-bk

BKLM posted that on RWI..

So,

I discussed this with Chris but this is an issue of the Glass I think.

Chris has also PT's new Sub which is the same like WM9 and all Parts

fit the Euro also the Parts from Euro to PT's Sub.

I replaced the Crystal on my V4 Euro with a generic one

and also installed a Gen Insert with no problem.

So I think its not necessary to sand down the retaining Ring.

Maybe there are some differences in the production time

by time who knows.

I thought by my Review the first time that the Crystal Gasket is broken in two pieces.

Now I know it is not.

The Crystals on the Euro has a too visible edged Crown I think, so replaceing with

a generic one is the best solution.

Chris will do it in the future I think.

SEL http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t208/yo...ts/DSCN6509.jpg

NON SEL http://www.rolexandtudor.com/im/Rolex-93150-580-979.JPG

the difference should be obvious. when on the watch and wrist feels different and the little "hands" seen on the end of the bracelet pieces over lap the case, SEL *usually* sit flush with the case

LUME is like that of any rep. its the noobmariner dial, so 1/4th the power of the real thing for about a minute

I agree with you, ESPECIALLY for the speedmaster

Thank you for doing that! Much appreciated..