When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Air King

URkuk

Hi

I am new to the replica watch area and am interested in purchasing a Rolex Air King..

I don't care much for real flashy watches and like the Air Kings clean lines

I would like a black face, smooth bezel with a stainless band..

I have no idea which replica site would be good for a first purchase

Thanks for any help

I also am not sure if I should go for a Swiss movement or a Jap movement

I want it to last so I am thinking Swiss

Bill

As usual, I 2nd Alligoat's sage advice. I just purchased a gen AK for $910 a couple of weeks ago & I just missed out on another 1 for $800 a few days before that. So these watches are out there & can still be had for a reasonable price. But if that is too rich for your blood (it is still alot of money for a watch), check out Andrew's or Joshua's sections in the Watch Collectors area (you may need to upgrade your member status to 'Supporter' for access). Because Air Kings keep the superfluous features & bling to a minimum, a good rep is very difficult to ID as being a rep. But, as always, I would recommend that you visit your local AD to familiarize yourself with whichever model you want & then download as many pics of gens as you can. The goal is to learn what the gen looks & feels like on your wrist, then begin your search for the best rep.

I ordered an ETA Air King from Silix..seems like a pretty good deal.I have emailed him for Paypal payment instructions as per his website but so far he has not answered me..is this normal or maybe he is on vacation?

Am thinking of ordering a second watch from Silix as he will ship 2 for the same price

I can see how this could become an addiction

This site saved me from dealing with Global Replica..I actually placed an order with them prior to finding this site

Global called me the next day to confirm the order and I cancelled it..they were not pleased..:)

I also pm'd the admin here on how to become a supporter no answer on that either..:)

Bill

I ordered an ETA Air King from Silix..seems like a pretty good deal.I have emailed him for Paypal payment instructions as per his website but so far he has not answered me..is this normal or maybe he is on vacation?

Am thinking of ordering a second watch from Silix as he will ship 2 for the same price

I can see how this could become an addiction

This site saved me from dealing with Global Replica..I actually placed an order with them prior to finding this site

Global called me the next day to confirm the order and I cancelled it..they were not pleased..:)

I also pm'd the admin here on how to become a supporter no answer on that either..:)

Bill

The rep world requires patience. That you will learn. Silix (Jay) may take a few days to get back to you...not super fast like some of the others...but for me, reliable. People have had bad experiences WITH ALL the collectors pretty much (a couple come to mind as the exception)...but reliable they are. Read the collector review section and you will learn the nuances of the different collectors.

Give Admin a couple days...he'll get back to you.

If QC/QA is not up to your standards...communicate with the vendor and you may have to send the watch back (always at YOUR cost)...and he'll ship another to you at HIS cost. If you have to return a watch...expect up to a 2 month delay (slow mailing back...courier is not recommended)...and then mailing return.

Admin just got back to me and I have donated to the site..now I wait on Silix...tap tap tap...:)

So glad I found this place before finalizing the deal with Global

Bill

Welcome to the Air-King club... :)

It is one of the watches I always come back to, when I am bored of heavy, over-designed watches. I have been thinking about a gen for a long time, but never got around to it. I bought mine from Silix, and am very pleased. Some of the replicas has a slightly strange "g" in "Air-King". But since the AK has been around for about 50 years(?) there has been a great number of variations.

Some eyecandy of my Air-Kings. The blue "Explorer dial" is the only one I have now.

17mai_AirKing2.jpg

AirKingMap2.jpg

Air-King_sbox2.jpg

Air-King_comparison.jpg

Here you see a replica with what I think is the correct "g"

Air-King_wristshot.jpg

Silix wanted $190 + 35 shipping for Air King with ETA-2836 movement..That seems like a good deal

I may even order another watch as he will ship 2 for $35...

But I cant do anything until he answers my email..:(

I know...patience...patience.... patience.....

but I want it NOW!!!!.....:)

Bill

I will wait until tomorrow..maybe he is busy.and I have read good things about him so I will give him a chance..

This is my first buy so of course I am anxious...I ordered yesterday afternoon..if he does not respond by tomorrow afternoon I guess I will try someone else.. I would have paid yestersday but he requests an email for Paypal payment instructions so I did as he requested..I'm probably gonna go for a blue asian Superocean also...:)

Bill

Silix is extremely slow & unless they have something that you cannot get elsewhere, I would try another collector. It took them nearly a month (not counting the 2 weeks it took to get responses to my initial emails) to deliver my last rep (in contrast, Josh or Andrew usually deliver within 4-5 days of my initial contact or order).

So far Silix is the only dealer who has the Air King I wish to buy

It is CLEAN as a whistle..that's how I like em

Guess I will have to learn more patience Grasshopper.....:)

Not really sure how to post a pic but I will try

post-17010-1223597162_thumb.jpg

That AK looks lovely. I admire your choice. Hope Silix comes through soon. Have not used him myself but patience is the key. It will be worth waiting for. Welcome to the club. Yes it's addictive. Yes it costs $$$. Yes its sometimes infuriating, but when it all comes together the satisfaction is priceless - and neverending. Enjoy it all. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

My AirKing rep has a really nice bracelet. The overall finish of the watch and bracelet on this $100 rep is better than any other rep i have! The stainless steel is flawless.

Personally my favorite Rolex is the Datejust and Airking...just simple and classic designs

This is my favorite Airking:

airking.jpg

• 2 months later...
So far Silix is the only dealer who has the Air King I wish to buy

It is CLEAN as a whistle..that's how I like em

Guess I will have to learn more patience Grasshopper.....:)

Not really sure how to post a pic but I will try

post-17010-1223597162_thumb.jpg

Hi,

firstly my english is very bad (i

Edited by rmh

Silix was much to slow for me..I bought eleswhere..

Try Mark at www.timeshop.net...he has the Air King for $108.00 with free shipping :)

and he replies to orders and email very quickly

Nice watch

Silix was much to slow for me..I bought eleswhere..

Try Mark at www.timeshop.net...he has the Air King for $108.00 with free shipping :)

and he replies to orders and email very quickly

Nice watch

Thanks!!

but..... is it the same model? Is the same diameter????

http://www.timeshops.net/Rolex_AirKing_Pre...J_1791-4771.htm diameter:37,5 and movement is not ETA

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1243 diameter 35 mm and movement ETA