When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new to forum: rolex replica question

vetsvett

How can I obtain a good rolex ss daytona replica? or Can I put one together myself . I am looking for a very good copy. Is there such a thing outthere?

I would like to obtain one but I have no idea where to get one. I see all the replica websites are selling replicas that do not have quality like any working with actuall chronographs and stop watch working. I would like a ss daytona where i can control the movement of the second hand with the pusher.

I notice on this site that there are some posts where I might be able to put one together myself, but I have no idea where to get the parts and how to proceed.

any help witll be appreciated. thank you

Welcome aboard. You're in the right place, now all you have to do is start reading, searching and learning. You don't say which type of Daytona you want, so first off you need to establish that. Modern or Vintage, for instance. I will tell you that the modern ones with the running seconds at 6 are not terribly reliable. Vintage models like the 6263 are OK, but once again you have to compromise on the low end of the price spectrum (under $500). And if you decide to build a franken, you could easily spend $2000-3000. There's so much to learn, it will take weeks or months!

Also, if you spend some money and join up, you will have access to the dealers section. Then you can see what all is available- well worth it IMO.

Welcome to the forum and community.

Personnally been here only 5 months and still don't have the watch that I came for.

But I'm having a great time and now own a ton of watches that I like better than "the grail"

Read, read, read and you'll have the answer that you came for, mainly as a side issue.

By the way, please consider becoming a supporting member; keep this forum alive.

JW

Welcome aboard. What needs saying has already been said but don't get downhearted. The good news is that you are definitely in the right place to (eventually) get what you are looking for. Pay up a few dollars and you might find your watch in the for sale section and your hunt will not be so fraught. I got a vintage Daytona from this forum and with a little sourcing of parts and incredible generosity from fellow members I am well on the way to achieving my aim. So, chin up and get hunting!

All the best of luck to you.

How can I obtain a good rolex ss daytona replica? or Can I put one together myself . I am looking for a very good copy. Is there such a thing outthere?

I wonder how it is even possible to miss the modern Daytona FAQ, which is pinned in this very same section?

I wonder how it is even possible to miss the modern Daytona FAQ, which is pinned in this very same section?

Heh... Looking through your review, I saw your reference to my El Primero projects :) Interesting to look back only to realize that the post for my first cosmo franken was only two years ago... Seems like I've had this pair in my possession for much longer than that!

Heh... Looking through your review, I saw your reference to my El Primero projects :) Interesting to look back only to realize that the post was only two years ago... Seems like I've had this pair in my possession for much longer than that!

Yeah, those frankens are legendary. But I agree, it feels like you've had them forever. Probably the most well known watches in the community. :)